Dayton by 1 1/2 over the Bills

The Wiz

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, my turn. The way I see the SLU / UD game tomorrow is as a toss up which is too close to call with any confidence. SLU has definitely the upper hand in defense, and should do well and win it provided the shots score. If we have an off day in scoring we may well lose this one. Dayton is not very good at defense and we should be able to shut them down to a considerable degree, however, all bets are off if our guys do not sink baskets. I would think this game may well be a low scoring game.

What would I like to see tomorrow? I would love to see Barnett revive and score with his throws, and Macall shooting and connecting. I would hope to see Evan in his warrior stance running loops around their defense and scoring like he can. Same for Jett, McBroom, and Loe. I would also love to see some contribution to the score by the freshmen. I would like to see SLU making a much higher percentage of the FT. These are my hopes, what I want to see. The reality is that as of now, until we know how well we score tomorrow, this promises to be a very close and hard fought game.

You are not asking for much are you!

Maybe we try the trick of lowering expectations on JB.

That, and maybe it's haircut time. I think he shot better with the buzz cut.

My expectations for him over the last few games have been for 1 three to fall...that's about as low as I can go. I really like JB. Great guy. Smart. Good sense of humor...and I hope Dr. Barnett shows up and puts the pills in the bottle all night long...like icing on a cinnabun

It will be unusual for both teams to play at 10....so no difference..

Yes, difference.

It is 11am EST in Dayton so there is a one hour time difference for us, not Dayton, a slight advantage for Dayton.

But being the home team in an early morning game is a real advantage, at least it is a 100% familiar setting whereas the Billikens will be playing at 10am and also not in a foreign setting. That is a true double whammy.

They have been in town to adjust, that is smart, but still some of our shots might miss the rim at the beginning. I hope not. But it is weird to play a game that early, on the road.

I'd love to see JB never get off the bench unless it's too hand out towels.

Backhand, I like a lot of your posts but please do not say crappy things like this about our players. They are out there busting their asses.

Yes, difference.

It is 11am EST in Dayton so there is a one hour time difference for us, not Dayton, a slight advantage for Dayton.

But being the home team in an early morning game is a real advantage, at least it is a 100% familiar setting whereas the Billikens will be playing at 10am and also not in a foreign setting. That is a true double whammy.

They have been in town to adjust, that is smart, but still some of our shots might miss the rim at the beginning. I hope not. But it is weird to play a game that early, on the road.

They've been on eastern time since Wednesday so I really don't think the hour matters at all

if you are going to make a wish list, you might as well go all out. Besides, I woulld like to see Dayton positively blown away after reading that blog by the guy out there, the one making fun of Majerus, etc...

I would like to hook up with Amy Adams to name one but what good does it do to post it - it is not going to happen. I prefer - just me - to consider outcomes for the Bills players improvement to be a bit more realistic and achievable that way it may actually happen and thus we will then probably do better as a team.

We will be a little better off since we have been there adjusting but I am telling you IMO a very early morning start game on the road is always an advantage to the home team. Ask anyone who has done that... on the road in unfamiliar settings, whereas at least the home team is comfortable with the setting and background, they play there all the time.

And if we start out in a funk, as the game goes on, we should start to adjust.

I hope we are ok, just saying...

This is not as extreme but remember the Sunday morning game a few years ago, Washington visited us? Not nearly as big of a difference, but it matters.

We will be a little better off since we have been there adjusting but I am telling you IMO a very early morning start game on the road is always an advantage to the home team. Ask anyone who has done that... on the road in unfamiliar settings, whereas at least the home team is comfortable with the setting and background, they play there all the time.

And if we start out in a funk, as the game goes on, we should start to adjust.

I hope we are ok, just saying...

This is not as extreme but remember the Sunday morning game a few years ago, Washington visited us? Not nearly as big of a difference, but it matters.

Two hour time difference, presumably without five days to adjust for Washington a few years back. Not the same for the Bills.

Also, I think one of the many benefits of a senior starting five is having less of a likelihood of being phased by this kind of stuff.