Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

45 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Wait, Demarius Jacobs is the kid that signed with SIU, then reclassified then got an offer from SLU like a month ago as a 2018. Did he reclassify again? 

It looks like that may have been a mistake with 2019?  His brother, Markese is 2019 class but is committed to Kansas, Demarius is 2018 according to 247 but uncommitted. 

http://247sports.com/Player/Demarius-Jacobs-46041333

http://247sports.com/Player/Markese-Jacobs-45572913

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yuri Collins is the best passer in the St. Louis Metro area regardless of class. If he can develop a respectable jump shot, the high majors will come calling.

Courtney Ramey would beg to differ.  I think Collins is dang good and don't mind his shot but his not an explosive athlete so I'm sure that scares away some of the high majors. What are his other offers and who does he play AAU for?

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

This is my opinion from videos I have seen and reports from people who have seen him him in person.   He has really good handle, ok shooter, sees the court really well, fast and short.  He is definitely right now more of an old school PG.

I have only seen him once, but I gave Pistol almost that same takeaway. It seems like he has some natural bulk to him, kind of reminds me of some of those tougher point guards from back in the day. I am interested to see how his shot develops (I assume he is similar to a lot of young pgs who could just get to the rim at will, so the outside shooting wasn't as developed) and whether he grows a bit. I also want to see him more to focus on his athleticism because he did not seem overly athletic to me.

To clear up any confusion, Demarius Jacobs was a 2017 recruit who signed with SIUC. He was released from his LOI, reclassified as 2018, and is heading to Hillcrest Prep in AZ to play with his brother, a 2019 Kansas commit. SLU and WKU offered a couple weeks ago but I guess it didn't get much attention until ASU jumped in the ring. Those are his three best current offers.

I've added Collins to the offer list. I don't see any other info about offers or interest at this time, so his profile is a little thin. He's been on my radar for a couple years along with the other St. Mary's players.

Just now, Pistol said:

To clear up any confusion, Demarius Jacobs was a 2017 recruit who signed with SIUC. He was released from his LOI, reclassified as 2018, and is heading to Hillcrest Prep in AZ to play with his brother, a 2019 Kansas commit. SLU and WKU offered a couple weeks ago but I guess it didn't get much attention until ASU jumped in the ring. Those are his three best current offers.

I've added Collins to the offer list. I don't see any other info about offers or interest at this time, so his profile is a little thin. He's been on my radar for a couple years along with the other St. Mary's players.

I believe Yuri has one other offer.  SLU is the bigger of the two

^I was wondering when we'd reach out to or offer Okoro.

EDIT: Update with profile.

Francis Okoro - PF, 6-10, 225 - Normal, IL (Normal Community West) - Twitter: @chibestfrank88

Offers: SLU, Virginia Tech, Illinois, Purdue, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Tennessee, WKU, Oakland, Texas Southern.

Interest: UNC, Duke, Indiana, Ohio State, Kansas, Oregon, Illinois State.

Latest News: Okoro picked up offers from SLU and Purdue in mid-June. (6/15/17)

Scouting Report: Okoro, who plays for Bradley Beal Elite, is a strong, skilled post player who scores out to about 15 feet. A strong rebounder at both ends, he's also an excellent shot blocker and all-around defender in the paint with a natural nose for the ball. He runs the floor well and is dominant in transition. The other thing that sets him apart from peers is his motor, which is tenacious for a big man. He's also had more opportunities to step up after James Wiseman left for Team Penny. Okoro is ranked in the 20-30 range nationally by almost all recruiting services, and is the unanimous top 2019 prospect in Illinois.

-Okoro is extremely impressive. He's energetic in a way that is rare for young players of his size. He's athletic, aggressive at both ends, and really improving his skills. It's a wonder he doesn't have more offers at this point, as he's had a massive spring for BBE, particularly because of his increased minutes after Wiseman's departure. The bluebloods are aware and watching, but he's lighter on offers than he should be right now. I'm glad we got in when we did, just wish we'd offered before this spring.

27 minutes ago, Pistol said:

^I was wondering when we'd reach out to or offer Okoro.

EDIT: Update with profile.

Francis Okoro - PF, 6-10, 225 - Normal, IL (Normal Community West) - Twitter: @chibestfrank88

Offers: SLU, Virginia Tech, Illinois, Purdue, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Tennessee, WKU, Oakland, Texas Southern.

Interest: UNC, Duke, Indiana, Ohio State, Kansas, Oregon, Illinois State.

Latest News: Okoro picked up offers from SLU and Purdue in mid-June. (6/15/17)

Scouting Report: Okoro, who plays for Bradley Beal Elite, is a strong, skilled post player who scores out to about 15 feet. A strong rebounder at both ends, he's also an excellent shot blocker and all-around defender in the paint with a natural nose for the ball. He runs the floor well and is dominant in transition. The other thing that sets him apart from peers is his motor, which is tenacious for a big man. He's also had more opportunities to step up after James Wiseman left for Team Penny. Okoro is ranked in the 20-30 range nationally by almost all recruiting services, and is the unanimous top 2019 prospect in Illinois.

-Okoro is extremely impressive. He's energetic in a way that is rare for young players of his size. He's athletic, aggressive at both ends, and really improving his skills. It's a wonder he doesn't have more offers at this point, as he's had a massive spring for BBE, particularly because of his increased minutes after Wiseman's departure. The bluebloods are aware and watching, but he's lighter on offers than he should be right now. I'm glad we got in when we did, just wish we'd offered before this spring.

1) Did I make it up that he seems like an Illinois lean? I probably did. Plus too early in the process to write anyone off.

2) T-Ford and staff seem to be able to make up ground quickly. I'm guessing they feel they at least have a shot if they are offering. Hopefully Tate's connections w/ the Eagles continues to pay off.

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

1) Did I make it up that he seems like an Illinois lean? I probably did. Plus too early in the process to write anyone off.

2) T-Ford and staff seem to be able to make up ground quickly. I'm guessing they feel they at least have a shot if they are offering. Hopefully Tate's connections w/ the Eagles continues to pay off.

Illinois offered last July, and they've been highly involved, before and after the coaching transition. I don't know how his impression has changed with Underwood compared to Groce. It's probably premature to call him a "lean", though, as he hasn't given a strong indication yet. I think he's still wide open, and his recruiting pool is going to get a lot more crowded in the next year.

There's a chance SLU has already been more involved than we realize, given their ties to the BBE/Eagles program.

52 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Leech went down to like 71 in scout. Had been like 20ish. Still would lovvveeeee to have him. 

I heard Leech is dealing with an injury.  To be honest, I don't mind him missing the AAU circuit.  Let the big boys fall in love with other kids.

On 6/15/2017 at 9:41 PM, brianstl said:

I heard Leech is dealing with an injury.  To be honest, I don't mind him missing the AAU circuit.  Let the big boys fall in love with other kids.

Looks like Leech visited Kentucky recently. No offer from Coach Cal but he wants one it seems 

http://d1vision.com/2019-marcedus-leech-plans-kentucky-visit-talks-recruiting/