Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, no. check your grammar. it would only be redundant if I am the MBM. readers on here are more discerning. instead, "official MBM" (an adjectival phrase) modifies the noun phrase "person to bash"--

(do you really want to go at it grammar-wise?? begin by pointing out that my laziness disallows the effort to use upper case to begin sentences. by the way: from where does the term "upper case" come?)

well, sure, E.E. (case in point.) one doesn't need a ph.d. to know a bit about grammar. (ask avis, who didn't get his ph.d. until well after he'd become the recognized grammar stud at the u.) anyway, i'd say copy-editing a daily newspaper for ten years or so when such a skill still existed provides me with a reasonably fine point for such a joust.

that said, it ain't grammar, it be usage. it's redundant because you're not a moron person, you're either a moron, or a person, or a moronic person, so you're either an mbm, or a person, or an mbmic person.

an i believe the term "upper case" was first immortalized in the zz top song "hot lead."

Not exactly breaking news but I've been told Jayson will not be announcing this weekend. Doesn't want to take the focus off what he and his teammates are trying to accomplish. ESPN wanted him to announce but he's not ready yet.

I do think it'll be before the "2 weeks" mark.

As far as where he's going. I'd still guess Duke but Meyer's tweet about growing SLU chatter is legit. Other than a couple people, nobody really knows but you have to wonder if info is leaking especially since Beal was at Peach Jam and he knows. Like I said I'm still guessing Duke but that's truly just a guess

Krysten @KP_Rivals 12m12 minutes ago

Top 2016 prospects Harry Giles & Jayson Tatum talk potential package deal but it won't be on purpose. @JeffEisenberg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/top-recruits-harry-giles--jayson-tatum-ponder-potential-package-deal-121942885.html

Jeff Eisenberg 5 hours ago The Dagger

The increasing possibility that Giles and Tatum could opt to play together in college could make Duke, Kentucky or North Carolina next year’s big winners in recruiting. The Blue Devils are regarded as the favorite to land Tatum, while the Wildcats and Tar Heels are the only other programs both players are still considering.

Whereas Jones and Okafor conducted weekly conference calls with one another’s family, went on visits together and ultimately committed during simultaneous press conferences, a potential Tatum-Giles package deal is not nearly as well organized. Tatum says he intends to commit “very soon” — definitely by the end of the summer. Giles still has a list of eight programs he is considering and intends to take his time.

I’d love to play together, but we have to do what’s right for both of us,” Giles said. “[The Okafor-Jones package deal] was a little different because they committed at the same time. If we go to the same school we’re not going to commit at the same time.”

While Giles and Tatum could both envision themselves wearing the same uniform in college, both caution not to count out the other schools besides Duke, Kentucky and North Carolina on their respective lists.

Giles is also considering Kansas, Ohio State, Syracuse, Wake Forest and UNLV. Tatum insists he has genuine interest in hometown school Saint Louis even though the Billikens lack the historical pedigree of the other programs pursuing him.

“It’s definitely real,” Tatum said. “A lot of people don’t expect them to be on my list, but I love my hometown, I love the school, I love the players, the program, the people that work there, the atmosphere. I’ve visited the school numerous times and it’s still a strong possibility for me.

The Eagles win again. Ragged game in the 2nd half with a ton of fouls called. JT had some good moments and a few tough moments from what I saw, but he was clearly a notch above the other guys on the court. Tyler Cook would have looked nice in a Billikens' uni as well. He's exactly what we need at the 4.

So what have we learned......

1. "Chatter JT and SLU increasing"

2. Kentucky essentially not recruiting him anymore

3. JT deciding soon

4. Harry Giles not deciding for a while.

5. Beal was at the Peach Jam and Beal has said that JT told him where he was going.

6. Kansas related experts are picking SLU recently.....

7. Most Experts still picking Duke.....

8. Harry Giles is considering more schools than just Duke, UNC and Kentucky, including Kansas....

Granted I am biased but it seems 1+5 and 1,6,8 may be related and favorable...So if chatter is coming from Beal, or Giles I like where the dots that connect point to. Then again, perhaps it is all just wishful thinking, and I should put my tin foil hat back

I need to stop following this, but I just can't. Corey Evans (usually pretty accurate on his predictions) has switched his pick to Duke.

3 new predictions in last 24 hours, all for Duke. In addition to Evans, an EYBL recruiting analyst is on board the Duke train. I'm gonna start drinking now.

I would throw out the Crystal Ball predictions on this matter. The situation with SLU recruiting of Tatum is unique and thus can't be measured by normal means. Furthermore, brand recognition favors the big name school so those with passing knowledge are more likely to choose Duke.