Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Actually hsmith is a respected, longtime poster. 

You really don't need to tell any of us about the history of the program given you've only been around for 4 years.

If he is so respected then maybe he shouldn't come after me out of nowhere with lies. Pretty random and petty. 

I also forgot the past 10 years have everything to do with what is happening now.... new coach, new team, new program and a loaded roster. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Actually hsmith is a respected, longtime poster. 

You really don't need to tell any of us about the history of the program given you've only been around for 4 years.

+1 perfectly said

33 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

If he is so respected then maybe he shouldn't come after me out of nowhere with lies. Pretty random and petty. 

I also forgot the past 10 years have everything to do with what is happening now.... new coach, new team, new program and a loaded roster. 

He is not the only person coming after you and you have been limited to 5 posts, learn something from it.

There is one thing in common with all of this and that is you.

You wasted your 5 post limit fighting with someone, I would have rather read what you think about the 2019 recruits on this thread.

You have some good posts at times and can be a solid contributor to this site but you cannot get out of your own way.

On 5/1/2017 at 0:45 PM, majerus mojo said:

When you're quoting week old posts to get the #glorygang going again... 

IMG_9673.GIF 

It's May. Do you actually check this message board more than once or twice a week this time of year? I ignore most of his look-at-me routine, but he quoted me directly, so I couldn't resist this one.

Okay, against my better judgment I went back and found the old thread. Wasn't too difficult. Gorydaze spent several pages (from #30 on) in this thread arguing that the success under Majerus doesn't matter because it was "years ago" and that the only thing that matters to "kids today" is the current coach.

Here are some highlights where he posted exactly what I said he did, and which he is now angrily denying. I accept your apology in advance, Gorydaze. Best of luck to your Golden Eagles. I am now, for the first time ever, taking oldguy's advice and putting someone on ignore.

On 3/22/2017 at 1:35 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

Oh my gosh you are right. That's exactly why all the top recruits in Saint louis went elsewhere in the past 5+ years and why we were able to get top ranked Talent before the Ford era.

you are SO RIGHT. It's just a coincidence that now that Ford is here, that we have attracted the best on paper talented recruiting class. Has absolutely nothing to do with Ford and has everything to do with the state of this program 4 years ago.  

Gordon came here over Kansas because of our history. Goodwin came here over Illinois because of our history. Bess left Michigan state and came here because of our history. 

GET REAL. 

On 3/22/2017 at 1:02 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

"Hey kid remember the good ole days? I know we have been trash since then, forget about the top teams who are recruiting you who HAVE produced in the past few years more than us. Why join a team that just dominated in the tournament  and is projected to next year when you can take a chance on us, a team that finished bottom of the NCAA this year"

players are coming for Ford and his accomplishments. Not ours from years ago. 

On 3/22/2017 at 0:42 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

If you havent produced in the very recent years, it makes it really hard for recruiting. It does not matter if your program made it to the tournament years ago with different players and a different coach. However what we have going for us is a coach who has proven to push athletes from NCAA to the NBA.

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Yea, because that's what I suggested? Even remotely?

I'm not sure what you're remotely suggesting. But I plead guilty to sometimes not checking the board for six days during the offseason and then responding the next time I check in when someone has quoted me directly in the meantime. I throw myself on the mercy of the court here.

14 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

I'm not sure what you're remotely suggesting. But I plead guilty to sometimes not checking the board for six days during the offseason and then responding the next time I check in when someone has quoted me directly in the meantime. I throw myself on the mercy of the court here.

