Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Childs was one of the flurry of 2017 kids Ford offered in his first month. My guess is that interest cooled on many of these by the end of the AAU season, and Childs was one of them. After the initial offer, there was no more buzz between SLU and him, nothing else linking the two. I get the idea that offer went stale. I just thought it'd be an interesting perspective to see a one-time 2017 recruit against a couple current 2018 recruits.

Ok hear me out, what Ford has done is in my opinion really strategic. He didn't clutter up one class with a power recruiting class which in the long run makes it harder to recruit when there are better options, and almost always pushes someone away through their college career. We have a really balanced team next year at all classes, with no class going to put us in a position to have a "replacement" class, i.e. put ourselves in a position that when that class is gone, we are screwed ala 2013-2014. 

What does this mean to me? I think Ford is playing the long game.

16 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Ok hear me out, what Ford has done is in my opinion really strategic. He didn't clutter up one class with a power recruiting class which in the long run makes it harder to recruit when there are better options, and almost always pushes someone away through their college career. We have a really balanced team next year at all classes, with no class going to put us in a position to have a "replacement" class, i.e. put ourselves in a position that when that class is gone, we are screwed ala 2013-2014. 

What does this mean to me? I think Ford is playing the long game.

love this 

6 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Not sure about Jontay but Gordon and Michael weren't exactly the best of friends while playing for MOKAN...

This board is becoming amazing with so many posters knowing who are "good friends.":lol:

Just now, bauman said:

This board is becoming amazing with so many posters knowing who are "good friends.":lol:

Just know what the MOKAN coaches have told me.  If anyone wants to find subliminal messages on their twitters than they can try to one up me.  Shouldn't be relevant though because Michael will be gone by the time Gordon graduates.  

16 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Not sure about Jontay but Gordon and Michael weren't exactly the best of friends while playing for MOKAN...

not sure this is accurate 

5 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Just know what the MOKAN coaches have told me.  If anyone wants to find subliminal messages on their twitters than they can try to one up me.  Shouldn't be relevant though because Michael will be gone by the time Gordon graduates.  

Christ. we even have insiders on the KC side!

13 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Creighton lost first round in an upset to RI. Maybe that can help the decision with Watson. Nothing huge i'm sure but if they went to the sweet 16 that couldn't be good for us. At least we can say that once we're there, we win

Can't you just talk to his family and find out if it helps?