Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

17 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Pistol, do you know much about CBC's roster? A few weeks ago I saw that they had a player (think he was a freshman) with the last name of Love, and he was doing pretty well. Is it possible that the kid's father is Justin Love? JLove played with Justin Tatum, so I thought it might be a fit.

Justin has three kids.  two girls and a boy.  the oldest is probably about 8 or 9 (girl) then his son is probably about 6 and the youngest girl is maybe 4 or 5.   Justin lives in southern Madison county just off 70/55 near troy.    currently Justin works in behavioral disorders at Belleville west and is the jv coach there (doing a great job btw).   for those of you that didn't know, super sophomore ej liddell goes to Belleville west.   nice to have a contact close.  :D

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Description on Jared Rhoded's AAU team 

The team has produced such talents as former or current NBA or College stars such as Lamar Odom, Speedy Claxton, Charlie Villanueva, Curtis Sumpter, Duane Woodard, Joakim Noah and Jason Fraser.

Based in Baldwin, NY, the Panthers are the proud title holders of an impressive 17 championships from the iS8/Nike, one of the toughest and most notable leagues in the northeast. Charles added, "The Panthers have been in the final four, thirteen of the last fifteen years."

8 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere, but Gordon was at the game last night. I literally spot him from across the area with ease. Man-child 

He stayed for the senior celebrations too, that was awesome. 

45 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Justin has three kids.  two girls and a boy.  the oldest is probably about 8 or 9 (girl) then his son is probably about 6 and the youngest girl is maybe 4 or 5.   Justin lives in southern Madison county just off 70/55 near troy.    currently Justin works in behavioral disorders at Belleville west and is the jv coach there (doing a great job btw).   for those of you that didn't know, super sophomore ej liddell goes to Belleville west.   nice to have a contact close.  :D

In that case, it doesn't sound like the offspring of JLove is playing at CBC. Thanks for the input.

18 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere, but Gordon was at the game last night. I literally spot him from across the area with ease. Man-child 

After the game, there was someone else standing around Gordon and Tate. Didn't recognize the face, and looked older, so the guy could have been a coach.

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

He stayed for the senior celebrations too, that was awesome. 

Probably a pipe dream given his talent level, but it would be nice if the senior celebrations made an impression on him and Gordon decided he wanted that, so he stuck around for 4 years.

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

In that case, it doesn't sound like the offspring of JLove is playing at CBC. Thanks for the input.

Yeah, sorry, not as familiar with CBC. Chaminade, on the other hand, I can help with.

21 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-a 2*? Coach must see something others are not.

Rhoden has really come on strong lately, with a lot of 30+ point games in this calendar year. His recruitment has largely been confined to the NE so far, but I'd expect this spring/summer in AAU to bring a lot more offers. This appears to be a case of Van Macon bringing SLU to the party early - even if Rhoden is a somewhat late bloomer. He also plays alongside a highly recruited freshman PG, Posh Alexander, who already has national attention.

On 2/28/2017 at 11:04 AM, SLURadioBoy said:

It works for me with this link: https://www.prephoops.com/rankings/2018-rankings/

This list is very interesting.  The only schools with 2 commitments are UNC, The Ohio State and Saint Louis.  Another for what it's worth comment is that most of the early commitments are to local schools, e.g. both OSU commits are from Columbus, but still it show the effort TF and staff are making to get this program up to Fr. B's top-fifty dream and above.

5 hours ago, almaman said:

I'd like to see the equivalent rankings for this year's college freshman and see how many of those local early signings stay with that choice.

let's hope at least one, CAG stays with his choice

Lots of 2018 recruits still remain:

In class 4, the favorites won out, so we have Sikeston (Thatch) vs. Hillsboro (Pinkley) at Farmington and Vashon (Reece, McKinney) vs. St. Mary's at Parkway West. Both games are 3/7 at 6:00 - GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY.

In class 5, Chaminade (Davis, Hellems) has Pattonville at Lindenwood, Webster Groves (Gordon) has Battle at Maryville, and CBC (Catchings) has Lafayette at St. Charles West. All games are 3/8 at 6:00 - GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY.

5 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

People last night were talking about how we should be worried if Gordon becomes an all American. Kid seems pretty committed but should we be worried about that? 

Guy seems to want to be the star for the city like that guy who went to Oklahoma 

No. 

4 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I just wanted to hear that. First all american slu will have right? 

Gotta believe Easy Ed Macauley was an All-American.  Perhaps a few others in that era as well.......Dick Boushka, Bob Ferry?

3 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

What the hell is Battle?

Like they said, newer public school due to growth in Columbia's school district. They won the worst district in state; no one entered with a record better than .500; Battle is 12-15 after winning it. Webster should win by 30 without playing their hardest game.

Why? Because Missouri seeds geographically, not based on quality. They map all 81 Class 5 schools, and cluster them into 16 districts. Then they pod the districts for sectionals 1-4, 13-16, 5-8, and 9-12. Basically the same process for all classes. So you wind up with districts like 4, which had Chaminade, SLUH, Ritenour, and Ladue - all quality teams, with a couple of the better teams in state - and districts like 8, with Troy Buchanan, Battle, Holt, and Jeff City - none of which are any good.

There's also the situation in Class 4, where Vashon, St. Mary's, Sikeston, and Hillsboro are all in the same quadrant, so only one can go to state. But there are only a couple other Class 4 teams that could be considered as good as these 4.

It also bears mentioning that Whitfield (Torrence Watson) is still alive, and takes on Hogan Prep Academy (KC) on 3/9 in the semifinals at Mizzou. The final would be 3/11, should they win.

49 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I just wanted to hear that. First all american slu will have right? 

What do you mean "All-American?" A McDonald all American or something else?

either way, he wouldn't be named an all American until his senior year and he'all be signing his LOI next November so him becoming an AA wouldn't change anything.

Larry Hughes was a McDonalds All-American by the way.