Reynolds' playing time

moytoy12

Between a fairly serious personal issue, work, kids, following the NH saga and yelling at '05 in Wichita, I haven't been able to keep as close an eye on the team lately.

Can anyone shed light on MR's playing time and any reasons for the lack thereof? Defensive liability? Attitude? Offensive shortcomings? Early in the season, I was quite impressed with him even as a far from finished product. He has tenacity, athleticism, and willingness to step up. What are folks thoughts about his PT and what potential role could he grow into?

Moy, hope all is okay and good luck with whatever you are dealing with.

In regards to MR, i am somewhat perplexed. He looks like he's a good defender, but offensively he has not looked all that good. He had that one good offensive game, but since then his offense has looked dismal. His shot has not looked good at all. The only thing that I can think of is that he really wants to be a contributor and after the last good offensive game he had, he wants to get things going ad contribute offensively. He's just being a freshman. He needs to learn his role and how he best contributes on the team. He's quick, he's good defensively, and he's supposed to be a true PG. Hopefully once he finds his role, the offense will come to him.

Just my thoughts.

Some stats to consider. Reynolds is shooting only 26% from the field and 15% from the arc. He is our least efficient shooter at 0.60 points per shot. FT are very good at 76%. 12 assists and 13 turnovers for a A/TO of 0.92.

In my view he needs to slow his game down. Right now he appears to be in a hurry which leads to mistakes. He needs to be quick but not hurry.

I've watched Reynolds in warmups, and his three point shot just looks like it needs a lot of work, IMO. It has way too much arc on it, and he doesn't really get a good jump. It's just not a smooth motion.

Roby, on the other hand, has a good looking shot and I'd like to see him get more chances at the arc.

I guess when no knows why we can just speculate. Seems more like personal issues not basketball related or he could be nursing an injury. We seldom find out till later anyway!

Reynolds offensive game so far begins and ends with driving to the basket and getting fouled. He hasn't finished well. He has a bad 3 point shot. I recall him trying a pull up jumper mid range and nailing it. Perhaps he needs to work that into his offensive game. I hope he gets another chance soon, because I like his attitude and energy. He seems athletic and intelligent enough to adjust.

Reynolds offensive game so far begins and ends with driving to the basket and getting fouled. He hasn't finished well. He has a bad 3 point shot. I recall him trying a pull up jumper mid range and nailing it. Perhaps he needs to work that into his offensive game. I hope he gets another chance soon, because I like his attitude and energy. He seems athletic and intelligent enough to adjust.

Exactly. In his outbreak game nearly all his points came from getting fouled while driving. I dont see him being better defensively right now than any guard except maybe bartley and bartley is a clearly a couple steps ahead in the offense.

optimistically I look at him as an ace in the hole, a competent replacement guard can step up an run the show if we have a rash of injuries etc. we'd be .500 if he hadn't single handily won pesky NCA&T Aggies' game.

Reynolds had a nice game against Indiana State as well.

Reynolds offensive game so far begins and ends with driving to the basket and getting fouled. He hasn't finished well.

Is this a bad thing? If he can be effective driving to the hoop and can learn to dish the ball when the defense closes on him, then i think that would open our offense up a little more.

Is this a bad thing? If he can be effective driving to the hoop and can learn to dish the ball when the defense closes on him, then i think that would open our offense up a little more.

I think what he means is that his intent is to get fouled. I've seen him drive weakly just throwing the ball up with a bad shot selection. It works until the refs stop calling it. Once he bulks up I think he will be quick enough and strong enough to drive the ball to the rim, take the contact and finish. As of now he seems too weak to do that. Just my two cents

He's not effective driving to the hoop right now. Maybe he will be eventually. i think he can be a really good player for us. Currently He drives with no real plan or control and happens to draw alot of contact so far this year.if that contact doesn't happen I dont believe at this point he is finishing those drives

I've watched Reynolds in warmups, and his three point shot just looks like it needs a lot of work, IMO. It has way too much arc on it, and he doesn't really get a good jump. It's just not a smooth motion.

Roby, on the other hand, has a good looking shot and I'd like to see him get more chances at the arc.

Arc is good; physics show that the target is bigger when dropping from on high rather than a low trajectory - most of the

great long range shooters shoot rainbows