CBI?

and you think we, our fandom, would draw well?  or even better, how would we be a "home team" in an ncaa tourney game where we had a 100+ rpi?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, Majerus put conditions on us agreeing to take part in the CBI when we did.  

-We had to be a 1 seed and therefore hosted the max number of games possible.

-We were given a spot in another Gazelle Group tournament the following season or the year after.

Rick also had a chip on his shoulder because he felt the Bills had been unfairly left out of the NIT.

-per NCAA.com using the NIT as an experiment again this season, I am a fan of the college game, if I want to watch the NBA I'll watch the NBA, so making moves to get the college game more in line with the NBA most likely does't excite me

The 2018 NIT will feature four rules modifications:

• The three-point line will be extended by approximately 1 foot 8 inches to the same distance used by FIBA for international competition (22 feet 1.75 inches).
• The free throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA.
• The games will be divided into four 10-minute quarters as opposed to two 20-minute halves. Teams will shoot two free throws beginning with the fifth foul of each quarter.
• The shot clock will reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30 seconds.

On 2/28/2018 at 11:34 PM, Cowboy said:

-per NCAA.com using the NIT as an experiment again this season, I am a fan of the college game, if I want to watch the NBA I'll watch the NBA, so making moves to get the college game more in line with the NBA most likely does't excite me

The 2018 NIT will feature four rules modifications:

• The three-point line will be extended by approximately 1 foot 8 inches to the same distance used by FIBA for international competition (22 feet 1.75 inches).
• The free throw lane will be widened from 12 feet to 16 feet, consistent with the width used by the NBA.
• The games will be divided into four 10-minute quarters as opposed to two 20-minute halves. Teams will shoot two free throws beginning with the fifth foul of each quarter.
• The shot clock will reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound instead of the full 30 seconds.

All sound good to me. Permanently doing away with the one and one free throw situation is awesome.

23 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

If a losing team intentionally fouls with less than two minutes left in the game (and leading team is in the double bonus) then the leading team gets two shots and the ball.

no more foul free throw crap 

Under your world, SLU never comes back to beat NC State in the tournament. 

Then four years later SLU never gets that Sweet 16 appearance for 2014. 

25 seconds left. Opposition has the ball your down 2. Play defense. Solid advice.

there have been cases in football of fouling benefiting the offending team. In hockey you can benefit from tripping a man on the rush with little time on the clock. Soccer you can benefit by taking a yellow card and stopping a counter attack. It’s not a foul but intentional walks fall under the same category. Of all your half assed trolls this is the most half assed of them