Recruiting - 2013

Yep, it is about time that you and I meet. Need to be careful, though, the goddam IRS is on my tail. Drones all around, too.

Not sure why you were complaining about all the 'flirting' going on in this thread, seeing as you and Roy are trying to setup a date here. ;)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, back when TLC used to be about learning they ran a show about brain surgery. It really didn't look that hard. I couldn't diagnose the problem or come up with the plan of action but the actual surgery I could probably do. One incision, retract the scalp out of the way, drill one 3mm hole through the skull using a freaking dewalt drill with a collar to control depth, get a rotozip tool with a foot attached and put the foot under the skull and gently cut out a 5cm chunk of bone, find a vein in the retracted scalp that can be attached to the chunk of brain that's not getting enough blood, suture that into place, enlarge the original drilled hole to accomodate the vein from the scalp, screw the bone chunk back in with titanium errector set pieces and that same Dewalt drill/driver and stitch up the scalp. Easy Peasy.......

+1

i just cant decide if i want to hang out at a corner old man's bar with MB or not. on one hand i think he would be one crabby old fouck on the other hand, i think just to listen to him rant would be pretty good entertainment. i guess if he is buying shots i'd hang. who's with me?

I'd hang with MB. I bet it would be enjoyable.

Yep, it is about time that you and I meet. Need to be careful, though, the goddam IRS is on my tail. Drones all around, too.

mb, that line is golden. good stuff.

Don't forget about the black helicopters...and psyops.

My understanding of the APR (which I'll admit is far from being complete) is that a portion of "credit" is lost if a player transfers out, while another portion of credit is lost if a player is not making progress. I'm not sure there's any automatic forgiveness for a player who transfers while in good standing.

Don't forget about the black helicopters...and psyops.

Black helicopters are obsolete, "they" have drones the size of cigar boxes now, follow you all over the goddam place with cameras.

Maybe a night out for the SA / Miami NBA Finals, though I am not too thrilled about the NBA. Maybe broy knows something about the NBA, he sure does not know sh*t about college hoops (wrote before last yr he couldn't see Evans as a post-up inside player... look it up, bizzleboy).

We can't have it at Hooters, that would offend 'lil Pistol; some sports bar downtown or Clayton, all men will root against the goddam Heat, for obvious reasons.

By then, maybe we will have a quality PG commitment. If not, I am actually very pleased with the 3 we got... 2 high potential BIGS.

Mb you got me mixed up w someone else on Evans. I am one of the guys that always said Evans was a power forward not a small forward.

I haven't watched a minute of NBA this year and not starting now. Rather watch pawn stars counting cars or American restoration.

Baseball game would be fine

Humphries is fine, clearly the most appropriate, the original, official one-and-only place for Billiken hoops.

And I agree that a Cardinal game would be better than watching the NBA HGH-mutants.

broy, we were discussing who would pick up the Conklin post up "O" and I said I hoped RL would evolve-grow-emerge down low (which he did not except for 2 or 3 games) but if not, Evans likely would be able to do it and you stated that you could not see Evans posting up. Bizzleboy will confirm. I am not too worried about it (Kruger).

I will PM you, broy, in the near future, pick a night or weekend afternoon that we can both make it, and then let the civilians know. Should be hilarious; almost looked you up on LinkedIn but then you would know who TF I am if you don't already.

Right, we're an enigma w/in an enigma. I think we're going to be surprised by these last two scholies. Names out of nowhere. A foreigner possibly? An unknown JUCO? A hidden gem from the playgrounds of Chicago or New York? Only the shadow knows, and I'm not the shadow.

Based on posts from The Wiz and DoctorB I think the same thing you are thinking. I believe we are going to be pleasantly surprised. The week coach Crews said he was expecting to sign two players he stated that if a player told him he would sign he believed his would keep their word. If the player who did not sign was RO, Crews may have moved on shortly after RO decided not to sign. DoctorB seems to have information most of us don't have and hints at things and the Wiz hardly ever comments on prospective recruits, but he did this last time.

Well, sh!t.

Matthew Steinbrink @MattSteinbrink 5h

Achraf Yacoubou now plans on visiting Pitt this Sunday

Can't say this is much of a surprise after the Kane 180 and Vandy's block of Jeter going to Pitt. Yacoubou is the last man standing from the three Pitt was focusing on, so they're going to give him a full push.

Well, sh!t.

Matthew Steinbrink ‏@MattSteinbrink 5h

Achraf Yacoubou now plans on visiting Pitt this Sunday

Can't say this is much of a surprise after the Kane 180 and Vandy's block of Jeter going to Pitt. Yacoubou is the last man standing from the three Pitt was focusing on, so they're going to give him a full push.

I don't see this ending well for us.

If not, on to the next guy.

I don't see this ending well for us.

If not, on to the next guy.

The question is, who's the next guy? We look like a distant third for Jesperson and Onwuasor is seeing bigger programs get involved.

I'd hang with MB. I bet it would be enjoyable.

I have given the old guy some in the past (some of it probably undeserved), but I have no doubt that MB would be one of the funner people to hang out with from the board.

Returning (briefly) after a few years absence...want to help this thread get to 200!

- From about 100 pages ago, if a coach is not trying to recruit over his current players, the coach is not winning (or won't be in a few years). I have never heard of a coach willingly passing on the most talented recruit because of an existing player.

- Lawyers are not technically doctors. The degree is a JD but JDs cannot put "Dr" in front of their name. Yes, there has been a court case on this about four decades ago.

- I transferred (over 20 years ago now), and no coach would even talk to me over the phone until I had my current coach fax them my release. I suppose third parties could have asked a hypothetical question of interest, but I didn't play that game. This seems the easy way around the tampering rule.