Coaching Candidates

JMM28

I don't really care what May said in different articles about what he wanted. Way too much is being made of that. Just get us the best coach.

My list:

1. Drew

2. Stallings

3. Stansbury

4. Inglesby

Beyond that I don't have a real preference. As I've said, I'm not as down on Ford as some others, but him vs. guys l like Rice, Terry, Grant, etc. all seem about the same to me.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be a high school head coach in MO you must have a state coaching certificate. To get the certificate you must have a degree.

No you do not need a state coaching certificate just a state teaching certificate. You can obtain that in many ways if your degree is not in education or you did not specifically train to be a teacher. I am not even sure there is such a thing as a state coaching certificate in MO.

but I was told assistant coaches are no good because they have no head coaching experience. Inglesby or Caputo

I hope to God you actually know something. A guy like Inglesby (who played a major role in recruiting ND stars like Demetrius Jackson... gotdamn) would be a program changer for us.

No you do not need a state coaching certificate just a state teaching certificate. You can obtain that in many ways if your degree is not in education or you did not specifically train to be a teacher. I am not even sure there is such a thing as a state coaching certificate in MO.

I should have said they have to be certified by MSHAA. That certification process requires among other things a degree.

Volfan posted the following on August 24, 2012 in a thread entitled 'Next Head Coach? Who do you want? Who's a good option?':

"Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Martin Inglesby from Notre Dame. He is good recruiter and coach. He is young and energetic, he is on the radar of a lot of schools."
Perhaps Ingelsby's name was bandied about in 2012?

Correct his name was mentioned in 2012, that's all that was mentioned.

Volfan posted the following on August 24, 2012 in a thread entitled 'Next Head Coach? Who do you want? Who's a good option?':

"Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Martin Inglesby from Notre Dame. He is good recruiter and coach. He is young and energetic, he is on the radar of a lot of schools."

Perhaps Ingelsby's name was bandied about in 2012?

Chris May can't screw this hire up. Only may would consider a failed head coach in Ford. Ford had all the money and resources at OSU and failed, what make you think he'd be successful with less resources and money at SLU. That's why it's going the assistant coach route now, somebody must have talked some sense into Mr Chris May

Stay on the Inglesby bandwagon ,

Volfan your posts have added to a fun thread, the mystery person Volfan speaks of a hiring. I do not know a thing about coach Ingelsby so I will have to rely on the knowledgeable fans feelings on this site if it is a good hire. I read the Doctor B link about the coach Ingelsby and it sounds good and other commenters that I respect seem to like the coach so I will anxiously wait for the announcement.

Only thing I've said was he was interviewed along with Caputo and 2 other assistant coaches. There has already been an offer

Volfan your posts have added to a fun thread, the mystery person Volfan speaks of a hiring. I do not know a thing about coach Ingelsby so I will have to rely on the knowledgeable fans feelings on this site if it is a good hire. I read the Doctor B link about the coach Ingelsby and it sounds good and other commenters that I respect seem to like the coach so I will anxiously wait for the announcement.