Dayton by 1 1/2 over the Bills

The Wiz

OK, all you handwringers out there...you can come out now ...you have something to legitimately wring your hands about.

The good news is the Dayton ( A- ) game is very winnable.

Here is what we need to do to win.....

Hold Dayton to 12 shots from 3pt range....3 made....27% shooting from the arc

Write down the name Sibert....he is their gun from 3....a staggering 46.4%...Find him...stop him.

Practice free throws....no more sub 70% nights...every point counts....simplifying it further.... if you take 4 shots make 3.

Bills need to shoot at least 43% from the field

When you play easier teams there is a margin of error ....there will be no margin for error in the Dayton game. If the Bills bring their A game ....they will win.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The projection at this time from Teamrankings is for a Dayton win with 1 out of 5 stars confidence level. Another thing, this game is scheduled for 10:00 AM Central. I have no idea if the change in time from the usual evening / night play time to 10:00 AM will have any impact on the game or not. Any thoughts on this, Wiz?

The key to the game will be to actually make some shots. Dayton likes to get up and down the court. Far more than VCU. Hit some shots and we limit their chances to turn it into a full court game. If we have a regular shooting performance we will be in trouble. 43% shooting will not get it done on the road against Dayton. Limit Dayton's scoring chances in transition and we win this game going away.

The projection at this time from Teamrankings is for a Dayton win with 1 out of 5 stars confidence level. Another thing, this game is scheduled for 10:00 AM Central. I have no idea if the change in time from the usual evening / night play time to 10:00 AM will have any impact on the game or not. Any thoughts on this, Wiz?

It will be unusual for both teams to play at 10....so no difference.

From 10 to 11 we will be the only college basketball game going in the country. The only other option for college basketball fans is to tune into game day and listen to jay bilas talk about eye tests and how great he things all the foul calls are.

It's an 11 a.m. tip here in Eastern time, so there is an hour difference in terms of what the players are used to. Not that UD always plays before noon, but there could be a little difference in each team's body clocks. Just saying.

OK, all you handwringers out there...you can come out now ...you have something to legitimately wring your hands about.

The good news is the Dayton ( A- ) game is very winnable.

Here is what we need to do to win.....

Hold Dayton to 12 shots from 3pt range....3 made....27% shooting from the arc

Write down the name Sibert....he is their gun from 3....a staggering 46.4%...Find him...stop him.

Practice free throws....no more sub 70% nights...every point counts....simplifying it further.... if you take 4 shots make 3.

Bills need to shoot at least 43% from the field

When you play easier teams there is a margin of error ....there will be no margin for error in the Dayton game. If the Bills bring their A game ....they will win.

So you're saying if JB doesn't play we would be favored by 8?

It's an 11 a.m. tip here in Eastern time, so there is an hour difference in terms of what the players are used to. Not that UD always plays before noon, but there could be a little difference in each team's body clocks. Just saying.

I believe the Bills have been in the Eastern Time Zone since the 6th. I would think they'd be adjusted to the one hour difference by now.

Of course they practice every morning, the issue is will they have enough time for a full practice and reaching readiness for the game before they start playing at 11:00 EST. This is not a major concern of mine, I am just asking for information if anyone has any opinions about this.

Of course they practice every morning, the issue is will they have enough time for a full practice and reaching readiness for the game before they start playing at 11:00 EST. This is not a major concern of mine, I am just asking for information if anyone has any opinions about this.

This could be a good thing. Seems like everyone thinks JB shoots lights out in practice so he should have a great game. Yes???