GDT: A10 Day 1 - Yuta Wantstanotbe playing the Billikens D

13 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

french was involved in my two favorite plays of the night.   the first was the post sequence of the jump ball where the pretty boy for gw chicken shoved french when french started to walk away, french turned around and surprisingly jalen johnson as well then got in his face.   the tide went all against gw thereafter.   then near the end of the game when gw was in the must foul mode and french had to play due to the foul situation of foreman, french inbounds and then just stands out of bounds so there is no chance for a hack a shaq foul on him.   loved it.  

those were the most painful announcers to listen to ever.   please dont have their worthlessness on the air tonight again.  

I finally figured out how to sync Rammer and Earl with tv. Use I Tune in radio for 101 and then dick with pause or whatever till aligned. A few minutes of those tools on the tube mute button a must.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, bauman said:

The Welmer train has left the station, on its way home or to somewhere else as a grad transfer.  What a wasted scholarship and the official end of the Crews era, or should I say error!  i don't want to invest another year of SLU scholarships to see him sit at the end of the bench.  Would any of you really want to go into next year counting on EW for anything?

If Welmer's foot holds up I think he can help the team next season.

Stockard had foot problems for two years and has played well for the Bonnies.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and my opinion is probably wrong about Welmer but I do not think he was a waste.

I understand your point, our biggest need is guard.

HoosierPal likes this

1 hour ago, bauman said:

The Welmer train has left the station, on its way home or to somewhere else as a grad transfer.  What a wasted scholarship and the official end of the Crews era, or should I say error!  i don't want to invest another year of SLU scholarships to see him sit at the end of the bench.  Would any of you really want to go into next year counting on EW for anything?

Never counted on Wellmer for this season especially when he wasn't ready by at least halfway thru the OOC schedule. He's had foot problems ever since his arrival and they're hard to defeat. He'd be close to 25 next year. I think we've seen the last of Elliot Wellmer. He will now drift off into that ether world of least memorable Billikens.

15 hours ago, HoosierBilliken said:

image.png.5d8098622c54a5259e5258181186515c.png

Bess is the best player on this team and will be the best player next year.  He played every minute in the game.  That's crazy.  He always guard the other team's best player.  He rebounds.  He can hit threes.  He's our best free throw shooter.  And, he always quietly leads the team or is at the top in points every game.

3 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Bess is the best player on this team and will be the best player next year.  He played every minute in the game.  That's crazy.  He always guard the other team's best player.  He rebounds.  He can hit threes.  He's our best free throw shooter.  And, he always quietly leads the team or is at the top in points every game.

I don’t disagree with any of this other than to say I’m hoping Jordan Goodwin is the A-10 player of the year for the next 3 seasons, which might hurt Bess’ case as our best player next year.

3 minutes ago, NH said:

I don’t disagree with any of this other than to say I’m hoping Jordan Goodwin is the A-10 player of the year for the next 3 seasons, which might hurt Bess’ case as our best player next year.

Well put.  I was thinking exactly the same thing.....

2 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Haven't we been saying this for like six years now?

Foot 1 was a redshirt, played last season and foot 2 was this season so it is 3 now.

He played one year at prep, the way it is going he will be 30 when he finally uses up his eligibility.

I am holding on to what happened with Stockard because Elliot blocked shots played inside and shot 3's and finished last season strong.

I am pulling for the young man but in Ford I trust to make the best decision for everyone.

HoosierPal likes this

31 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Foot 1 was a redshirt, played last season and foot 2 was this season so it is 3 now.

He played one year at prep, the way it is going he will be 30 when he finally uses up his eligibility.

I am holding on to what happened with Stockard because Elliot blocked shots played inside and shot 3's and finished last season strong.

I am pulling for the young man but in Ford I trust to make the best decision for everyone.

Don't be dissing Elliot "The Over" Welmer. Agree with the progress he made made last year. He was becoming a force in the paint and still could knock down the triple.

5 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Also, kudos to @Pistol for holding me accountable for a sub-par thread title. Clearly that is what led to the Billikens slow start. Yuta was clearly not ready for Bess, who saw the thread title change at halftime and ratcheted up his game. Since the Davidson GDT has debuted with fire, I'm looking forward to a Billies win tonight

Don't worry dude, I covered for you with the one for today's game! :D

Littlebill likes this