Dayton by 1 1/2 over the Bills

The Wiz

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Tar-Baby is a fictional character from one of the Uncle Remus stories. It is a doll made of tar and turpentine. used to entrap Br'er Rabbit. The more Br'er Rabbit fights the Tar-Baby, the more entangled he becomes.

In modern usuage, , "tar baby" refers to any "sticky situation" that is only aggravated by additional contact.

The team goes through 3 hour practices at 7 in the morning during the school year. I'm not overly concerned. If we can't hit shots it's because we just simply can't shoot

You won't see me use the start time as an excuse but practice is a completely different situation than an actual game, especially when it's on the road

This was a signature win . Not only because we beat an A- team at their place but we beat a potential tourney team (at least as of today) Hopefully, this will quiet some of the naysayers who say...."we haven't beaten anyone good" ...also quiet those who say we are ranked way too high.

Onto the game....

Picking the spread is only part of the process ....after that I always include a section on what we need to do to win. If the Bills follow it , it doesn't matter what the spread is...we will in most cases win....Today was a good example of that. It is especially important if we are the underdog....no room for error and we need to play well ....the formula shows just how well we need to play. When the spread falls short, you can see exactly what went wrong.....an example was after RI, b hayes took my numbers and was able to pinpoint what happened. On the flipside when the spread widens you can see what went right.

Today's numbers.....

predicted........................actual

27% opp 3 pt..................28%..............check

3 3's made.......................4..................check

12 shots att 3's.................14................close enough

Of the above stats the % is the most important

Bills FG 43%...................46%.............check

FT..........75%...................82%.............big check

Sibert ...find him and stop him.............1/2 check....we found him but didn't stop him but it turned out OK because we held them to 28% from the arc as a team.

Again, a great win for the Bills....this is now the 5th best start in Bills history. Next win will tie us for 4th.

Sometimes, we overlook the fact of how good we really are.

Apparently, so does the Post. Mizzou on front page of the mobile version for their gift from the refs. The 15-2 Bills? Nothing.

The team goes through 3 hour practices at 7 in the morning during the school year. I'm not overly concerned. If we can't hit shots it's because we just simply can't shoot

I think we have to realize the fact that we are not a great shooting team. I think AM is the only pure shooter on our team. We win because of defense. We are a great team defensive team. If we can hit a few shots we can play with anyone.

I think we have to realize the fact that we are not a great shooting team. I think AM is the only pure shooter on our team. We win because of defense. We are a great team defensive team. If we can hit a few shots we can play with anyone.

So far, agreed, but RL and MM have shown they can hit 3s. If we can get them on track, especially MM, we will be tough to beat.

This was a signature win . Not only because we beat an A- team at their place but we beat a potential tourney team (at least as of today) Hopefully, this will quiet some of the naysayers who say...."we haven't beaten anyone good" ...also quiet those who say we are ranked way too high.

Onto the game....

Picking the spread is only part of the process ....after that I always include a section on what we need to do to win. If the Bills follow it , it doesn't matter what the spread is...we will in most cases win....Today was a good example of that. It is especially important if we are the underdog....no room for error and we need to play well ....the formula shows just how well we need to play. When the spread falls short, you can see exactly what went wrong.....an example was after RI, b hayes took my numbers and was able to pinpoint what happened. On the flipside when the spread widens you can see what went right.

Today's numbers.....

Sibert ...find him and stop him.............1/2 check....we found him but didn't stop him but it turned out OK because we held them to 28% from the arc as a team.

Again, a great win for the Bills....this is now the 5th best start in Bills history. Next win will tie us for 4th.

I think you were pretty darn right on with your pre-game thoughts about what it what take to beat Dayton. Great job by Coach Crews and team in a real team effort as it seemed to me that every player who got PT today contributed to this very good win.

Onto the game....

Today's numbers.....

Aren't these your stats we need to reach in just about every game?

Aren't these your stats we need to reach in just about every game?

Opp stats are dependent on who we play....they change for every game....sometimes not much but they change

Bills stats are based on the Bills preformance on an ongoing basis. I look for trends...things like when the Bills hold an opp to 28.6% from 3pt range we win (13-0) So while holding an opp to 27% vs 30% may not seem like much of difference ...in projecting outcomes it can be huge.