GDT: Shrink the Sweater Vests (SLU vs UD)

TheA_Bomb

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we don't need another reason to show how much we've fallen as a program in 2 years, but here's one:

2 years ago we were the team that occasionally had to gut out a win against a bad team to avoid a bad loss on our NCAA resume. I specifically remember exhaling after a win at George Mason in the 2013-14 season. After the game tonight, I saw UD fans do that same exhale. We've gone from the team gutting out wins to the one teams are relieved to not lose to for fear that it will hurt their NCAA chances. That's where we are now.

On the plus side, one less game we have to watch Jim Crews coach SLU.

Perfect example of why Crews should be fired. You have a player who has played like hot garbage for most of the season, with possibly less basketball IQ then most of the players on the field hockey team.....and because he hit a few 3s you let him have the ball in his hand for every key possession at the end of the game.

MY will never be the best player in the A10.

Hines and Bishop tonight:

60 combined minutes.

1-11 from the field

2 points

7 TO's

If we learned anything from the Majerus era it's that good, consistent guard play is key. It's growing pains for Bishop, but should be an appropriate seat on the bench for Hines.

-I haven;t read the whole thread, but my first thought after how crappy an offensive this was, MY goes on a run scoring points and we go how many possessions before he touches it again? confusing

In addition to his 8 straight point 2nd Half scoring spree, MY also had a 5 point spree in the 1st Half, and promptly, as if on cue, got yanked.

This is the hardest I have seen MY play all year, especially defensively. It wasn't his faul that the shittty coach kept going to him. You want to be the hero and if your coach tells you to force it, you do it.

That was the worst coaching performance I have ever seen in the last 4 minutes and overtime. Hines should be seated on the bench

I love how Crawford scores 1 point all night, Bishop scores zero, and somehow it's all Milik's fault we lose. If our "veteran" leaders don't a) foul out or B) the bed, we win the game without Milik having to take the clutch 3 in OT. Without Ash and Milik next year, we suck even worse. As Al Gore says, an inconvenient truth.

Our coach didn't run the right offense/plays for our veterans. This was not n Milik but the play calls and leaving Hines at PG all game

You are a stupid if you think Ash is back next year

I love how Crawford scores 1 point all night, Bishop scores zero, and somehow it's all Milik's fault we lose. If our "veteran" leaders don't a) foul out or B) ###### the bed, we win the game without Milik having to take the clutch 3 in OT. Without Ash and Milik next year, we suck even worse. As Al Gore says, an inconvenient truth.

Our coach didn't run the right offense/plays for our veterans. This was not n Milik but the play calls and leaving Hines at PG all game

You are a stupid ###### if you think Ash is back next year

Simmer down Francis hsmith19 knows what is going on and understands that Ash is senior and is correct about how the game was lost last night. I was frustrated with Milik 6 for 16 shooting and I am for the Hines Bishop back court win or lose but I was wrong. In hindsight Bartley for Hines in the last minutes and stay with the hot hand. #FIREJIMCREWS

This was like St Bona game, we are up 95% of the game and blow it at the end or in OT. Both games against upper echelon A10 teams that should have been won.

We have no finisher at the level of a KL, KM, JJ or Marquee.

MY is the most frustrating to watch. How many times do we see him drive into the crowded paint and eat it. He got away with it last (14-15) season when we had very easy OOC and tweeted about it on how great he was.

Let him move on, let a new coach try do something with his scholarship. He can go some low conference school (like GG & AM) and be a star to feed his ego.

This is the hardest I have seen MY play all year, especially defensively. It wasn't his faul that the shittty coach kept going to him. You want to be the hero and if your coach tells you to force it, you do it.

That was the worst coaching performance I have ever seen in the last 4 minutes and overtime. Hines should be seated on the bench

Pretty much. MY forced a ton of per usual, but this time it looked like that's what JC wanted? Especially on the blocked 3. Hines had a much worse game, and I have no idea what JC must've been telling them in the huddles (he certainly wasn't drawing up plays). Zero ball movement in the last 10 mins. Hines literally drove and then threw it off the other side of the backboard at one point. Puke

I think Bartley injured his foot; he was limping when he when out; He was not the answer anyway. It would have been interesting to put Neufeld in after Reggie fouled out. Dayton had little size left. At this point in the season it would have been a great move;however if it didn't work out, we would have been criticizing Crews.

So what, he still should have made the move-that's what smart coaches do and live with the consequences.

The two clear out plays at the end of regulation appeared to be called plays from the bench. The first one was for Milik to dribble the clock down then do his standard bowling ball drive. The second they had Hines dribble the clock down then do his can't get a shot off drive. Quite a coaching display calling those two plays both in terms of scheme and knowing your players strengths and weaknesses.

On the plus side, Jordan Goodwin and Marvin Bateman were at the game to see there will be plenty of minutes available to them if they choose to come here.