Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

34 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

He's a witch burn him.  He said something we don't like, burn him.  He's a fan of multiple programs or no program at all, burn him.  He refused to take the loyalty oath, burn him.  "Are you now or have you ever been a Missouri fan?"  Oh he didn't answer fast enough......BURN HIM.  

Grow up.  Stop feeding the trolls (if that's what you think they are.)  I hate almost everything about the Missouri program but this MU and Martin derangement syndrome is unbecoming........ 

You're completely missing the point. I don't care if you're not a SLU fan and if you are a SPUMAC fan, at least own it - even MUTGR has dropped all pretense. 

It's the "coaching" twins that have earned derision. If you try to present yourself as some kind of objective coaching insider and then turn around and say stupid sh!t like Goodwin might de-commit, you deserve to get mocked. They're frauds. Even thicks has tired of vtime's act. That says something.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put 314 in a different class.  No one ever said Goodwin was going to de-commit.  I believe the statement in question was in the context of us hoping to poach Tillmon from IL.  Was it a nice thing to say, no.  Does that mean we should burn him.....no

20 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

There is no VTime.  Hasn't been in 10 years. Let it go.  And I've made thousands of Billikens related posts, very few Missouri posts.

Simply not true. You had been away from the board for several months, before crawling out from under your rock to comment on the Ford hiring to post this gem: "Hiring a former Mizzou Tiger is definitely the way to go"

After that, you essentially disappeared for most of the next year until Martin was hired... since then, you have gone on a posting bender.

22 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Nice kid.  Very athletic.  Has talked to Coach Martin as well.

Coach, I have been on your side with some of your stuff, but C'mon Man!  I'm sure this kid has spoken to other coaches as well.  Why would you go out of your way on the Billiken site to point out that he has spoken to Martin?  For that matter, how would you know that this kid spoke to Martin unless you have inside information with regard to Mizzou's program?

I wonder if some of you are blowing C314's comment out of proportion.  maybe he's suggesting that the recruit may have some tie to the area, despite residing in North Carolina, so we shouldn't be surprised that some of SLU's competition might include other regional programs.  Just a guess.  

I'm just saying that some of you go out of your way to read some sinister motive between the lines of some people's posts -- in order to brand them as a enemy of the program for life -- rather than reading each post for what it says.

26 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I wonder if some of you are blowing C314's comment out of proportion.  maybe he's suggesting that the recruit may have some tie to the area, despite residing in North Carolina, so we shouldn't be surprised that some of SLU's competition might include other regional programs.  Just a guess.  

I'm just saying that some of you go out of your way to read some sinister motive between the lines of some people's posts -- in order to brand them as a enemy of the program for life -- rather than reading each post for what it says.

I think most of us gave 314 a fair shot, except for the one poster who immediately called him out as vtime :lol:.  I think his post about Goodwin caused him to lose credibility very quickly with a lot of people.

9 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

?.  

11 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Coach, I have been on your side with some of your stuff, but C'mon Man!  I'm sure this kid has spoken to other coaches as well.  Why would you go out of your way on the Billiken site to point out that he has spoken to Martin?  For that matter, how would you know that this kid spoke to Martin unless you have inside information with regard to Mizzou's program?

Lol not a Mizzou insider.  The kid has local ties.  Met him a few months ago. Nice kid...very skilled on the court...humble off of it.  Under the radar right now.  I was just passing on information as it pertains to the local programs.  Coach Ford has met John and talked to him already.  

Coach314, it's all in how you present yourself. Your first post on this kid was a d!ck post on the heels of a constant Mizzou lean that have many if not most on this board believing you are a troll. You could have responded to slusam's original post with something like this:

He's a nice kid. I met him a few months ago and he has local ties. He's very skilled and a bit under the radar. In addition to SLU I think Mizzou and others may be talking to him.

If you want to be a troll, and start up crap every time, keep posting the way you have been. If you want people to listen to what you have to say without all the negativity, take the time to write something like what I suggested above. Your call.

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

Coach314, it's all in how you present yourself. Your first post on this kid was a d!ck post on the heels of a constant Mizzou lean that have many if not most on this board believing you are a troll. You could have responded to slusam's original post with something like this:

He's a nice kid. I met him a few months ago and he has local ties. He's very skilled and a bit under the radar. In addition to SLU I think Mizzou and others may be talking to him.

If you want to be a troll, and start up crap every time, keep posting the way you have been. If you want people to listen to what you have to say without all the negativity, take the time to write something like what I suggested above. Your call.

+1 You get it. Most people do now, especially after his Goodwin post, but some are a little slow to figure it out. Heck, it even took some people a while to figure out what vtime was all about. :wacko:

I hate to interrupt our regularly scheduled pissing matches with information, but we have 2 more 2019 offers out today: 6-4 PG Grant Sherfield and 6-5 SF Khalil Whitney. Bios coming soon. Lots of 2018 updates today in the Recruiting Lists thread.

57 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I hate to interrupt our regularly scheduled pissing matches with information, but we have 2 more 2019 offers out today: 6-4 PG Grant Sherfield and 6-5 SF Khalil Whitney. Bios coming soon. Lots of 2018 updates today in the Recruiting Lists thread.

Thanks for trying to get us back on topic!

Sherfield is a top-40 combo guard who plays for YGC on the adidas AAU circuit alongside fellow SLU recruits Kyler Edwards and Isaac Likekele. He's got the highest-level interest possible and a lot of offers already. Talented all-around player.

Whitney is a Chicago kid who plays for Mac Irvin Fire in the AAU season and attends Roselle Catholic in New Jersey. His dad Kelly played for Seton Hall and lives in NJ. He's a big, growing, super athletic wing. He shows up in the rankings around #50 in the class, give or take.

Mizzou offered Francis Okoro and Yuri Collins this week.

2 minutes ago, slusam said:

CJ Walker was also offered 

I can barely keep up.

Walker is yet another Game Elite (GA) player, from Orlando Christian Prep. 6-7 wing, tons of offers and interest. 4-star, top-100, talented - SLU is not messing around with the caliber of player being recruited these days.

38 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I can barely keep up.

Walker is yet another Game Elite (GA) player, from Orlando Christian Prep. 6-7 wing, tons of offers and interest. 4-star, top-100, talented - SLU is not messing around with the caliber of player being recruited these days.

....but do we really have a chance of landing any of them?

14 minutes ago, bauman said:

....but do we really have a chance of landing any of them?

-we got French from a prep school in Mass, he turned out to be highly (from a historical SLU perspective) ranked and I expect big things from him including thunderous dunks

-Coach Ford and staff have shown in the past 14 months that they can recruit 

5 hours ago, kshoe said:

Obviously you should know perception is not reality.  Now when they mention Yuri being offered by Mizzou...is that trolling or are they sharing information about a rival recruiting school? Somehow you took offense to my statement because of the way it came off to you.  Your perception of me is based off how you interpret my words on your screen lol. This is not high school...grow up.  I am not here to gain approval from the "cool kids".  As i have stated numerous times before...i actually know these boys.  In the 2017 thread i either coached or coached against the local boys that were mentioned.  Thank you for trying to suggest how i type in this forum.  John could possibly be playing high school ball in STL this coming year. That is why he was introduced to Ford and Martin. That is why i mentioned it.  Two rival schools in regards to recruiting.  No subliminal messages included in my posts lol.  Special shout out to @ACEthough.  He shows me love every time i post.