Recruiting - 2016

Yea, I am not really sure why this is a shock to us. About 50-75 pages back on this thread, there was discussion that he wanted to get outta town. Not sure why there is any feeling at all that we "lost" this recruit. I might have missed a correction/update though...

I don't think anyone feels we lost out on this guy.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note, no schools on his or JT's list match up.

I never got the impression from the start that they were looking to play together at the next level. They get along fine, but Tatum is closer with Gladson, some other AAU teammates, and some other Team USA teammates.

Cook may also be tired of playing in Tatum's shadow. They've had an obscene amount of media attention already and they haven't finished their junior year of high school yet - and Cook's always been the other guy.

All jokes aside I am so confused at this list.

Mizzou is the only school that makes sense to me. And that is where he is going.

Can't believe Kansas didn't make it. Shocked actually.

Iowa has never made sense but they were on him early.

Florida I guess because of lee and beal?

I never got the impression from the start that they were looking to play together at the next level. They get along fine, but Tatum is closer with Gladson, some other AAU teammates, and some other Team USA teammates.

Cook may also be tired of playing in Tatum's shadow. They've had an obscene amount of media attention already and they haven't finished their junior year of high school yet - and Cook's always been the other guy.

Hell, even here we were like "Oh yeah, cook would be cool too I guess."

Mizzou is the only school that makes sense to me. And that is where he is going.

Is the Kansas offer commitable or was he being used as a fall back there?

Hell, even here we were like "Oh yeah, cook would be cool too I guess."

I always thought Cook could be more important in building a program than Tatum because he would be around longer. I think both Iowa schools offered before we did.

Is the Kansas offer commitable or was he being used as a fall back there?

I guess there is no way for us to know, but that is a question I had as well. Was he offered as a package with Jayson or was he offered as a backup plan?

I was told early on not to have much hope in this one, but it is always tough to see top local talent get away.

I've never gotten the sense that he was a Kansas level player. It seemed it may have been more of a tactic to try to lure Tatum, but who knows.

I'm glad at least he cut his list down so now we know for sure instead of just rumor that he didn't want to stay home.

What do we know about some of the other guys on the Eagles. If Tatum did come to SLU, would he want a Xavier Sneed or Jordan Barnes with him? I would love to get a Sneed but not sure if he has any favorites. Anybody know?

I'm glad at least he cut his list down so now we know for sure instead of just rumor that he didn't want to stay home.

What do we know about some of the other guys on the Eagles. If Tatum did come to SLU, would he want a Xavier Sneed or Jordan Barnes with him? I would love to get a Sneed but not sure if he has any favorites. Anybody know?

Smart money on Sneed to Mizzou I think.

Getting Corey Tate might help Mizzou with Cook and Sneed, but is there really any guarantee that coaching staff will be there by the time these guys start their college careers?

You could say that about a lot of staffs not knowing in 2 years but I do think Anderson is on a hotter seat than most considering the AD that hired him is no longer there, he hasn't been a D1 head coach before and now has surrounded himself with coaches with no D1 coaching experience.

I would be disappointed if they were able to get both Sneed and Cook.

You could say that about a lot of staffs not knowing in 2 years but I do think Anderson is on a hotter seat than most considering the AD that hired him is no longer there, he hasn't been a D1 head coach before and now has surrounded himself with coaches with no D1 coaching experience.

I would be disappointed if they were able to get both Sneed and Cook.

Why? As others have pointed out, Tate was hired to make this possible.

Why? As others have pointed out, Tate was hired to make this possible.

Yea as Dwaynes_World said we may know that Cook didn't want to stay 30 minutes or so from his home but the average Mizzou fan doesn't really pay attention to basketball recruiting so would assume SLU wouldn't have a chance with local kid if Mizzou is in the mix. They just tend to think they are the far superior program and SLU couldn't get a top local kid over them. Not to mention the fact I would enjoy watching both of the local kids play together here for 4 years.

This.

Yea as Dwaynes_World said we may know that Cook didn't want to stay 30 minutes or so from his home but the average Mizzou fan doesn't really pay attention to basketball recruiting so would assume SLU wouldn't have a chance with local kid if Mizzou is in the mix. They just tend to think they are the far superior program and SLU couldn't get a top local kid over them. Not to mention the fact I would enjoy watching both of the local kids play together here for 4 years.

They ARE the far superior program...in criminal convictions.

Could not agree more,

Could not agree more,

I agree it is likely he does not want to be in Tatum's shadow any longer. However, that wouldn't prevent him from putting SLU in his top 6 if he liked us at all. There is still a chance Tatum will go to one of "the other three", in which case Cook would not be in Tatum's shadow at SLU.

I think Cook generally did not want to go to SLU.

Anyone know if FBJT knows Eric Curry? I know Tatum and Roby are friends from the Memphis days.

They know each other. How well, I don't know.The Arkansas Wings and the St. Louis Eagles play each other several times every summer. Roby played against him a few times when Curry was attending high school in Memphis.