Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

72-40, final. Chaminade rested Tatum and the starters in the fourth and enjoyed a running clock.

Tatum and Cook would both look great in SLU blue. I wonder if Gladson can return to 100% and be an A10-level player. He's still slow but he's a nice player for a HS big. Good frame, good positioning.

Lafayette is a very good team but a poor matchup against Chaminade. Way way way too slow. McCluer North played Chaminade down to the wire but a team like Lafayette beats the Stars by 30 points as well.

I've said before but Tatum could turn any team in the country into a final four contender. Cook is also growing on me. He's become much more assertive and as the season goes on is gettting his legs underneath him. Gladson has good fundamentals but his body is really broken. Its a shame. On two good wheels he's probably a top 100 player. Two bad ones and he's not getting any D-1 looks,.

Lafayette is a very good team but a poor matchup against Chaminade. Way way way too slow. McCluer North played Chaminade down to the wire but a team like Lafayette beats the Stars by 30 points as well.

I've said before but Tatum could turn any team in the country into a final four contender. Cook is also growing on me. He's become much more assertive and as the season goes on is gettting his legs underneath him. Gladson has good fundamentals but his body is really broken. Its a shame. On two good wheels he's probably a top 100 player. Two bad ones and he's not getting any D-1 looks,.

Hard to argue with any of that. There aren't enough superlatives available to describe Tatum's game.

I wondered if Cook was overrated (top 75-ish) coming in to the season, but man, he's a really aggressive offensive player. Dunk machine. I like him a lot.

No optimism for Gladson's chances of full recovery? I mean, yeah, he's obviously been broken down but I'd love to see him close to full speed again. What a bummer.

Hard to argue with any of that. There aren't enough superlatives available to describe Tatum's game.

I wondered if Cook was overrated (top 75-ish) coming in to the season, but man, he's a really aggressive offensive player. Dunk machine. I like him a lot.

No optimism for Gladson's chances of full recovery? I mean, yeah, he's obviously been broken down but I'd love to see him close to full speed again. What a bummer.

Gladson hasn't been hurt since last season. He might as well not have knees the way he plays. He is much slower and with less vertical than even our athletically challenged big men. I just don't see him getting back to 100% ever, much less 75%.

thetorch, on 11 Mar 2015 - 6:03 PM, said:

Gladson hasn't been hurt since last season. He might as well not have knees the way he plays. He is much slower and with less vertical than even our athletically challenged big men. I just don't see him getting back to 100% ever, much less 75%.

I don't see much in Gladson. I was at the game. It seems to me Gladson's teammates would not pass him the ball when he posted up early in the game. When SLU recruits it seems we wind up with players like Gladson instead of players like Cook or Tatum. Maybe one day that will change. Cook is a good player but he has a way to go before he can become an impact player as a freshman at a high major school, imo.

I don't see much in Gladson. I was at the game. It seems to me Gladson's teammates would not pass him the ball when he posted up early in the game. When SLU recruits it seems we wind up with players like Gladson instead of players like Cook or Tatum. Maybe one day that will change. Cook is a good player but he has a way to go before he can become an impact player as a freshman at a high major school, imo.

I've only seen Cook play once, but he would have made us a better team this year.

kmbilliken, on 11 Mar 2015 - 8:31 PM, said:

I've only seen Cook play once, but he would have made us a better team this year.

He needs to play hard all the time. An impact player can't take plays off. He may have helped us this year depending on how Crews would have played him. If he comes here in 2016 I believe he will help us seeing how he has one more year to develop.

Was at the Chaminade-Hazelwood Central yesterday and came away in awe of the Red Devils. Sneed was completely shut down and forced most of his shots. Most of his points were in the 4th against the second stringers.Chaminade had more than just Tatum as Lewis scored 25 I believe and Cook and Tatum were dominant.

Lindenwood was packed so I only noticed Bruce Webber (wearing purple) and Rod Strickland at the game. I didn't see any SLU staff there but like I said, it was packed.

Interesting that the scuttlebutt at the game is that SLU has a real shot at Tatum. Take it for what's it worth from the "I know the inside info guy" at the game.

Was at the Chaminade-Hazelwood Central yesterday and came away in awe of the Red Devils. Sneed was completely shut down and forced most of his shots. Most of his points were in the 4th against the second stringers.Chaminade had more than just Tatum as Lewis scored 25 I believe and Cook and Tatum were dominant.

Lindenwood was packed so I only noticed Bruce Webber (wearing purple) and Rod Strickland at the game. I didn't see any SLU staff there but like I said, it was packed.

Interesting that the scuttlebutt at the game is that SLU has a real shot at Tatum. Take it for what's it worth from the "I know the inside info guy" at the game.

Iowa's coach was there with his son. They arrived late and had a hard time finding a seat. They ended up sitting under one of the baskets. Weber was right at midcourt.

Who for Chaminade guarded Sneed?

To have back to back games go to running clock in the 4th quarter at this point in the season is pretty ridiculous.

Tanner Bronson, Davell Roby, and Aaron Hines were at the game for SLU. Xavier Sneed was guarded by 6'4 Reggie Crawford. Chaminade's best defender. Also Hazelwood Central ran zero offense. The coaching that Central had was pitiful. I actually felt sad for Central because they had a lot of talent that I believe was wasted by bad coaching.

Tanner Bronson, Davell Roby, and Aaron Hines were at the game for SLU. Xavier Sneed was guarded by 6'4 Reggie Crawford. Chaminade's best defender. Also Hazelwood Central ran zero offense. The coaching that Central had was pitiful. I actually felt sad for Central because they had a lot of talent that I believe was wasted by bad coaching.

I figured Reggie (really tough kid and good athlete) guarded Sneed, but did not see the game. I had similar impressions of Hazelwood Central from seeing them play earlier in the season.

I figured Reggie (really tough kid and good athlete) guarded Sneed, but did not see the game. I had similar impressions of Hazelwood Central from seeing them play earlier in the season.

Sneed spent a lot of time 40 feet from the basket without the ball.

Sneed spent a lot of time 40 feet from the basket without the ball.

I was watching a stream without the greatest quality, but he wasn't much of a factor until the second half. He seemed to try to take things into his own hands starting in the third quarter. But echoing what others have said, there just weren't many signs of much coaching going on from the Hazelwood Central side. Sneed seemed like a talented player who didn't know what to do most of the time.

It wasn't the greatest showing for Tatum, but I'd expect big things out of him in Columbia. It was a normal game for Cook. Lewis showed himself to be a skilled dribbler and shooter, but I still look at him as more of an undersized shooting guard than a true point guard; maybe college coaches can mold him.

Gladson had 15 rebounds. I know he's still slow and may never be at full strength again, but he's skilled for his frame and always in the right position.