• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Congratulations!!

Screenshot_20240606_211005.jpg

How this guy can work in a school is beyond me.  Lutheran North Co-eds run for cover.  Coach Polk will soon be in your DMs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2024 at 9:29 AM, OkieBilliken said:

New card alert, Simon plays for FC Horsens of Denmark. He had 3 goals in 14 appearances for his Danish club.

IMG_0048.jpeg

Good info, but I think you have his team confused.  I had to look it up.  He plays for AC Horsens, not FC Horsens.  AC Horsens plays in the 2nd tier Danish league (it's called Division 1, but it is below their Superligaen which is the top league).  FC Horsens plays in the 7th tier Danish league.

He was transferred from the Vancouver Whitecaps to the AC Horsens in January.

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Good info, but I think you have his team confused.  I had to look it up.  He plays for AC Horsens, not FC Horsens.  AC Horsens plays in the 2nd tier Danish league (it's called Division 1, but it is below their Superligaen which is the top league).  FC Horsens plays in the 7th tier Danish league.

He was transferred from the Vancouver Whitecaps to the AC Horsens in January.

Wow, that was a huge mistake 😃.  The fact that there are (at least) 7 tiers of a Danish football is startling.  I think they have less population than the state of Missouri.  

2 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

Wow, that was a huge mistake 😃.  The fact that there are (at least) 7 tiers of a Danish football is startling.  I think they have less population than the state of Missouri.  

I think many of their leagues are similar to local amateur leagues that used to exist in St. Louis decades ago.  I wish those sorts of leagues were still active.  I guess that's more of a societal change in how things operate in the US presently.

7 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I think many of their leagues are similar to local amateur leagues that used to exist in St. Louis decades ago.  I wish those sorts of leagues were still active.  I guess that's more of a societal change in how things operate in the US presently.

In Denmark, soccer is probably the only sport they really care about.  The money and fan attention we throw at the NFL, College football, MLB, NBA, College Basketball, NHL, and MLS combined is what they put in soccer.

cgeldmacher likes this

4 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

typical non american football. what sport or anything for that matter have Division 1 attached to the second best entry in said endeavor?

11 hours ago, almaman said:

typical non american football. what sport or anything for that matter have Division 1 attached to the second best entry in said endeavor?

The English have the name Championship tied to their 2nd Division…

Not sure why I looked this up, but I did.  Kwamain just wrapped up his 11th year of professional basketball in May.  He played 2023-24 for CSO Voluntari in the Romanian league.  He averaged 8.0 ppg and 4.2 apg.

In his career, he has played in the Czech Republic, Poland, Latvia, France, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, and Romania.  What a way to spend your 20s and 30s.

EDIT:

Wanted to add a current picture.  Like his age 30 something look...

Rob Loe is playing for Tuatara in New Zealand.  He's averaging 20.2 ppg.  Looks like it is his first season in Tuatara.  He had previously been with Melbourne in the Australian League where he was averaging 5.5 ppg.  Looks like he's winding things down against easier competition in his home country.

TheChosenOne likes this

I’m liking this TMZ esque info! I’m no longer on social media (for some reason the algorithms thought I only wanted to see well endowed young women hit golf balls), so I didn’t know that about Thatch, disappointing. Nor did I know that about Gillmann and Crawford. And Crawford is married to a former women’s hooper, right?

4 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I’m liking this TMZ esque info! I’m no longer on social media (for some reason the algorithms thought I only wanted to see well endowed young women hit golf balls), so I didn’t know that about Thatch, disappointing. Nor did I know that about Gillmann and Crawford. And Crawford is married to a former women’s hooper, right?

One of the things you can do to get the algorithms to feed you other topics, is to search for them. For example you can look for things like car repair, or SpaceX, or Alaska, or whatever you might find interesting. The algos will start feeding you a broader menu of topics after you do that.