Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This is correct. He was a non-qualifier out of high school, I think due to a combination of missing his necessary test score and some credit issues because he transferred 5 or so times.

Do non-qualifiers require two years of juco to become eligible for D-I?

Someone earlier in this said they did.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

sorry, said that wrong, UCLA "was".   You're right, Texas and Shaka has seen him a lot. 

a small rumor I heard is that pops isnt to quiet about getting paid from these coaches.  

I don't have any connections or anything but I've heard this as well.

If you want to really make an impact, everyone should message the managing editors and voice your complaints - and do so in an eloquent and factually based way, which most of you have expressed in posts above. This is obviously a terrible take from JJO, but one that should battled on a unified front. Email these two people:

[email protected]

[email protected] 

3 minutes ago, Randy said:

If you want to really make an impact, everyone should message the managing editors and voice your complaints - and do so in an eloquent and factually based way, which most of you have expressed in posts above. This is obviously a terrible take from JJO, but one that should battled on a unified front. Email these two people:

[email protected]

[email protected] 

Wrong thread.

10 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Villanova just signed a PG, so a certain player that plays that position is still available. Maybe TF will be at WG for someone other than Gordon today. Wishful thinking. 

Thanks Franchise, you seem the most knowledgeable guy on the board regarding actual SLU recruiting.  Still your codes confuse me.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Competition is heating up for Brandon Mahan. Cincinnati and Wichita State have now offered and "several schools are calling everyday".

Yikes those are tough competitors and in a better conference.

Bio for Shane Gatling is up in the Recruiting Lists pinned thread. Basically, he's a shooter. Takes 63% of his attempts from the perimeter, where he's made them at a 39.2% rate this season. He's the leading scorer on the undefeated (29-0) Indian Hills CC team. He's got offers from Dayton, Fordham, Washington State, Colorado, Ole Miss, and others. He played his freshman season at Niagara, where he started, but went to IHCC looking for a fresh start. He'll be immediately eligible as a junior in 2018-2019. So on paper, the differences between him and Brandon Mahan is that he's smaller and would be a junior instead of a sophomore. Otherwise, they offer a pretty similar role.

Ford on radio now, gushing about Pearson. Said he would be one of our best ballhandlers on the team right now. In addition to scoring, likes his rebounding. Felt like he was an under the radar guy who they got in on early. He's starting to fill out and get stronger. Thatch will be physically ready to compete as a freshman. Said Gordon is an excellent passer and his best basketball is ahead of him.  Said he is staying in touch with Goodwin throughout the suspension. Mentioned expecting to sign a couple players in spring.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Ford on radio now, gushing about Pearson. Said he would be one of our best ballhandlers on the team right now. In addition to scoring, likes his rebounding. Felt like he was an under the radar guy who they got in on early. He's starting to fill out and get stronger. Thatch will be physically ready to compete as a freshman. Said Gordon is an excellent passer and his best basketball is ahead of him.  Said he is staying in touch with Goodwin throughout the suspension. Mentioned expecting to sign a couple players in spring.

Thank you Ace for the post.

We offered not long after he got out of his SIUC LOI and reclassified. It's been harder to gauge where we (and others, frankly) stood with him for the past few months while he's been out at Hillcrest. The Illinois offer just came in this month. I know he's been on their radar but the offer is fresh.

Jacobs is neither the pure shooter or pure PG we've been talking about, but we have enough room in the backcourt for an athletic guard who gets to the rim and can score at all three levels. He's tough and plays with a lot of energy. I think he'd fit in well on this roster.

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

We offered not long after he got out of his SIUC LOI and reclassified. It's been harder to gauge where we (and others, frankly) stood with him for the past few months while he's been out at Hillcrest. The Illinois offer just came in this month. I know he's been on their radar but the offer is fresh.

Jacobs is neither the pure shooter or pure PG we've been talking about, but we have enough room in the backcourt for an athletic guard who gets to the rim and can score at all three levels. He's tough and plays with a lot of energy. I think he'd fit in well on this roster.

I thought I read he recently took officials to Illinois and Arizona State.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I thought I read he recently took officials to Illinois and Arizona State.

I'm not sure if he's taken any yet. After the Illinois offer, he said he was planning to visit this week, so maybe he's doing SLU and Illinois back-to-back. I know Utah and Arizona State are recruiting him, so I would expect him to visit both if he hasn't already - ASU is close to his prep school, and I know he's been on campus for unofficial visits.