Nolan Berry Transferring

HenryB

As everyone knows I am a pretty big Nolan Berry fan. I saw him play a lot in high school and AAU ball and have seen him play very well against top competition. I think he has a better offensive skill set than any big we have on our roster. His limited minutes at Butler do not scare me. They had an experienced frontcourt that returned from a tournament team, not to mention Berry is very thin physically. But fortunately for y'all it is not my decision to make.

I hope the coaching staff TAKES A LOOK at him. He is 6'10" with skills and was a higher rated recruit than any player we currently have on the roster. Those saying he was not the same caliber prospect as Ash are simply wrong.

If the staff thinks we can upgrade our roster in a better way than Nolan, they should pursue that. But if we are not sure how to use the scholarship, this would seem to be a welcome opportunity falling into our hands.

You might want to rethink that statement - http://www.vuhoops.com/2009/10/21/achraf-yacoubou-commits-to-villanova/

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am amazed how some on here are passing judgment on a kid who decided to go to another school.

I would hate to be judged so harshly on the decisions I made when I was 17/18.

If you want to say we have needs in other areas and really don't have a spot for him thats fine. I would disagree with you but I could understand your position, but to say "we don't want you because we were not your first choice" seems foolish at best and at worst like a spiteful child.

I am amazed how some on here are passing judgment on a kid who decided to go to another school.

If you want to say we have needs in other areas and really don't have a spot for him thats fine. I would disagree with you but I could understand your position, but to say "we don't want you because we were not your first choice" seems foolish at best and at worst like a spiteful child.

Heck, most of us who are at least twice his age make dumber decisions on a daily basis.

Why in the world would you want SPUMAC to get rid of Haith? Personally I think he is the perfect coach for them and I hope he is there for a while.

Frank Haith can do less with more than any other coach since Larry Finch. Extend him another 10 years please!!!

ACE, you tell him. just because you find a can, doesn't mean you should collect it. sometimes there's dead bugs and other gross sh.it inside a can, and if you're not careful, you can get it all over the other cans and even yourself.

i'm not saying berry is a rusty vess soda pop, but he's not a spotless can of unopened GOLDBERG SURRRGGGEEEE!!!!!! either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unopened-12oz-Surge-Can-Soda-Pop-Exp-July-2000-Rare-Coca-Cola-Full-Collector-/221400429338?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338c7e731a

$_12.JPG

Jared Who?

I am more worried about a current freshman leaving.

Tanner ain't leaving, Crawford ain't leaving, agbeko ain't leaving

Agreed '05. The freshman all love it here, as they have openly stated multiple times.

This is about the dumbest post I've ever read.

All of Clocktower's posts make me cringe.

no interest in doing what's cool any more.

no interest in voting luke meyer the favorite billiken every game only because he's from six flags over mid america and he only fuoks the blue hairs' granddaughters missionary style after he's done his homework.

no interest in coddling some potato-faced stiff just because he's from an esteemed line of dribbling dick dribble.

no interest in recruiting transfers that can't get off the bench for teams much shittier than us.

no interest in anyone that can't dunk/rebound their ti.ts off, shoot the 3, or defend anyone on the perimeter, knock your fuokin teeth out and pass all over your ass. lose the skates, dorothy hamill. i'll assess all i want, pal.

no interest.

interested in...

MOAR AFFFRRRIIIKKKKAAAANNNZZZZZZZ

NOTE: MODS - i need you to take ti.ts off the filter. i like to say ti.ts a lot. thanks.

Like there are teams out there that AREN'T shittier than us?

I think a reason that has been given over and over again in this regards has to do with spreading out the serving time of our players, If we took him he would be #6 in an already very big class that would all graduate at the same time. Maybe you do not want to hear this, but unfortunately for him he became available at the wrong time. We need to spread out the service times of our players so that big groups of players do not all graduate at the same time. Does that sound like a decent enough reason to you?

I think a reason that has been given over and over again in this regards has to do with spreading out the serving time of our players, If we took him he would be #6 in an already very big class that would all graduate at the same time. Maybe you do not want to hear this, but unfortunately for him he became available at the wrong time. We need to spread out the service times of our players so that big groups of players do not all graduate at the same time. Does that sound like a decent enough reason to you?

You get Berry and let the rest sort itself out later. The chances of the whole class staying together as it is now is slim. Don't know if Berry is the best player we can land, but if he is then you don't tell him you are not interested because of class balance. That is idiotic. You get the best players you can.

