Opening game sellout?

bonwich

I saw an old man running around Schnuck's this past weekend telling everyone who would listen he had a "buddy" in high places who told him the decision was coming down on Sunday and that everybody would need "three weeks' groceries." It's starting to remind me a little of Dr. Browning and the New Madrid earthquake scare in 1990.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw an old man running around Schnuck's this past weekend telling everyone who would listen he had a "buddy" in high places who told him the decision was coming down on Sunday and that everybody would need "three weeks' groceries." It's starting to remind me a little of Dr. Browning and the New Madrid earthquake scare in 1990.

If the old man was the manager of Schnucks I give him credit for finding a creative way to get people to buy three weeks of groceries :)

I agree its all being overstated. Kind of reminds me of the potential ice-storms that shut down the city but rarely result in anything substantive. You should prepare of course, but its highly likely the fear is worse than the reality.

If the old man was the manager of Schnucks I give him credit for finding a creative way to get people to buy three weeks of groceries :)

I agree its all being overstated. Kind of reminds me of the potential ice-storms that shut down the city but rarely result in anything substantive. You should prepare of course, but its highly likely the fear is worse than the reality.

Remember the fear of massive traffic jams shutting down the metro area before Pope John Paul II visit. It was sad.

This area is filled with *******.

I try to use "candid" in place of the "h" when saying that, out of consideration for the people who claim "to be honest" implies you're lying the rest of the time. On the negative side, it took me a few seconds to figure out what "tbh" meant, so it seems a fair bet nobody would have any idea what "tbc" stands for.

It's CYC night- I'm getting two free tickets to go along with our season tix and will sit in the rafters with my fourth grader. I would imagine at least 1000 seats would be taken up by this promotion.

Choke Your Chicken night?

wish i could be there, i would put on a clinic. i'm pretty sure as long as the cops left me alone, i could finish in a crowded arena.

FWIW, I heard the same thing about the decision coming Sunday. It will be close to 35 degrees out, so have fun with that. I'll be busy basking in our 40-point SIUC drubbing.

This guy was saying it would be LAST Sunday. He presumably won't emerge from his bomb shelter for another two and a half weeks, so he might be right on time for when the decision finally does come down.

The bailiffs in Clayton are all saying it will be released on a Friday afternoon after schools let out. The idea is to avoid any more school closures and try to keep the worst of the apocalyptic shenanigans confined to a weekend. But then again, they might not know any more than the crazed grocery pitchman.

Remember the fear of massive traffic jams shutting down the metro area before Pope John Paul II visit. It was sad.

This area is filled with *******.

+1 I was thinking the same thing. And after scaring the public and discouraging attendace, the same media wondered aloud why crowds were down compared to other cities and countries...

Just spent 20 minutes on hold waiting for high level tech support, during which I counted 471 remaining seats on Ticketmaster.

97 in 205

43 in 202

No other section displays more than 30 "available".

We know they'll release more tickets between now and Friday. Additionally just because a seat is grayed out doesn't mean it is sold or allocated.

It would make sense that they'd give the appearance of limited supply (i.e. ~500 tickets left) in the week or so leading up to the game, then make more tickets available as tickets are sold in order to meet demand.

Given that the opening night draw appears to be more of a function of the momentum of the previous year than the expectation of the upcoming season (i.e. 'the lost 2010-11 season' had a better opening night draw than the following year when the team was poised to be really good or even the year after that when Crews was subbing for Majerus), and that the students are expected to turn out on a Saturday night, I think a modest 3-10% bump over last year's opener is a reasonable expectation.

128 currently available on Ticketmaster, and there have been additional tickets made available since Tuesday. Section 214 has 18 seats today, but only had 3 on Tuesday. 216 had none on Tuesday and currently has 1.

10k might actually be in play...yeah there's snow and rioting in the forecast but you gotta turn out on opening night.