Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently this live chat goes until midnight tonight:

25cad800-ce18-43d4-8c30-d97424b132ae.jpg

• I would be careful comparing the Title IX investigations at SLU and Mizzou. Both will play out under the same process, but that's where comparisons should end. The allegations against Phillips are many and damning. What seems to be in question at SLU is a photo/video and whether or not it included consent. That said, SLU seems to have put itself in a spot that is tough to defend. They kept some of the players from playing, but not all. They have opened themselves up to criticism on both ends.
    by BenFred 1:54 PM
  • default.png
    Ben, honestly SLU does deserve criticism form what is going on. I am bias, but when Phillips at Mizzou got in trouble there was no pause or anything. He was suspended from all games and team activities. That's what you have to do. Title IX is not something you can handle lightly. This is a big deal for SLU.
    by TexasTiger 1:51 PM

Maybe Goodwin and Bishop were both suspended until 2020 and Bishop knows that the athletic department is going to bend over backwards to keep Goodwin and reverse his punishment so he's thinking he'll stay too because if they reverse Goodwin's punishment, his would be reversed too since they got the same punishment. I doubt it would work like that but that's the newest theory in my ever-changing line of theories. 

Why am I imagining a scenario where the team continues this little run they've been on and we get a week or two away from the A10 tourney as a red-hot team set-up to get a double bye in the tournament and then the school makes the ruling on the appeal and crashes the season for a 2nd time with just a couple games left.

BigMouthBilliken likes this

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Why am I imagining a scenario where the team continues this little run they've been on and we get a week or two away from the A10 tourney as a red-hot team set-up to get a double bye in the tournament and then the school makes the ruling on the appeal and crashes the season for a 2nd time with just a couple games left.

Entirely realistic.  I believe I predicted this a week or so back.  I believe this is very likely, and it would be very “SLU” of SLU to do.

1 minute ago, slusam said:

Is Bishop traveling?

This is what I have been wondering.  Stu has been tweeting the same 8 have been traveling since the decision was handed down.  Two obviously are gone but has Bishop not traveled with them since the decision and the other player is allowed to still play? 

I love how SLU labeled this guys as sexual predators who need to be removed from school for at least 18 months yet they took 120 days for the initial decision and are past the 10 day mark on the appeal decision all while the players can roam campus, practice with the team, attend classes, etc.

6 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

every time we win, I just keep imagining how much more painful the ruling is going to be. 

My figuring on the dates:

Jan. 19 - 3-day appeal window opens

Jan. 24 - 3-day appeal window closes; 10-day appeal period begins

Feb. 7 - 10-day appeal period ends (or Feb. 8 if you wait until the following day)

Not that SLU needs to abide by its 10-day guidelines.

16 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

better that then JG booted forever today or up to your scenario's hammer time.

13 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I love how SLU labeled this guys as sexual predators who need to be removed from school for at least 18 months yet they took 120 days for the initial decision and are past the 10 day mark on the appeal decision all while the players can roam campus, practice with the team, attend classes, etc.

"keep away they're predators" ask Muffy she got drunk and..............

8 minutes ago, almaman said:

"keep away they're predators" ask Muffy she got drunk and..............

well actually muffy wasnt drunk 3 days prior and leading up to the big event when she made all the arrangements including picking up the condoms and texted everyone the plan.