cash and grab

mbart33

that's what it's all about! the the unnamed family want money from slu- Those girls are not quilty -hogwash

I bet there still (the Girls) still involved in there activity's  at slu--

take a stand SLU until this matter is resolved in the courts, let them play.

or at least be fair and suspend all party's

i call it extorsion

Signed: discussed

A quick perusal through this poster's entire catalog reveals he's not a troll, was ahead of the curve in late Sept 2012 on the knowledge that Majerus was never coming back,

image.png.ba34817c1164472a6f82ab98b3477042.png

He started a thread in March 2013 that was unpopular because Crews had done well in the short term (winning A10 reg season and tournament), but was ultimately correct and he gets credit for having the nerve to point it out in the moment (even if there were plenty of others sounding the same alarm on deaf ears)

image.png.cb0ddab706d8e1e2e10114d5160aeabb.png

He was previously interested in Bruce Pearl and Jerry Sloan as replacements for RM. Obvi, Pearl is being targeted by the FBI so that probably wouldn't have ended well and Sloan is old AF, but per wikipedia Sloan did come out of retirement that summer of 2013 to take a consulting position with the Jazz...

Here he chimed in on someone elses Grandy Glaze thread implying Glaze was run off by Crews.

image.thumb.png.5570a4bb2070db5e467286251f2146d6.png

Whether or not Grandy was run off or whether he'd have helped in 2015-16 is beside the point, it's a legit non-troll take that may have some inside dirt.

Then he had a thanks captain obvious post about Tilmon 

image.png.f822ddfde2d3278ff9d1606167fce17c.png

Regardless, his posts have all been of the legit/non-troll variety...and when he has intel, he gives a little, but not enough to burn his source or blow the lid off anything...

image.png.2bdcf9c630370fd444e524e4367fe20c.png

I'm not sure if mbart33's intel is reliable, but he's been right before and doesn't post just to stir sh1t.

majerus mojo likes this

Loved RM for everything except his softness for coaches whose time had passed- he really thought he could personally save them. SLU enriched Crews who obviously no longer had his wits about him and was only fit for rocking chair-some people just burn out early

I am not sure that stating the obvious makes you a connected person.  i have no idea what or who he is but nothing in those posts suggest anything other than what others thought.  Lots of people did not like the hiring of Crews - anybody could tell that RM was failing  (most of us had hope but deep down we all knew it was bad) - as far as the girls making a money grab (who knows, when it comes to money lots of people try to make money grabs, no news flash there)  Lets just keep a level head.

If it goes through the legal & Title IX process what leverage would the girl's parents have?

I am sure they could drag this out in civil court or do a Willie Reed's dad media blitz. No guarantee if they were payed off, they still could do this. 

Not certain this is legit.

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

I am not sure that stating the obvious makes you a connected person.  i have no idea what or who he is but nothing in those posts suggest anything other than what others thought.  Lots of people did not like the hiring of Crews - anybody could tell that RM was failing  (most of us had hope but deep down we all knew it was bad) - as far as the girls making a money grab (who knows, when it comes to money lots of people try to make money grabs, no news flash there)  Lets just keep a level head.

But Paul Sorvino plays him in the movie, right?

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

It was not "obvious" that Rick would never be back to people who weren't in the know. They kept a tight lid on that. There was the report from someone with Utah connections that nobody wanted to believe. Then SLU released news that he was on medical leave when players showed up in August. Then nothing....until the thread where this guy replied that his source said RM would never be back. It was not breaking news but it was ahead of the curve of what was publicly reported.

It was not "obvious" to everyone that Crews was the wrong hire for the full time job. There was a vocal minority fighting the good fight, but the overall narrative was why is it taking so long for them to name Crews as the HC, this is effing with Crews ability to recruit, etc...Again, this doesn't prove anything about the current situation...just that this poster a legit SLU fan (not a troll stirring sh1t) that may or may not have accurate intel in this case.

All we really know is that there was an incident involving basketball players, it was recorded, 3 women went to the police station and reported it, and for whatever reason the process has dragged on for months without resolution. The longer it drags, the more each side feels they are being wronged. The parties who aren't in the know are naturally going to see it the way they want to see it.

Maybe someone is holding out for cash. Maybe that party was wronged and is entitled to something. Maybe they're full of but sh1t their representation sees a way to leverage the process into a settlement.

and if Paulie never talked on the phone, he sure as sh1t didn't post on college basketball team message board...I'd say this guy would have been someone Jimmy chewed out at the bar after the heist or perhaps Morrie (RIP Chuck Low)

On 12/26/2017 at 10:27 PM, mbart33 said:

that's what it's all about! the the unnamed family want money from slu- Those girls are not quilty -hogwash

I bet there still (the Girls) still involved in there activity's  at slu--

take a stand SLU until this matter is resolved in the courts, let them play.

or at least be fair and suspend all party's

i call it extorsion

Signed: discussed

Just now, Billiken Rich said:

I don't think the girls are quilty either. I'm also discussed about the whole matter.

I'm not Thicks the grammar nazi but that post looks like it came from a Russian hacker phishing for personal information.......

I bet he has an uncle in Nigeria that needs some help moving funds around.

