Neufeld News

He's amazing. Villanova got a complete star at PG. I watched that Chaminade-Stevenson game in the Wheeling, WV showcase and I think he scored in the mid-40s.

He was an absolute beast in that game (just found the stat line, he had 48 points on 16/26 shooting and Jayson had 39). He definitely looked like a college player (I would say pro, but he is not very tall/long or overly athletic) playing in a high school game, just physically on a different level than the Chaminade guards (Stevenson didn't have an answer for Tatum and Cook though).

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Villanova got themselves an absolute steal, as I believe he was more polished than his ranking by scouting services would indicate. He should do big things in the big east.

Probably because he lacks the ideal measurables. The kid can play and seems like the prototypical tough Nova guard. Should be a big time player at the college level.

Neufeld according to the official live stat boxscore, had 0 points 0-0 fg, 0-0 FT, 1 assist and one turnover. However his plus +/- was 5, so clearly the difference in the game :D. I saw the last few minutes of the game, and when it became a hack fest apparently Egi was taken out and Neufeld put it in for the last few seconds, I missed it as I was looking at the boxscore then.

Egi played 33 minutes, 0-5 from the line only had 6 points but rebounded well double digits.

This was a good win for Canada, Italy trounced Tunisia, which was the other game in their group. Hopefully Neufeld will see more minutes.

Very nice to hear this. It is interesting that the FIBA U19 world ranking for the teams, at least for group C where Canada plays, has been upended in play. Canada ranked 25 beat Australia ranked 11 and Tunisia ranked 23.

Italy ranked 36 beat Tunisia ranked 23, and Australia ranked 11. Very interesting.

Very nice to hear this. It is interesting that the FIBA U19 world ranking for the teams, at least for group C where Canada plays, has been upended in play. Canada ranked 25 beat Australia ranked 11 and Tunisia ranked 23.

Italy ranked 36 beat Tunisia ranked 23, and Australia ranked 11. Very interesting.

That shows you what rankings mean. The US team was put together, what, less than a month ago? The Canadian team more or less a month ago. How can FIBA rank teams when the nations don't even know who is on the team? Are the ratings based on last year's U18 team?

That is exactly the point, rankings are estimates that should give approximate positions but which are not real until they are confirmed by actual play. The U19 teams have members that played in the U18 teams, but not all members in a team did so, there are many new faces in the teams every year.

SLU has a long history of not dunking. Frankly you should dunk at every oppurtunity. In my lifetine SLU has had 4 guys who would dunk at every oppurtunity, Monroe, Bonner, Big Chill, and Reed. Its mind boggling how many guys we've had over the years who almost outright refused to dunk.

SLU has a long history of not dunking. Frankly you should dunk at every oppurtunity. In my lifetine SLU has had 4 guys who would dunk at every oppurtunity, Monroe, Bonner, Big Chill, and Reed. Its mind boggling how many guys we've had over the years who almost outright refused to dunk.

i'd add jamal johnson to that list. otherwise i agree.

Regarding Neufeld, after watching some of his games overall I am encouraged. Why I would have loved to see him dominate, in these games, teamwork is only emerging so those who handle the ball play a huge role.

Neufeld has good hands, passes well, and even exhibited a decent handle. Have yet to see an outside shot. He rebounded well today but not the poor game. He does not consistently get good position, but takes advantage of his height. Granted watching him on a small screen against Tunisia is not ideal, I am intrigued with his athleticism, needs endurance but I thought I saw him get up for one of his dunks and one of his rebounds. I look forward to seeing how he develops.