Neufeld News

Jimbo, watch the game and tell us what you see, a bumbling big or someone with real potential.

I have only watched the Korea game, but it is hard to really know much based on that game. Has he been playing more meaningful minutes in the other games where you can get a better feel for his ability?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interested to see him against tougher opponents, would really like to see him get significant minutes against Croatia and if the beat them, then Turkey. Only way for Canada to face FBJT is in the finals, but would love to see that.....

He got 7 min in a blowout. He isn't going to play significant minutes in any close games

As per his official stats he has averaged 13.8 min per game over the last 4 games.

I have only watched the Korea game and while he played 14 minutes, most of those minutes and all of his production came in the 4th quarter when the game was a blowout. Not sure if that is how the other games have played out, I can dig into the play by play later if anyone really cares. It looks like he played 29 seconds in the 1st quarter, 3:22 in the 2nd quarter, 36 seconds in the 3rd quarter, and then 9:45 in the 4th quarter. All of his stats came in the 4th quarter. Someone said that he played more meaningful minutes against Italy, so I may watch that game (the play by play allows you to see when he would be in the game which is nice).

Against Italy he played in the first half, when game was still close at that point. He has contributed when the game is close but yes his minutes have not been against the other teams best players. However, he is the first sub off the bench for the starting 5 spot. Should that player get in foul trouble I would be very interested to watch him go up against the Croatian or Turkish Bigs. So yes meaningful minutes could happen Moytoy. Will it who knows.....

However, he is the first sub off the bench for the starting 5 spot.

So he is typically the 6th man? He definitely was not the 6th man in the game I watched, I would have said like the 9-10th man which is still pretty good when considering that this is a national team and a quality one at that.

So he is typically the 6th man? He definitely was not the 6th man in the game I watched, I would have said like the 9-10th man which is still pretty good when considering that this is a national team and a quality one at that.

To this point, Canada has been a lot stronger in this tournament than I expected.

Agreed, I was quite impressed with what I saw. They have a real strong starting 5. I really like that Justin Jackson kid and Dillon Brooks is a stud.

Brooks is great and Jackson is going to really fit in nice at UNLV.

Brooks is great and Jackson is going to really fit in nice at UNLV.

I am trying to get caught up to speed on this tournament, but the Canada/Croatia game looks like the best game in the quarterfinals. Watching Canada play their last game, won't they need to play Neufeld to match up with some of the Croaita bigs (impressive size in their rotation)?

I am trying to get caught up to speed on this tournament, but the Canada/Croatia game looks like the best game in the quarterfinals. Watching Canada play their last game, won't they need to play Neufeld to match up with some of the Croaita bigs (impressive size in their rotation)?

I would think so by looking at Croatia's roster and box scores, but I only saw a few minutes of Croatia actually playing.

Really, looking foward to the game and hopefully more meaningful minutes for Nuefeld.

Neufeld has been getting a couple minutes a quarter to give the starting "5" a breather. That said, he's still matching up against good players and this will definitely be beneficial to him.

It looks like he is about to get a great test with Croatia. Croatia has some serious size (Zubac 7'0, Zizic 6'11, Arapovic 6'9, and Slavica 6'8) and those four are all scoring in double figures in addition to 6'8 Karacic averaging 7 points in 14 mpg. This is all based on the stats as I have never seen them play.