#FireJimCrews

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA I'm still shocked we had a 13+ minute dead zone. 0 points for 13 straight minutes. Hell I could've hucked up half courters for that period of time and scored a couple buckets. It's becoming more and more obvious that Crews simply has no answer for just about anything that can happen during a game of basketball. He either sees it and doesn't believe it or is simply oblivious and I'm not sure which one's worse. Where to start?

A- Argue a call (if I see one more Jim Crews smug face image I'm gonna lose it)

B- Make a consistent f****** starting lineup for God's sake..How the hell are players supposed to find a comfortable role when they don't know where they stand in their own rotation?

C- Teaching players how to set screens? One of the most basic plays in basketball!! I didn't set many screens because I was a guard, but I set enough to know you're supposed TO GET IN THE DEFENDER'S WAY! Our screens impede our own ball handlers more than defenders. We have to be the worst screen-setting team in the history of college basketball. Someone mentioned watching Gillman going over to set a screen with a multiple foot gap between him and the defender and I saw the same thing. I implore everyone to focus on how our bigs set screens because it is an absolute spectacle.

D- Timeouts. How many scoreless minutes does it take, Jim, for you to call a timeout and just ATTEMPT PLEASE to think of something to run. 5 minutes? 10 minutes? The whole half? I mean if our players are just gonna aimlessly run around all game let's at least keep the rested.

Majerus is truly rolling over in his grave. Jim Crews has miraculous turned a contender into a laughing stock. And it only took the man 2 years. I believe a megaphone addition to my "fire crews" chant is in order.

People have stopped bitching about the inconsistent rotation, starting or otherwise, because we are so used to it at this point.. Remember when Crews was going to get a handle on that this season.. Yikes. Even after he found a clear starting PG in Reynolds (relative to our guys), he couldn't help but go back to Bartley for a game just for shitss.

The refusal to call timeouts will definitely be one of the first things I think of when remembering Crews, and that goes all the way back to his first couple games here. Also not putting guys on the FT lane.. how did that idea not revolutionize the game..

End of calendar year or end of season? Dead serious. If the Bills don't have a reasonable chance of winning the NCAA championship this year, Crews should be fired today. I guarantee better performances from the team without him, now and in the future.

Dead serious. Not sure if before the end of the year or at the end.

No, you haven't.

I know a rough season brings out maximum levels of hyperbole but sometimes it goes beyond ridiculous.

Actually I have. 01-05 was considered by many to be a Golden Era of Intramural hoops at the U. There were some classic match-ups at the house that Simon built.

The players stopped playing for Crews in 2014. Those that know the players know this. The kids don't like him. Pretty good percentage of Majerus players would tell you the same. Players in 12 and 13 ignored him and called their own sets. Players last 2 years have not been established enough to do the same. Interesting that statistically Grandy is averaging 13.1 ppg and 6.8 rpg on a 12-2 Grand Canyon team (17 points and 7 boards against SIUE...hmmmmm), McBroom 18.5 ppg, 2.5 RPG, 3.3 APG and 43% on a 6-8 Eastern Washington team. Wonder how many of current players Crews has locked up their games. Get rid of this guy now

I have no personal knowledge if these statements of yours are correct -- but I sure believe them. I have said for a long time now that these guys are simply not playing for Jim Crews. There appears to be no respect. At times, some do appear to give good solid effort, but not all, and not at all times. All appear to want to win. The problem is they are not doing the little things in order to win. No attention to details. And the discipline (or lack thereof) simply does not exist. We are watching street ball - and bad street ball at that.

Is there NBA talent on this roster? Of course not. Is there enough talent, for some, to play professionally when college ball is over? Yes, I believe so. Honestly, when Jim Crews was hired, I was worried he would not be able to recruit, that Jim would yell and yell and yell at practice and that such conduct would have guys quit and leave the team. None of this really happened. Instead, Crews landed some pretty good talent.I was there in 1983, And our team is far better talent wise than 1983. This is all coaching - or lack thereof. Crews just cannot develop them or get them wanting to play for him. Here's some examples:

1. Yes, Manning was injured alot and yes McBroom is bad in the locker room, but both of them should have played better the past 2 years. Instead, they were truly disappointing. And was Lancona a first team A10 player? No way -- but he was better than what we watched those 2 years.

2. Why did our young players, forced into action due bad prior recruiting, injuries, etc. never gel and come together? We actually got worse as last season went along. And this year, we have seen some improvement (Miles Reggie and Crawford) but we have also seen the Soph class regress in areas as well.

3. This year, Ash is still not playing like we expected him to (and like we need him to play), our Sophs in Marcus, Davell and Austin have actually gotten worse. And no signs of gelling or coming together exist this year either.

4. I am seeing very little contributions from Neufeld and Bishop ... but they both have real talent.

5. Our team looked really good during N. Florida but have played lousy since - except for individual efforts and for stretches of games (end of GW game).

6. I see no improvement on our decision-making, turnovers, defense or rebounding.

7. Not that Grandy and McBroom are relevant in D1 college basketball but they actually appear to be playing much better having left SLU

I wish the GW game never happened

Quite honestly this team doesn't deserve to win. No effort from coaches and sporadic effort from players, fundamentals are totally unhinged. This team has no cohesion, no skills, and a lack of talent, and more than anything else.. _the_ worst coaching staff in division 1.

Actually I have. 01-05 was considered by many to be a Golden Era of Intramural hoops at the U. There were some classic match-ups at the house that Simon built.

Yeah, that's when I played too, not one person who played there could have played on this SLU team or really any D1 team. Seriously, when my team of law students could compete for titles there is no D1 talent.

I wish the GW game never happened

Not me, I was out of town listening to Bob and Earl and commenting on the game day thread having my best moments of this horrible season. For one game all of the good stuff fans enjoy about the Bills was there to take in.

I stayed home and watched GW game because I am sick and tired of watching ineffective street ball.

We don't rebound.

We don't steal.

The only big men we ever find open to pass to can't catch the ball half the time.

Maybe now that Bishop has had a good shooting game things will change a little but if he plays at the expense of Miles Reynolds instead of alongside it will just be more games where we look inept getting over the centerline and

then we make passes without really extending the opponents defense or making any penetration...we throw up a

Last minute shot and then run away before even trying to rebound.

This is a terrible mess. If anyone thought Calbert Cheaney was going to teach up our bigs-I don't see any sign.

Year end teams usually have honors for several different things like most improved and with Jim Crews teams we are rooting for the

least regressed. Crawford seems least affected by the mess and still remembers how to post up and run the outside curl. The rest of the players play like Crews is going to pull them at first mistake. If you have shooters let them shoot. Don't make them feel like they have to make the shot or they are getting pulled. That is why freshman Tanner Lancona could shoot and as a sophomore he cranked up brick after brick.