Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read NCST was a heavy favorite for Smith, UNC slightly ahead of Duke for Giles

I think Smith has some forces pulling him to NC State.

Here is where the crystal ball predictions on 247sports are currently for the group:

-Harry Giles - 63% Duke, 30% UNC, 7% Wake

-Jayson Tatum - 65% Duke, 19% SLU, 8% Kentucky, 8% Kansas

-Dennis Smith - 94% NC State, 6% Florida

I have found these predictions to be close to worthless until you start seeing a lot of predictions made/changed leading up to the announcement which would indicate the decision has been leaked prior to the official announcement (at that point the coaching staffs involved have typically been notified and those in the inner circle know). These guys for the most part are reading the same things we are reading (at least in the case of Tatum, I don't read every article for any other recruits). I think this board accurately identifed Jayson's final 4.

I think Smith has some forces pulling him to NC State.

Here is where the crystal ball predictions on 247sports are currently for the group:

-Harry Giles - 63% Duke, 30% UNC, 7% Wake

-Jayson Tatum - 65% Duke, 19% SLU, 8% Kentucky, 8% Kansas

-Dennis Smith - 94% NC State, 6% Florida

I have found these predictions to be close to worthless until you start seeing a lot of predictions made/changed leading up to the announcement which would indicate the decision has been leaked prior to the official announcement (at that point the coaching staffs involved have typically been notified and those in the inner circle know). These guys for the most part are reading the same things we are reading (at least in the case of Tatum, I don't read every article for any other recruits). I think this board accurately identifed Jayson's final 4.

3 of last 5 to make a prediction have gone for the Billikens. 2 are KU based though and probably share a brain.

Duke fan here, just wanna clear up one misconception. We're not getting Dennis Smith. K has cooled on him immensely. Technically, he's still recruiting him, but it really doesn't mean anything. Frank Jackson is the top target at PG.

As for Tatum, I think we land him, but if we don't, I'd much rather you guys get him over Kentucky and UNC. Honestly really wouldn't bother me too much if he chose you guys. There's something to be said about a guy that wants to leave a legacy in his hometown.

Duke fan here, just wanna clear up one misconception. We're not getting Dennis Smith. K has cooled on him immensely. Technically, he's still recruiting him, but it really doesn't mean anything. Frank Jackson is the top target at PG.

As for Tatum, I think we land him, but if we don't, I'd much rather you guys get him over Kentucky and UNC. Honestly really wouldn't bother me too much if he chose you guys. There's something to be said about a guy that wants to leave a legacy in his hometown.

Welcome to the board, appreciate your post