Reggie Agbeko

slufan13

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been hearing some great things about Reggie lately. A close friend of mine was talking with a student who is "highly involved" with the team in a number of ways, and according to this guy, Reggie has not only put on several more lbs of muscle, but he has also drastically improved his vertical, ball handling, and post moves in the offseason. Apparently the most improved player by far in his opinion. Can't wait to see Reggie in action this season.

Love the report, but I thought Reggie was still dealing with the shoulder injury and that was potentially limiting his summer training?

I think Reggie has a chance to become an absolute beast in D1. He is just extremely strong and uses his positioning/ posting so well right now. And he will possibly lead the team in rebounding this year. It all depends on 1. his health staying OK; and 2. his minutes. I am not predicting he'll immediately be in the starting lineup right away; but by mid winter I assume he'll be starting and getting big minutes -- if healthy. I'd be disappointed, if not. He may not be a great outside shooter; but he's got a monster inside look, and in time his ferocious post game plus offensive boards will surpass that of our best recent post guy --DE.

I've been hearing some great things about Reggie lately. A close friend of mine was talking with a student who is "highly involved" with the team in a number of ways, and according to this guy, Reggie has not only put on several more lbs of muscle, but he has also drastically improved his vertical, ball handling, and post moves in the offseason. Apparently the most improved player by far in his opinion. Can't wait to see Reggie in action this season.

Appreciate your relaying of the comments. Sounds really positive... and alot like last year. If not too much trouble, can you go back to your friend and find out about RA's health?

According to reports from last year, RA was the "most ready" of last year's Frosh to contribute, he was most likely to first start, he had the most developed physical body/strength of the Frosh, the coaches were really high on him, he did get early season looks/minutes... but of course, he never really established himself, he never really challenged DE for minutes, etc. Now, was this because he was injured early and often for most of last year... ??

The thing that bothers me about RA is that he has shown he is prone to injure himself. As far as we know he had a rotator cuff tear and a significant concussion last season. I hope part of his training since last season included accidental injury avoidance. Maybe he is just too aggressive for his own (and the team's) good. He surely is physically powerful, but I hope he takes better care of himself this year.

The thing that bothers me about RA is that he has shown he is prone to injure himself. As far as we know he had a rotator cuff tear and a significant concussion last season. I hope part of his training since last season included accidental injury avoidance. Maybe he is just too aggressive for his own (and the team's) good. He surely is physically powerful, but I hope he takes better care of himself this year.

I believe that TL is the one who had the concussion -- not RA. Also, I believe RA had a rather severe should injury (separation, tear or something) early in the seam which then lingered the whole year as opposed to him completely healing and then re-injurying the same time after time. Getting injured once and not fully recovering from it (but trying to play anyway) does not make someone injury prone or too aggressive for his own good.

I believe that TL is the one who had the concussion -- not RA. Also, I believe RA had a rather severe should injury (separation, tear or something) early in the seam which then lingered the whole year as opposed to him completely healing and then re-injurying the same time after time. Getting injured once and not fully recovering from it (but trying to play anyway) does not make someone injury prone or too aggressive for his own good.

Reggie got a concussion against Old Dominion I believe. At the time he was starting a few games and playing a fair amount. He was never really the same after that.

From what my friend has said, Reggie's shoulder is pretty much completely healthy at this point. He doesn't have specifics (he'd have to ask the guy about it more), but it sounds like Reggie is not having any problems whatsoever with training and/or practice. The question will be if it can stay healthy for the season, and whether or not there are any issues that might pop up (i.e. if it becomes re aggravated). I would think the surgery would have prevented any recurring problems.

But right now, he is training and the shoulder is apparently fine.

Reggie got a concussion against Old Dominion I believe. At the time he was starting a few games and playing a fair amount. He was never really the same after that.

OK. I stand corrected. But did TL also have a concussion or am I just way off? Tanner did have some injury, right?

I thought it was the Valpo game. Got an elbow to the end that knocked him out.

1) did Agbecko have surgery off season

2)why wasn't a medical redshirt asked for-every time he played he got hurt; if he was behind DE last year his minutes were going to be limited, anyway

if he is fully recovered I thank our only chance to be more than an 18 win team is for he and TL to play at the same time

It was the Valpo game that he sustained the concussion in. RA originally had a separated shoulder as a teen that never fully healed. The tear occurred prior to the season starting and he played through the season until a major reaggravation which was why he did not play towards the end of the season or during the tournament.

He is fully cleared today for full contact and has had the whole summer to get ready for the season. According to my insider his inside game is phenomenal, quick hands/feet, his face up deadly, and his midrange to long range jumper is very consistent. Defensively his footwork and speed is much improved so he will be a beast on the glass on both ends. He is expected to be a major contributor this season as long as he stays healthy which we hope is the case going forward.

RA is the KEY player for us IMO to take us above the general consensus that we will get "just" 17-20 wins, even with a weak schedule.

IF he can be a true inside scorer, as his prep school record indicates, his strength, finesse, and length with one year of learning our system, that will make a huge difference. IMO he is the only player on our roster who has the true potential for be such a threat. Inside. Back to the basket. In the paint. A go-to man down low. 15-17 ppg.

I am optimistic that by January we will find the right guards and small forwards and a center who can play a little D and get some rebs, but I am not confident there is a potential true inside scorer except for RA.

Does anyone think there is another on the roster to fill that role?

RA is the KEY player for us IMO to take us above the general consensus that we will get "just" 17-20 wins, even with a weak schedule.

IF he can be a true inside scorer, as his prep school record indicates, his strength, finesse, and length with one year of learning our system, that will make a huge difference. IMO he is the only player on our roster who has the true potential for be such a threat. Inside. Back to the basket. In the paint. A go-to man down low. 15-17 ppg.

I am optimistic that by January we will find the right guards and small forwards and a center who can play a little D and get some rebs, but I am not confident there is a potential true inside scorer except for RA.

Well, I haven't given up all hope on John Manning.

Well, I haven't given up all hope on John Manning.

I think IF* he steps up he can potentially do some damage on "O" with offensive rebounds and receive some good passes for easy put ins, and on "D" be an intimidating inside presence, a good defender, and get some defensive rebounds. But a "go to, post up, back to the basket" inside scorer? I hope it happens.

*IF

From what I have heard....expect the go to players to include AY, TL and MC. GG will continue to fill his usual role(would like to see more based on off season work but one can only hope) and JM at starting center. AM I am not sure about yet but I imagine a similar role like last coming off the bench. Also expect Frosh to get some minutes at all positions as well. There will be alot of growth pains this season for sure!

From what I have heard....expect the go to players to include AY, TL and MC. GG will continue to fill his usual role(would like to see more based on off season work but one can only hope) and JM at starting center. AM I am not sure about yet but I imagine a similar role like last coming off the bench. Also expect Frosh to get some minutes at all positions as well. There will be alot of growth pains this season for sure!

What about RA? Have you heard if he will be a go to guy?

What about RA? Have you heard if he will be a go to guy?

Yes he will be. With his potential as long he and the others can stay healthy I am confident it will be an exciting season. Maybe enough to warrant a stronger schedule the following season.

If AM is coming off the bench, who is starting ahead of him?