Recruiting - 2016

seriously, am I the only person mildly impressed that a thread exists with close to a quarter million views? That alone should recruit most kids...

you love it that I "have posted multiple times in the same thread"?? you are a very loving individual. because evidently half the people in Missouri have posted on this thread multiple times.

Especially when they have posted multiple times in the same thread and are obviously watching every little thing posted, too.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, no. check your grammar. it would only be redundant if I am the MBM. readers on here are more discerning. instead, "official MBM" (an adjectival phrase) modifies the noun phrase "person to bash"--

(do you really want to go at it grammar-wise?? begin by pointing out that my laziness disallows the effort to use upper case to begin sentences. by the way: from where does the term "upper case" come?)

PS MBM person is redundant. Not as bad as UMB Bank or ATM machine, but still technically redundant. ;)

DoctorB that question about the origin of the Upper Case in typography is interesting. Moving type was invented at the time of Guttenberg in the 1500s, probably the origin of the term is lost somewhere at the time when books started printing and most likely has definite Medioeval / Renaissance connotations and influences

good guess. it is a printing term. there were literally 2 cases filled with individual letters -- and the one above the "lower case" was the "upper case" -- it was also the one with the capital letters.

DoctorB that question about the origin of the Upper Case in typography is interesting. Moving type was invented at the time of Guttenberg in the 1500s, probably the origin of the term is lost somewhere at the time when books started printing and most likely has definite Medioeval / Renaissance connotations and influences

good guess. it is a printing term. there were literally 2 cases filled with individual letters -- and the one above the "lower case" was the "upper case" -- it was also the one with the capital letters.

OK, so it is a term based upon functional use of the type letters, interesting.

Not much has changed with the crystal ball predictions on 247sports for Tatum and Giles, so still no major smoke:

-Harry Giles - 63% Duke, 30% UNC, 7% Wake

-Jayson Tatum - 67% Duke, 19% SLU, 7% Kentucky, 7% Kansas (Duke picked up an additional pick yesterday)

Saw from a Kentucky guy that last night Kentucky had an assistant coach watch Tatum for part of his late game and that was the first time they have seen him during Peach Jam. Wonder if they know or just have a feeling that they don't have a great chance and are using resources elsewhere.

They are still watching Giles closely it looked like.

Some additional height to go in the backcourt with FBJT:

Everett Winchester (2016/Threat 220/Gilman School, Md.)
As the wave of so-called “positionless basketball” begins to trickle down from the NBA to college programs, Everett Winchester might preparing to enter the college ranks at just the perfect time.

At 6-foot-6, Winchester plays like a natural point guard. His elite size for the position, however, allows him to guard all three perimeter positions, as well as scrap for tough buckets inside; he’s also a capable enough shooter to be able to slide off the ball offensively.

Winchester’s size is particularly helpful when he has the ball in his hands, as it allows him to see over smaller defenders and orchestrate his team’s offense.

“A 6-6 point guard, a lot of coaches love that, so that’s something I’m embracing right now,” he said. “I think I have an advantage over a lot of other guards because if there’s a trap that’s coming, I can see over the trap. Not to boost myself, but I believe I have great vision, so my height helps me out tremendously on the court.”

At this point, his only offer is from his hometown school, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), but his game is still a bit raw at this point. His yet-to-be-tapped potential has schools at higher levels starting to sniff around, and he certainly has the looks of a late blooming mid-major-plus prospect.

“Right now they just want to see if I can play consistently, and that’s what I’m trying to do, I’ve been to camps and things like that, so now they just want to come out and see if I can play like this all the time,” he said. “I’m just trying to dominate every game and show the coaches that I can dominate.”

Winchester mentioned TCU, LSU, Saint Louis, and Temple as some of the schools that had been in contact with him recently, and he feels of those schools, TCU and Saint Louis are probably closest to offering.

While he’s certainly grateful for the opportunity he has to play at UMBC, he’s hoping to garner some additional offers in the coming weeks, as staying that close to home is not something that’s particularly appealing to the Baltimore native.

“I definitely want to go further from home, kind of get away. [uMBC] would be a last option, if I had to stay home,” he said. “It’s close, but it’s a great option for me, so if I had to then I would definitely go there, without a doubt.”

In class all day but I'm still on FBJT Watch Thread

This is like CNN Breaking News..........Breaking News The Decision is Not Yet Made

Remember that no matter what we do here in BillikenNATION is we DON'T STOP THE PARTY!

Guys Guys Guys just consulted the stars (not Stamos) and FBJT will not commit today but I should remain positive about the future.

http://www.ganeshaspeaks.com/scorpio/scorpio-daily-horoscope.action

Scorpio

"Yet another mundane day in your life, as nothing exciting is on the cards. However, be cheerful and keep trying hard to bring in some spice in life. You never know when the planets change their mood and make an exciting future. Keep the hope alive, says Ganesha."

I was just thinking about this yesterday and thought how detrimental a bad knee injury would be to his immediate future.

I certainly hope it's nothing bad.

As was I. Me being an Iowa fan as well, Peter Jok is a good example of this. Highly recruited early on in high school then suffered a few knee injuries. Hope it isn't anything major with Tatum.