Recruiting - 2013

Well, Randy O is clearly the top target. I wonder if they see Strawberry as the back-up plan or if they'd take both.

I meant to respond to this earlier but forgot to.

Most likely, it would appear that Strawberry is the backup plan to Randy O. And, now with news that SLU has offered Lancona, it seems like their target is definitely one big and one PG to wrap up the spring. However, it wouldn't be unprecedented to go with 2 PGs in the same signing class. Remember, Jett and McCall were signed in the same class. So, if Lancona is off the market, yet they are still able to sign Randy O, Crews may just go ahead and take Strawberry as well if he feels he is the best available player left. No harm getting two guards, especially if you feel you can eventually have them play on the floor at the same time.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lancona would be a big get. Good frame, athleticism and skill set. He would also compliment Agbeko very well moving forward.

Randy also has really good size for a guard. It looks like he is a player that keeps getting better as well.

Signing these two would make for a very good class. Four guys who all have different pedigrees and skill sets. That said, count me out on Jolly and Strawberry. Both are marginal talents at best. I'll take Randy, Lancona or the Nova transfer for sure.

Lancona would be a big get. Good frame, athleticism and skill set. He would also compliment Agbeko very well moving forward.

Randy also has really good size for a guard. It looks like he is a player that keeps getting better as well.

Signing these two would make for a very good class. Four guys who all have different pedigrees and skill sets. That said, count me out on Jolly and Strawberry. Both are marginal talents at best. I'll take Randy, Lancona or the Nova transfer for sure.

+1 on all accounts

UCLA just had a 4 star guard de-committ. There may be more very good ballplayers available during this Spring signing period. If RO can't make up his mind then go after someone who wants to play for SLU as long as his talent level is high enough to help the team improve.

Yeah seems like they are soaking up the sun out on the left coast so might as well knock on this UCLA decommit's door too.

How are they getting this done when they didn't go out and hire a "hot shot" recruiting assistant? It's almost as if they are completely competent at their jobs.

In a story just released by Red Hawk Insider (Mia-OH site) they are pushing hard for Randy O. With his visit coming this weekend, they see their competition as The Bills, Set Hall, Utah and Pitt at this time.

Not sure about the coach/team at Miami, but the college experience between SLU and Miami couldn't be more different

Miami OH would be one of the most fun places you could go for sure.

It's probably different for athletes at both places though. But yeah the girls at Miami are smoking and the parties are pretty nuts.

Miami OH would be one of the most fun places you could go for sure.

It's probably different for athletes at both places though. But yeah the girls at Miami are smoking and the parties are pretty nuts.

This weekend is the last proper weekend of the semester in Oxford (Finals start May 6th).

The situaish is kinda concerning.

My son graduated from Miami of Ohio. Oxford is way off the beaten path and a great little town. Dominated of course by MofO. The campus is beautiful, and the coeds rival just about anyplace. It's one of the best state colleges in the country. Great facilities as well. The student body comes from all over the country and the world. In fact, a lot of east coast kids use it as a backup to places like Amherst, Williams, etc. He'll definitely have a good time when they're showing him around.

And now begins the part of the thread where people just mention kids who are transferring...similarly to how we mentioned coaches who just got fired a month ago.

Everyone is a target for the Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo Bills!

And now begins the part of the thread where people just mention kids who are transferring...similarly to how we mentioned coaches who just got fired a month ago.Everyone is a target for the Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo Bills!

And why not? Of course it should go no further than a call:

AC or JC: Hi, insert name, I'm the HC/AC at SLU. We're interested in talking to you about maybe furthering your education and BB career at SLU.

Recruit: Who?

AC of JC: Nice talking to you, insert name. Good luck. (Click).

Mia-OH has said they will make Randy O the centerpiece of their program. Unlike Clemson, which has a pretty good program (B....Similar to UMass), Mia -OH is a bad program. (D- ...similar to Fordham)