I think it is foolish to believe that what mbart33 posted isn't playing a big part in this.  I think it foolish to believe class and race aren't playing a big part in this. 

The girls come from the biggest recruiting recruiting target for SLU students.  Upper middle income and above white St Louis suburban Catholic girls.  The last thing SLU wants is a parent of one these girls showing up at college nights across the area for the next decade saying SLU let some some scary thugs on the basketball sexually assault his little angel.  So they probably are trying to work out some kind of settlement with a NDA before they announce a decision.

The players are lucky they have had good representation through out this process or they would have most likely been completely railroaded because of who they are.  It isn't really racism on SLU's part.  It is doing business on SLU's part.  The players don't come from a demographic that pays a lot of tuition at SLU like the girls do and there is no one with a background like them involved in the decision making process.

SLU's institutional interest aren't supposed to come before impartiality in this process, but I have hard time believing they are not driving much of what is happening behind the scenes.  That doesn't mean the players are going to ultimately get the worst possible ruling from SLU, it just means that this process and the schedule for the process isn't being completely run with a swift and just decision being the ultimate goal.

24 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think it is foolish to believe that what mbart33 posted isn't playing a big part in this.  I think it foolish to believe class and race aren't playing a big part in this. 

The girls come from the biggest recruiting recruiting target for SLU students.  Upper middle income and above white St Louis suburban Catholic girls.  The last thing SLU wants is a parent of one these girls showing up at college nights across the area for the next decade saying SLU let some some scary thugs on the basketball sexually assault his little angel.  So they probably are trying to work out some kind of settlement with a NDA before they announce a decision.

The players are lucky they have had good representation through out this process or they would have most likely been completely railroaded because of who they are.  It isn't really racism on SLU's part.  It is doing business on SLU's part.  The players don't come from a demographic that pays a lot of tuition at SLU like the girls do and there is no one with a background like them involved in the decision making process.

SLU's institutional interest aren't supposed to come before impartiality in this process, but I have hard time believing they are not driving much of what is happening behind the scenes.  That doesn't mean the players are going to ultimately get the worst possible ruling from SLU, it just means that this process and the schedule for the process isn't being completely run with a swift and just decision being the ultimate goal.

-you know this?

6 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-you know this?

Given that one of the girls wasn't from SLU, the sororities that the girls originally posting about this on twitter are members of, and what I have heard off line........

I feel comfortable with my assumption of the race, socioeconomic background and home area of at least two of the girls involved.

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Given that one of the girls wasn't from SLU, the sororities that the girls originally posting about this on twitter are members of, and what I have heard off line........

I feel comfortable with my assumption of the race, socioeconomic background and home area of at least two of the girls involved.

Anything on breast size? Thanks for the information even if some of it is speculation.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 10:01 AM, brianstl said:

which sorority?

16 hours ago, mbart33 said:

its just the facts as i see it--look towards the cheerleaders if you want to see one of the girls

Which one was it?  I'm dead serious.  If we know that she went to police, alleging rape, potentially ruining the lives of several young men, she deserves to be outed the same as they were.  Unbelievable she's continued to cheer this whole time.  If you accuse someone of a crime and they aren't prosecuted, your anonymity should be waived immediately.

Edited by jimbofive
Stupid autocorrect waving my write to right "waived"

25 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Which one was it?  I'm dead serious.  If we know that she went to police, alleging rape, potentially ruining the lives of several young men, she deserves to be outed the same as they were.  Unbelievable she's continued to cheer this whole time.  If you accuse someone of a crime and they aren't prosecuted, your anonymity should be waved immediately.

No argument that she should not have been cheering but lots of people file police complaints and the police investigate and the the DA decides that there is not enough evidence to support the claim.  Nobody ever goes to jail for that.  Now if you file a false claim and the police determine that it was just made up then you can be charged.  Lets not forget that in this situation, sex did take place - no dispute - the question is did she consent or not?  The DA has apparently determined that there is not enough evidence to prove it was not consent.  As far as the anonymity goes, if her name is in the police record then I would think a copy of that police report could be gotten at some point by filing a FOI request.  I believe you can file it if you want - you do not have to be a reporter to do so.

24 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Which one was it?  I'm dead serious.  If we know that she went to police, alleging rape, potentially ruining the lives of several young men, she deserves to be outed the same as they were.  Unbelievable she's continued to cheer this whole time.  If you accuse someone of a crime and they aren't prosecuted, your anonymity should be waved immediately.

This is on tough one, I do agree that if we are to give assault accusations the serious weight and consideration they deserve, punishment should exist for trivializing  this situation with false accusations. If the accusations are proven false, this girl did an undeniably terrible things to these players, and terrible things to other people who may actually be victims of assault, creating an example where an accusers should not have been believed.

I don't know what the accusations were when the women went to the authorities. Speculating on is largely absurd, as no one knows what was said in the initial accusation and perhaps never will. 

What really makes me mad is the subsequent messaging on social media. The tweet that was circulating, which was itself a screenshot from a message on another social media platform was a vile accusation that now we know is nowhere near the truth. I would like to see everyone that contributed to the dissemination of that message punished. But of course that isn't possible. 

BUT, if the accusers played any role the creation of the social media messaging, I think serious university level consequences are in order.