Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Article on Jayson with lots of quotes from Justin.

https://t.co/ZbQSqAd4RC

As always a little bit for those that think he will be a Billiken as well as some for those that are convinced he won't be.

Best news I read in there is a mid July or August timeline for a decision.

The best things on the pro-SLU front were that he realizes the crapshoot of the tournament and that he realizes the team has potential.

I'm a fan of the idea that you can never have enough ball-handlers. If Barnes=Tatum, I think it's a no brainer.

If that's all it took, the staff would've offered Barnes a year ago. Tatum is going to need more than Barnes to accomplish his goals on the basketball court. Judging by all the frontcourt players SLU is tracking in the 2016 class, that's where the other schollie is going.

I just feel that if his dad says that's the most enticing player for him to play with if he stays home, he should at least have an offer. You will be able to get Barnes and a big. The scholarships will work themselves out with transfers. Our staff would be crazy to keep 6 players in one recruiting class.

If Tatum wants Barnes, then you sign the kid AFTER Tatum commits. And if Tatum wants to bring along a couple other players, then you free up the scholarships in the spring of 2016 and make it happen.

Or you just offer Barnes a generous financial aid package and keep the scholarship for another top 100 player. And you still have the option of offering another player if a kid transfers in the spring.

Or you just offer Barnes a generous financial aid package and keep the scholarship for another top 100 player. And you still have the option of offering another player if a kid transfers in the spring.

Offer him as a preferred walk on for year one and give him Tatums scholarship after he leaves.

Although if he has a commitable offer from Indiana State, he isn't that huge of a reach for an A10 level recruit.