Recruiting - 2013

Leininkugel's Summer Shandy. Have to keep my wits about me.

went with the Vodka since he did. For me lately it's Tennessee Honey on the rocks. I just bought the Crown Royal maple and have had one drink on the rocks just to try. It smells unbelievable like you're about to get drunk from eating pancakes. A little more bite than the Tennessee Honey. I'll know more after the weekend. :)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to this guy, aug 8, 2012

Oak Hill 13 SG Curington talks WKU, SLU trips

Posted by Josh Paunil

Photo courtesy of R.J. Curington.

Class of 2013 Oak Hill shooting guard R.J. Curington still doesnt have a list of schools that hes interested in yet, but he did recently take a couple of visits to get a better feel for the schools who are recruiting him the hardest.

The St. Louis visit was awesome, Curington told National Recruiting Spotlight of his trip to St. Louis two days ago. They have a nice campus, great facilities, good academics and cool coaches. My favorite part was meeting the players and seeing how they develop. Theyre up there but Im not really sure how high. I like them more [after visiting] but Im weighing my options still. Im wide open right now.

The Indiana native also visited Western Kentucky Saturday, just two days prior to his St. Louis trip Monday. The visit was good, Western Kentucky is a good school, the 65, 195-pound guard said. My favorite part was the development facility and the coaches were really into their players. I liked the tradition and fan base too.

Although he has no other dates currently set for more visits, Curington did indicate that hes interested in visiting Appalachian State, DePaul, UNC-Wilmington, Nebraska, UAB, Illinois, Virginia Tech and Cornell.

While taking these visits, he looks to become more educated about each school, their coaching staff and the surrounding environment. I look for how the coaches feel about me, the area its in and just to learn more about the school, Curington said. They can talk about it but when I see the campus in person its different.

What happened to this guy, aug 8, 2012

Oak Hill 13 SG Curington talks WKU, SLU trips

Posted by Josh Paunil

Photo courtesy of R.J. Curington.

Class of 2013 Oak Hill shooting guard R.J. Curington still doesnt have a list of schools that hes interested in yet, but he did recently take a couple of visits to get a better feel for the schools who are recruiting him the hardest.

The St. Louis visit was awesome, Curington told National Recruiting Spotlight of his trip to St. Louis two days ago. They have a nice campus, great facilities, good academics and cool coaches. My favorite part was meeting the players and seeing how they develop. Theyre up there but Im not really sure how high. I like them more [after visiting] but Im weighing my options still. Im wide open right now.

The Indiana native also visited Western Kentucky Saturday, just two days prior to his St. Louis trip Monday. The visit was good, Western Kentucky is a good school, the 65, 195-pound guard said. My favorite part was the development facility and the coaches were really into their players. I liked the tradition and fan base too.

Although he has no other dates currently set for more visits, Curington did indicate that hes interested in visiting Appalachian State, DePaul, UNC-Wilmington, Nebraska, UAB, Illinois, Virginia Tech and Cornell.

While taking these visits, he looks to become more educated about each school, their coaching staff and the surrounding environment. I look for how the coaches feel about me, the area its in and just to learn more about the school, Curington said. They can talk about it but when I see the campus in person its different.

His Twitter account says he's a Depaul Signee. Everything else does too.

Leininkugel's Summer Shandy. Have to keep my wits about me.

I don't know if you're spelling's right, old codger, but that stuff will have you running to the bathroom at least 5 times a night even if your prostrate's in good shape. Besides they're in Wisconsin, and all true Billiken fans know that anything's that located in the same state as those foucker's from Marquette are non grata.

went with the Vodka since he did. For me lately it's Tennessee Honey on the rocks. I just bought the Crown Royal maple and have had one drink on the rocks just to try. It smells unbelievable like you're about to get drunk from eating pancakes. A little more bite than the Tennessee Honey. I'll know more after the weekend. :)

Find some fireball from SC. Tastes exactly like a cinnamon ball you broke your teeth on as a kid. You won't break your teeth now, but you will get a nice buzz.

You drink Russian vodka on the rocks; maybe one olive, that's it.

No foo-foo cranberry or strawberry or any of that fruit flavoring, that is for girls. Did the goddam Russians drink it with apple flavoring when the krauts attacked in WW2? No. They drank it like men and sent the German army back to where it came from.

And Russian vodka ONLY. Stoli is good. And, for the love of God, absolutely NO French vodka. Ever.

There is nothing wrong with flavoring your rotgut liquor with whatever you like. I love froo froo drinks and I'm about as manly a dude as ever walked down the pike. And as for French vodka, if it's 80 proof and it's free I'm there. If I want to be especially manly I'll drink my vodka with apple juice so it looks like I'm drinking whiskey.

No foo-foo cranberry or strawberry or any of that fruit flavoring, that is for girls. Did the goddam Russians drink it with apple flavoring when the krauts attacked in WW2? No. They drank it like men and sent the German army back to where it came from.

And Russian vodka ONLY. Stoli is good. And, for the love of God, absolutely NO French vodka. Ever.

Backhand says "MB's obviously never had an appletini."

Look at this godamn commie lover. Those red loving editors at the Post obviously have poisoned his mind.

Three Olive's is the brand. I like it straight but like some of the infused flavors.

What about adding kahlua to the vodka,MB? Then the name itself is Russian.

I agree about Three olives., but really... It's car bombs. :)

What about adding kahlua to the vodka,MB? Then the name itself is Russian.

I agree about Three olives., but really... It's car bombs. :)

Why screw up the taste with girlie girlie stuff, (no offense Kitty). VO on the rocks soothes all that ails the soul.

Why screw up the taste with girlie girlie stuff, (no offense Kitty). VO on the rocks soothes all that ails the soul.

Haha.. I take no offense. I've been here a while, haven't I? :)

This thread has run its course - if we have to have pages and pages of talk about what to drink and what band is playing where then I say it is no longer a recruiting thread. I only keep looking at it because I keep thinking there might actually be some news but apparently the idea of getting it to a certain number of pages or posts has now taken over its original intent - discussing who we are recruiting. Lets start a new thread for recruiting and let those want to play around do their thing on this old thread.

^Joykill

I drink beer or bourbon. I'm a real American. None of that foo-foo Commie swill for me.

Onwuasor is visiting TTU on the 28th, Yacoubou is visiting Pitt as we speak. We'll know more very soon. Patience.

As we say in Poland, all roads may lead to Warsaw, but there's no guarantee there will be a party when you get there.

Żubrówka, frozen. Usually for breakfast. There's a reason Poland has one of the strongest economies in Europe. (As for virility, how many of you procreated five children in less than three years? B) .)

^Joykill

I drink beer or bourbon. I'm a real American. None of that foo-foo Commie swill for me.

Onwuasor is visiting TTU on the 28th, Yacoubou is visiting Pitt as we speak. We'll know more very soon. Patience.

"Patience"!?!?! Really? You've been on this board how long and you expect us to have patience?? Thought you were smarter than that! ;)