Recruiting - 2017

RUBillsFan

1 hour ago, Westy03 said:

Same

You guys aren't missing much. He is basically an old white VTIME. He is like 5th or 6th to the game in reporting real recruiting news with players of consequence, but he is really good at nailing who commits to D2/D3 schools from the Illinois area. 

His biggest thing is that when he wakes up from his mid morning nap, stumbles out of his barcalounger, and then tweets out "Just like I predicted" or "As I said previously" to somehow prove that he had some sort of scoop even though he had no clue. See his JG stuff...

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Because more than one person would notice a 6'11 recruit riding around on a golf cart on a relatively small campus. 

standing on a golf cart is rather dangerous. 

11 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

You guys aren't missing much. He is basically an old white VTIME. He is like 5th or 6th to the game in reporting real recruiting news with players of consequence, but he is really good at nailing who commits to D2/D3 schools from the Illinois area. 

His biggest thing is that when he wakes up from his mid morning nap, stumbles out of his barcalounger, and then tweets out "Just like I predicted" or "As I said previously" to somehow prove that he had some sort of scoop even though he had no clue. See his JG stuff...

He's also quite insufferable during games for Chicago sports teams. The slightest bit of adversity, and you might as well start doing the post-mortem on the season. I'm a Cardinals and Blues fan, and I found the handwringing annoying. I stopped following him on Twitter a few weeks ago, but before I did, he was going off on the Cubs for falling behind 2-1 to the Dodgers, while calling Jake Arrieta a "barely average pitcher."

i actually think his issue with SLU is that he views SLU as a school that gets the 2nd or 3rd tier players from Illinois, which leaves the big boys to take the best players. Now that SLU is getting the better players, he cant deal with it.

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

He's only talking to Self to make it appear that he didn't take money from $LU.

this ain't $LU's first rodeo

I think JT is flirting with ku so $lu up's their amount.

I don't believe there is any problem with a HS student-athlete visiting (friends) on his own on any campus.  The key was who was driving the golf cart.  If it was BB coach, no.  But maybe it was a player who had somehow managed to commander the golf cart. Or maybe it wasn't Tilmon.

From the NCAA website.

What is a dead period?

During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.