You get Berry and let the rest sort itself out later. The chances of the whole class staying together as it is now is slim. Don't know if Berry is the best player we can land, but if he is then you don't tell him you are not interested because of class balance. That is idiotic. You get the best players you can.

Idiotic? That seems a bit strong. Why use a scholarship to fill a position that doesn't need filling in a class that is already too large? If he's a world beater, then sure. But wouldn't it be more prudent to seek out someone who was a better fit in terms of either position or class, or even better fits both of those criteria? Or hold onto the scholarship until next year when we will only have two available?

There just seem to be a number of reasons not to expend our final scholarship on a big who would wind up in this class.

This is about the dumbest post I've ever read.

Glaze was given minutes as a starter last year to set the tempo -- but even JC did not play him as much this year. Last year, Glaze was injured with a shoulder problem so we suspected his injury was limiting his offensive ability. After this year, I see no offensive ability. Had Reggie and Tanner been healthy, I believe that Glaze would have had even less time this year. I also see very little future/playing time next year and would hope that Crews will have an honest talk with him about his future. Even if Crews doesn't show him the door because he will be a Senior (even I said it would be unlikely), don't kid yourself, many guys with only one (1) left of playing time would simply like the ability to play somewhere. And to all the nervous nellies who are worried that SLU will never be able to recruit top players in the future if we dared let a kid like GG go, I can cite numerous examples that this just isn't the case. RM cleaned house not only with Brad's 4 kids but also with his own kids Salesich, Jon Smith, Reid and the Greek kid (ET?) Speaking of Christian Salesich (sp?), didn't he transfer from MO Southern to SIUE for his Senior year?

Idiotic? That seems a bit strong. Why use a scholarship to fill a position that doesn't need filling in a class that is already too large? If he's a world beater, then sure. But wouldn't it be more prudent to seek out someone who was a better fit in terms of either position or class, or even better fits both of those criteria? Or hold onto the scholarship until next year when we will only have two available?

There just seem to be a number of reasons not to expend our final scholarship on a big who would wind up in this class.

We should use our final scholarship on the best player we can get regardless of class. 13 scholarships is more than enough to take care of position depth. As brianstl said, class sizes usually sort themselves out. Our primary concern should be landing players who are talented enough to take our team on NCAA tournament runs.

The coaching staff should survey the transfer market and try and land the best player we can, which I am confident they will. If that turns out to be Nolan Berry, then I would be ecstatic to land him, regardless of position.

It is idiotic if he is the best option you have available. I am all for signing a 3 that can have an impact. If that doesn't happen you take the most talented transfer available and you don't worry about class balance.

Glaze was given minutes as a starter last year to set the tempo -- but even JC did not play him as much this year. Last year, Glaze was injured with a shoulder problem so we suspected his injury was limiting his offensive ability. After this year, I see no offensive ability. Had Reggie and Tanner been healthy, I believe that Glaze would have had even less time this year. I also see very little future/playing time next year and would hope that Crews will have an honest talk with him about his future. Even if Crews doesn't show him the door because he will be a Senior (even I said it would be unlikely), don't kid yourself, many guys with only one (1) left of playing time would simply like the ability to play somewhere. And to all the nervous nellies who are worried that SLU will never be able to recruit top players in the future if we dared let a kid like GG go, I can cite numerous examples that this just isn't the case. RM cleaned house not only with Brad's 4 kids but also with his own kids Salesich, Jon Smith, Reid and the Greek kid (ET?) Speaking of Christian Salesich (sp?), didn't he transfer from MO Southern to SIUE for his Senior year?

Majerus didn't "clean house" with respect to Reed and Smith. Majerus said over and over again he wanted Willie back. The only reason he didn't come back is he bombed his midterms when he finally re-enrolled in school.

Majerus didn't "clean house" with respect to Reed and Smith. Majerus said over and over again he wanted Willie back. The only reason he didn't come back is he bombed his midterms when he finally re-enrolled in school.

You are thinking of the wrong Reid. Clock was referring to Jeff Reid and not Willie Reed.

Yeah, considering that Jon Smith was mentioned along with him, I assumed he misspelled Reed and meant the one Smith got in trouble with. I never heard anything about Majerus running off any of the guys involved in that mess.

Salecich was a totally different situation. He wasn't a senior, had never been a starter, his minutes had already been reduced to zero, and he ended up at a D2 school.