Predict which frosh will be the best of the bunch in 4 years

slufanskip

Obviously not a lot to go on, but just curious what's your gut on which freshman will end up the best when their career is over. Don't hedge your bet ... just pick one

I'm going with Bartley

I like his size at the point, he seems to have good vision and a good feel for the game. He sometimes tries to force too much, but I think he'll learn.

1. Yarbrough

2. Bartley

3. Roby

4. Reynolds

5. Jolly

6. Gillmann

Bartley and Yarbrough neck in neck but I think Yarbrough has the chance to be more dominant. Still think Roby can be an elite defender in time. Reynolds can be big especially if he's in a similar role to what he had in high school: take over when necessary but defer and make the little plays more times than not. I worry about Jolly's ceiling but I think he's a 4 year contributer. Gillmann has a lot of potential but I wonder if he'll get passed by Neufeld next year. They'll be the same age and I think Neufeld is more skilled.

I hope the players do not read this thread. It is way to early to speculate.

Why would this be bad? If I read it and my name was listed a lot, I'd feel good that the fans seem to believe in me. If it wasn't I'd feel motivated to prove them wrong. If they read often they'll see plenty of good things and plenty of bad about each and every one of them

For me, Bartley NEEDS to be the one from this group who achieves the highest level. He is the true point guard on the team. Roby and Reynolds are combo guards. McBroom is a shooting guard who dribbles the ball up the court and then passes it off to whomever is initiating the offense.

Bartley has H Waltmanesqe potential. With his size and handle, he will soon understand which of those high school passes he can still thread through and which ones are best kept in the closet. The success of this team over the next two years may largely be linked to how well and how soon he develops into a 20 to 30 minutes per game point.

The good thing is that in this short of time we've seen flashes of brilliance from all of them. Imagine these six dudes as juniors and seniors- makes me very bullish on the future of Billikens basketball. I also said hi to them all at the meet and greet and they couldn't have been more engaging and accommodating. I don't think there's a prima donna in the bunch.

• 2 months later...