Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what's that about? do you clean tables at pappy's or something? go down to soulard and see for yourself what biz and i are saying.

I would have to agree that Bogart's does have the edge in this one. Though, Pappy's is still 1B for sure. Neither is even close to being "good." They're both terrific.

sounds incestuous. what are we feeding these recruits on their visits? can we take them wherever or do they have to eat sh!t on campus?

I believe there is a limit on the amount of money a day you can spend entertaining a recruit (is it $30? Not sure.). Considering that Pappy's is fairly cheap and has become known nationally, it seems like a no-brainer to take them there. I don't believe it has to be on campus. For that matter, I don't think Pappy's is 'officially' on campus.

He's got some Ellis in his game but he's more of a traditional big from what I can tell. Ellis played like more of a 3.

I think it would be interesting to see what a Cody Ellis highlight tape from his AIS days would have looked like. I bet there would have been a number of dunks to accompany the three-point bombs, especially depending on how it was edited. The only stats of Cody's I could find from his AIS days was that he averaged 14 PPG and 8 RPG and shot 42% from three. However, I can't find a total stat line that shows the percentage of his shots that were 3-pt FGs and 2-pt FGs. However, I would guess that he didn't shoot nearly the number of threes in comparison to his total shots at AIS as he did with SLU.

As for Lancona, Scout.com states that he is projected as a stretch 4, which seems to be exactly what Cody was. I feel like he would just step right into that role left behind by Ellis.

He's got some Ellis in his game but he's more of a traditional big from what I can tell. Ellis played like more of a 3.

I actually had the opposite reaction - he can put the ball on the floor better than Cody did and seems much quicker/bouncier too. Not quite as big of a frame either, although Cody added bulk over his time here and I would expect this Lancona fellow to do the same. He does have good looking form from deep, and is about the same height as Cody, but seems to bring another element with his proclivity to attack the basket, rather than always settle for jumpers (at least in the highlight reels).

Actually thinking about spending a couple days in the rec and putting together a highlight reel of my play. Send it in to some coaches and see if I can get a scholarship. Someone here has to be good at trick photography to show me dunking on a lowered hoop or jumping off a trampoline right?

Actually....I do.

I was just playing though. Bogarts and Pappy's are cousin stores so I love both.

i think i read in the st louis business journal that all the parties concerned that "started" pappy's and then one left to start bogarts, and one is out completely, are all officially "divorced" of all business relationships now.

i think i read in the st louis business journal that all the parties concerned that "started" pappy's and then one left to start bogarts, and one is out completely, are all officially "divorced" of all business relationships now.

Well they don't have an official business relationship since they operate as 2 seperate restaurants but the head chef from Pappy's started Bogart's. He's not an owner of Pappy's though. I do believe that they share employees so maybe that is stopping now