Recruiting - 2016

I would think he's still waiting until it's over and he's back in STL. Earlier this week we were hearing Frank's tweet was false and that it'd be "within two weeks" or so, right? That led me to believe he's going to let the ESPN camera opportunity go and get home and set up a press conference. Just a guess.

Yea I agree with this. If he was going to announce at Peach Jam, why not just tell Charlie Marlow and Rene Knott that? What's the point of trying to hide when you are making the announcement.

I could see him informing all the coaches this weekend (which is maybe why Frank thought he would be announcing his decision this weekend) and then setting up a time to make the announcement when he gets home which is why he just specified "within two weeks".

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think he's still waiting until it's over and he's back in STL. Earlier this week we were hearing Frank's tweet was false and that it'd be "within two weeks" or so, right? That led me to believe he's going to let the ESPN camera opportunity go and get home and set up a press conference. Just a guess.

If he announces in St. Louis at a press conference, I would still expect ESPNU to cover it live.

If he announces in St. Louis at a press conference, I would still expect ESPNU to cover it live.

Absolutely, I would imagine the announcement is being coordinated with ESPN as we post (unless Jayson for some reason really does not want it to be).

Absolutely, I would imagine the announcement is being coordinated with ESPN as we post (unless Jayson for some reason really does not want it to be).

Was Beal's announcement aired on TV? He and David Lee both held it on campus, although way back in 2001 (we're getting old, man), it wasn't really a thing yet to have these decisions televised.

Two things that every kid does that I hope Tatum doesn't do:

1. The hat thing

2. Use the line "I'm taking my talents to..."

He's RT stuff post game

Just a couple of game summaries. Based on his fairly limited retweets recently, reading anything into this one is just another symptom of how bipolar the board has become as we enter the home stretch. (Well, never mind. We've been bipolar on this topic for at least a year now. :):(:):(:):( )

Just a couple of game summaries. Based on his fairly limited retweets recently, reading anything into this one is just another symptom of how bipolar the board has become as we enter the home stretch. (Well, never mind. We've been bipolar on this topic for at least a year now. :):(:):(:):( )

Agreed.

-why couldn't you have ended with a happy face??

Guilty

Maybe it is a defense mechanism and maybe it's because I've adopted the "It's hard work being a Billiken fan" motto, but I don't have a good feeling about how this is going to turn out. With reportedly a decision coming soon and rumblings that he has made up his mind, if he was going to SLU, you would figure that something would be leaking out locally - by a family friend, insider. If he picks SLU, it is remarkable how well the decision has been closely guarded.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/boys-basketball/tatum-enjoys-golden-experience-in-greece/article_411a9552-24d4-11e5-aef9-6b6841d83449.html

He's narrowed his list of potential college destinations to four — Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina or hometown Saint Louis University. Tatum did not say which way he was leaning but left open the possibility of making a verbal commitment during the Peach Jam.

“I don't know yet,” he said. “I'm keeping it all close (to the vest) 'til I announce it.”

With reportedly a decision coming soon and rumblings that he has made up his mind, if he was going to SLU, you would figure that something would be leaking out locally - by a family friend, insider. If he picks SLU, it is remarkable how well the decision has been closely guarded.

I think its remarkable how closely guarded this has been whether he is going to SLU or not. That's why I think everyone who says they know is full of it.

He's going to be a Billiken.

Maybe it is a defense mechanism and maybe it's because I've adopted the "It's hard work being a Billiken fan" motto, but I don't have a good feeling about how this is going to turn out. With reportedly a decision coming soon and rumblings that he has made up his mind, if he was going to SLU, you would figure that something would be leaking out locally - by a family friend, insider. If he picks SLU, it is remarkable how well the decision has been closely guarded.

-the entire situation has been very closely guarded, nothing substantive from any side, I guess that's the way FBJT wants it and is doing a great job at it, whoever KNOWS is doing a great job not letting that cat out of the bag

-I hope nothing is known until he steps to a microphone to tell all he will be a Billiken