Recruiting - 2016

Tatum's blog on current AAU season

"I definitely noticed the coaches on the sidelines during my games. I saw Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, St. Louis, Syracuse, Michigan State, Michigan, Illinois, UConn and a couple of other schools too."

At this point and given that we have only one scholly left for 2015 and 2 for 2016, we pretty much need to be at every game he plays. If we had 5 still to fill for 2015, a different argument could be made.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy that Mizzou isn't immediately jumping in with this kid.

They've only got 2 of the 3 assistants filled and have to play catch-up with trying to fill 3 schollys for 2014. I can see why they are prioritizing that over face time with 10 other major schools for a 2016 prospect. They'll get a chance to show their stuff before all is said and done.

Crazy that Mizzou isn't immediately jumping in with this kid.

Do you really think that Kim is the type of coach who can come in late to StL or KC and nobody's going to remember the Stewart mess? - Kim was an old guard hire for those who yearn for the Stormin Norman days but they may find out that the time machine does not work.

Do you really think that Kim is the type of coach who can come in late to StL or KC and nobody's going to remember the Stewart mess? - Kim was an old guard hire for those who yearn for the Stormin Norman days but they may find out that the time machine does not work.

Everything I have heard is that Anderson has a good relationship with coaches in the area. Also, Norm's big problem were with the PHL. The PHL isn't what it was 20 years ago and most if those coaches are gone.

Everything I have heard is that Anderson has a good relationship with coaches in the area. Also, Norm's big problem were with the PHL. The PHL isn't what it was 20 years ago and most if those coaches are gone.

I think that Brad Loos is the guy to watch in terms of connections with STL coaches but he's never recruited a player like Tatum. I'd say SLU has a better shot right now.

Have recently been hearing a lot of pro-SLU/pro-Midwest stuff with Tatum. We seem to really have a lot of momentum with this kid (while other schools - sans Florida - seem to be losing ground); we need to keep pushing hard over the next season and hope he verbals early.

Have recently been hearing a lot of pro-SLU/pro-Midwest stuff with Tatum. We seem to really have a lot of momentum with this kid (while other schools - sans Florida - seem to be losing ground); we need to keep pushing hard over the next season and hope he verbals early.

Good stuff. I don't know what he is leaning towards (I don't have any unique sources or anything), but from what I've heard it sounds as though he is leaning towards SLU and Kentucky most strongly

Ummm did you say Pitbull?

As Jimbo would say, Eff Kentucky! He'd also add, they're sluts who would f*&k the family Pitbull to land a 5 star recruit. Am I wrong, Jimbo?[/quote

Does Tatum have a Pitbull?

It appears that Strauss has a column coming out tomorrow calling out SLU and Mizzou for losing local talent.

So you're telling me SLU and Mizzou's reputations are about to go up? Nice.

Strauss sucks and everyone knows it. Biggest prick in the city

So you're telling me SLU and Mizzou's reputations are about to go up? Nice.

Strauss sucks and everyone knows it. Biggest prick in the city

He's a troll but it's good to be trolled by him. The fact that he talks about SLU at all speaks to the increase in recognition the program receives now.

• 2 weeks later...

@AndrewForce8: Boilingbrook '16 G Devon Sams (IL) of Illinois Celtics has very early interest from SLU and Kansas State.

Same hometown as Dwayne.

Some highlights