I'm suggesting it's a little hypocritical to call someone else "obsessed" when you are quoting week old posts, go on about how you aren't going to take the time to dig up old threads (and then do just that lol), as no one is discussing, nor appears to care about whatever this is

Also you posted plenty of times in this imaginary 6-day window, which is why I thought it was odd in the first place. As you note, it's not too difficult to see this 

15 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I'm suggesting it's a little hypocritical to call someone else "obsessed" when you are quoting week old posts, go on about how you aren't going to take the time to dig up old threads (and then do just that lol), as no one is discussing, nor appears to care about whatever this is

Also you posted plenty of times in this imaginary 6-day window, which is why I thought it was odd in the first place. As you note, it's not too difficult to see this 

Glory has posted dozens of times that he doesn't want to talk about Zeke anymore, then continues to bring Zeke up in threads where he wasn't even mentioned by anyone else. If that doesn't strike you as obsessive, then feel free to disagree with me. It's good to see he has finally found a friend here. And I did say a couple days ago I didn't feel like looking up the old thread. Then today I did it anyway. So you've got me there, I guess.

Now, I'm not sure how me deigning to respond to Glory in this thread after he quoted me directly is remotely comparable to his habitually bringing up Zeke. As for no one else caring about what I was quoting, that may be true, but I was responding directly to someone who was quoting me. If you think this makes me hypocritical, then no worries there either. I've certainly been called worse. We're going back and forth now in some kind of weird beef I'm sure no one else is interested in either.

As for the six day window, that's the gap between when Glory quoted me and when I responded. Not sure what's "imaginary" about that to you, especially since you're the one who brought up the gap in the first place. I'm still not sure what your theory is here, exactly. Are you saying I must have seen Glory's quote earlier, but waited to respond until later just because I am obsessed with him? Cool story, I guess. Not sure what kind of response you're looking for here, but you seem to be having fun, so I'll leave you to it.

1 minute ago, hsmith19 said:

Glory has posted dozens of times that he doesn't want to talk about Zeke anymore, then continues to bring Zeke up in threads where he wasn't even mentioned by anyone else. If that doesn't strike you as obsessive, then feel free to disagree with me. It's good to see he has finally found a friend here.

Now, I'm not sure how me deigning to respond to Glory in this thread after he quoted me directly is remotely comparable to his habitually bringing up Zeke. As for no one else caring about what I was quoting, that may be true, but I was responding directly to someone who was quoting me. If you think this makes me hypocritical, then no worries there either. I've certainly been called worse.

As for the six day window, that's the gap between when Glory quoted me and when I responded. Not sure what's "imaginary" about that to you, especially since you're the one who brought up the gap in the first place. I'm still not sure what your theory is here, exactly. Are you saying I must have seen Glory's quote earlier, but waited to respond until later just because I am obsessed with him? Cool story, I guess. Not sure what kind of response you're looking for here, but you seem to be having fun, so I'll leave you to it.

I guess we just have different ideas of "not checking the board in 6 days" !

This has been a regrettable conversation on all fronts, and I am truly sorry for all that have wasted their time reading it 

Just now, majerus mojo said:

I guess we just have different ideas of "not checking the board in 6 days" !

This has been a regrettable conversation on all fronts, and I am truly sorry for all that have wasted their time reading it 

No kidding. Maybe just try ignoring me next time.

Just now, majerus mojo said:

we definitely gave it some thought.. but you quoted me so..........

So I'm clearly obsessed with you way more than Glory is with Zeke. I'm glad we could finally reach some kind of conclusion here.

On Mon May 01 2017 at 10:27 AM, Glorydays2013 said:

HsSmith you're a joke. Obviously, Majerus years has an impact on recruits. Don't think I said those years never helped with recruiting. Players still commit to a coach though and Ford has done a better job in recruiting in his first year than any SLU coach in history

Majerus' 1st class had Mitchell, Rees, and Conklin, so let's wait and see.  Thompson and Cotto were highly regarded as well. And also Femi John.

Edited by STL Hoops Insider
Typo

45 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Majerus' 1st class had Mitchell, Rees, and Conklin, so let's wait and see.  Thompson and Cotto were highly regarded as well. And also Femi John.

That's three of the thirty best players in program history - going to be hard to top...