GDT: SLU @ Butler

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I am sure he is frustrated with the process, too.  He doesn’t deserve blame on this.

What is the point of an AD if he can't or won't influence the rest of the school leadership? He may not be the primary point person, but this is becoming another poorly handled Situation involving student-athletes during his tenure.  

Then again maybe I expect too much leadership from an AD. 

5 minutes ago, TheGrandLife said:

Not really the AD's fault in this..He has a boss, this isn't Kentucky where Cal is the most influential person in the state. 

I get it. But if the pressure is on May you can sure as sh!t bet he’s wanting this over ASAP, regardless of outcome.   

40 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The jump shooters aren’t playing.  Most of these guys have never been good free throw shooters. Can’t aggressively play defense or rebound aggressively because they don’t have enough players to risk getting in foul trouble.  Teams tend to turn the ball over more when the guys playing are tired.

I get the tired thing but not in the first half.  They are playing poorly the entire game now.  They had no trouble shooting against VaTech.  I understand what everybody is saying all I am saying feeling sorry for yourself is not going to change anything.  The players are just going to have to man up as best they can.  If this the best they can do then we were never going anywhere.

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I get the tired thing but not in the first half.  They are playing poorly the entire game now.  They had no trouble shooting against VaTech.  I understand what everybody is saying all I am saying feeling sorry for yourself is not going to change anything.  The players are just going to have to man up as best they can.  If this the best they can do then we were never going anywhere.

Not sure what folks expect. We can’t shoot. Our best interior scoring threat was out today. Our pg is a freshman who can’t score or create much in a half court set because we can’t create space by making shots.  How the heck are we supposed to score with any consistency in our half court sets?

Definsively, we were poor.  French is a big part of our defensive effectiveness and his absence hurt us big time. 

Well I guess the second half was as ugly as the 1st.

Giving up on them was kind of a refreshing. I went to the park on a 60 degree day in December. It was gorgeous out. I came home sat on the patio and had a few beers.

Unfortunately I'm a glutton for punishment and I'll be getting pissed off and frustrated all over again next time they play. 

56 minutes ago, milwaukeebill said:

May got in a shouting match with a fan outside the stadium about the investigation.

This may be a good thing. Maybe this will be the final straw. 

Thwre has has to be something in his contact that if every sport in your department is mediocre or worse for multiple years you can’t keep your job?

AD in a shouting match? Really? Wow I bet the other guy was really scared. Chris May looks like he weighs 99 lbs soaking wet. IF the AD is yelling at fans after the game, that is a sad and pathetic. Just another reason to make the case for wholesale changes across university leadership. Hopefully we get more details, I'm sure there is more to the story.

Just sitting here thinking about everything and it's just sad. You really see what people are all about when things are bad. I talked to people that were at the game and they said AD was salty and riled up. That's fine but act like you've been there before. Don't go on television and radio if you can't take the good with the bad. Like it or not you are a public figure. The fact he's even lowering himself to acknowledging a rude fan is concerning. The whole place seems like it is in chaos. If anyone has more information please share. I'm sure there is more to the story but guys I talked to said it was embarrassing. Thanks