Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kshoe said:

What do you mean "All-American?" A McDonald all American or something else?

either way, he wouldn't be named an all American until his senior year and he'all be signing his LOI next November so him becoming an AA wouldn't change anything.

Larry Hughes was a McDonalds All-American by the way.

and kicked A in the all star game

Sikeston pulled away late against Hillsboro 70-56 and Vashon squeaked by St. Mary's in overtime 72-68.  Thatch got off to another slow start against Hillsboro before turning it around in the 4th quarter.  Reece had 16 points and 8 rebounds against St. Mary's.  St. Mary's has 3 D- prospects and return everybody.  They should be the preseason #1 in 4A next year.

If Thatch has another slow start on Saturday, we're probably looking at a Vashon blowout.  Vashon's D can be stifling. Sikeston's coach should run some plays to get Fred going early. 

5 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

How do we get Webber out of St Louis?

No kidding. He's recruiting so many of the same players we are.

A bunch of 2018 updates have been posted on the Recruiting Lists thread- and a few for 2017, as well.

Thatch was 1-9 in the first half and still ended up with 22 points. He is also now Sikeston's all-time leading rebounder. 3star is right; he needs to come out of the gate strong against Vashon or Sikeston is doomed. That'll be a great game for SLU fans to GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY - Thatch and his teammate Jones, McKinney, Reece. Game's at Jefferson College in Hillsboro at noon Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

A bunch of 2018 updates have been posted on the Recruiting Lists thread- and a few for 2017, as well.

Thatch was 1-9 in the first half and still ended up with 22 points. He is also now Sikeston's all-time leading rebounder. 3star is right; he needs to come out of the gate strong against Vashon or Sikeston is doomed. That'll be a great game for SLU fans to GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY - Thatch and his teammate Jones, McKinney, Reece. Game's at Jefferson College in Hillsboro at noon Saturday.

I'll take T. Ford's odds against Webber. 

Wish Ford would have had the opportunity to recruit Xavier Sneed. 

8 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I'll take T. Ford's odds against Webber. 

Wish Ford would have had the opportunity to recruit Xavier Sneed. 

Maybe he will? If Webber gets fired, maybe the kid looks to make a move. Even if Webber stays, it looks like Sneed's minutes have been in decline in recent weeks. Not sure what the deal is there, but every time I happened to watch Sneed play this year, I liked his game. If he has a good relationship with Tate, we could be a good destination and we figure to have a couple of available scholarships this spring.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Thank you for the information I live 10 minutes from Jeff Co.

How some websites have Ramey rated over Gordon is beyond me. 

# Name GP Pts Avg FG FG% 2FG 2F% 3FG 3F% FT FT%

0 Carte'Are Gordon 13 240 18.5 104-153 68.0 104-153 68.0 0-0 .0 32-50 64.0

13 Courtney Ramey 27 537 19.9 173-317 54.6 150-243 61.7 23-74 31.1 168-217 77.4

38 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Don't think it matters because We have Gordan and Ramey is going somewhere else. 

Ramey stats are pretty impressive for a pg to average 9 rebounds and also 7 assists per game to go along with the 20 points per game. In the bigger games they have played together he has outscored Gordon. Versus Morgan Park, Iowa City, and Vashon. I think they play amazing great together in my opinion and it would have great if we could have got Ramey but that the past. 

41 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

After watching both play 10+ times this year, Ramey is better. 

8 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Apples and oranges, no? PG vs. PF

Absolutely, just saying I could see why Ramey could/would be ranked higher than Gordon nationally. 

Especially in WG's last game where Gordon missed 3 breakaway layups in a 7 minute span.  That was BRUT..AL 

You have to compare players to other players at their position. Comparing ball-dominant players to power players is a waste of time. It's like trying to compare quarterbacks to offensive linemen. Apples and oranges.

I've yet to see a better 2018 PF prospect than Gordon in the Midwest. Think of all the power schools in the Midwest and how many recruitment letters he's gotten in the last 3 years. We are very, very, very fortunate to get his commitment.

9 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

You have to compare players to other players at their position. Comparing ball-dominant players to power players is a waste of time. It's like trying to compare quarterbacks to offensive linemen. Apples and oranges.

Then why/how do sites rank them?????

Because the short answer is you can.