• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any info?

2013 6'9 - 6'10 C

8.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg Senior Year

"BRETT is a trim built paint player who works hard and shows a nice touch on the jumper. He can pick and pop and hit the 3 point shot, has a nice touch from the short corner and is a nice finisher around the rim. He is getting more aggressive and as his body develops and add weight/strength, he will be more productive as a defender and low post player. He runs the floor well, works hard on defense and can challenge shots."

Was at the Cardinals game yesterday with the team. Not sure how I feel about him especially if we are hoping for Djambo plus a guard. To me, his skill set looks to be borderline D1 and is supposedly more 6'-8 then 6-'10.

2013 6'9 - 6'10 C

Not sure how I feel about him especially if we are hoping for Djambo plus a guard. To me, his skill set looks to be borderline D1 and is supposedly more 6'-8 then 6-'10.

I agree completely. This guy looks like he would fit in better at SIUE or even UMSL... Looks like a Bryce Husak throwback.

Not much to get excited about with this kid (Jolly), but I really like what I think I'm seeing out of Crews' recruiting philosophy this spring. It looks like he has a lot of irons in the fire, and is making sure not to just swing for the fences on a couple of attractive prospects. Basically, he is setting up contingency plans in case his first choices decide to go elsewhere, so as we aren't stuck 'saving' scholarships. It is also good to see that there are a lot of visits occurring and that we are getting info everyday about recruits.

Not to put a knock on him, but if he goes up w/ the 10' jumper in D1 ball like he does in the vid, his face is gonna look like a golf ball. And he appears very awkward. A redshirt year possibility? What's the story on the kid from St. Louis Christian? Plus why has STLC never been mentioned on here before this year? It's been around for 60 years and I've never heard of it before. What gives?

1. #SLU offered 2013 PG Randy Onwuasor after his official visit this weekend. Cal State Fulllerton also offered today.

I watched a bunch of videos on this kid. He seems to be a very athletic guard with good size...and he can dunk. Since we have offered, I assume he can accept at any time. Does he have more visits coming up are is it pretty much decision time?

Updated:

Offers:

-Hakim Saintil, PG: 5-11, 170, Roselle Catholic HS, Roselle, NJ. Offers: SLU and Fairfield. Possible offers: Rhode Island, South Carolina, Cincinnati, and SMU.

-Jordan Strawberry, PG: 6-1, 170, Mater Dei HS, Santa Ana, CA. Offers: SLU, UC-Riverside, and at least 2 others.

-Daishon Knight, PG-SG: 6-1, 170, Odessa CC, Odessa, TX. Offers: SLU. Possible offers: Illinois State, Creighton, Colorado State.

-Randy Onwuasor, PG-SG: 6-3, 190, Inglewood HS. Offers: SLU, UC-Irvine, Cal-Fullerton, at least 2 others. Interest from Florida State, Seton Hall, Arkansas, UNLV, and Tulane.

-Ibrahim Djambo, C: 6-10, 240, Three Rivers CC, Poplar Bluff, MO. Offers: SLU, Austin Peay, Clemson, Detroit, Illinois State, Kansas State, Loyola-Chicago, Morehead State, SEMO, SIUC, Southern Miss, and Washington State.

Others:

-Achraf Yacoubou, SG: 6-4, 210, Villanova. Interest from SLU and Pitt

-Brett Jolly, PF-C: 6-10, Carroll HS, Southlake, TX. Offers: Weber State. Interest from SLU, Belmont, Bucknell, Lehigh, Furman, North Texas, Penn, Tulsa, Sam Houston State, Wichita State.

Again: whatever happened to Lucas Stivrins? he visited SLU (I believe; could be wrong about that) . . . . and just visited Nevada this past weekend.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20130411/SPORTS06/304110014/Nevada-basketball-6-foot-11-recruit-set-weekend-visit

"Stivrins, who did not immediately return a call to his cellphone, previously took a recruiting trip to Tulsa. He’s also received varied levels of interest from Mercer, Saint Louis, Colorado and Pepperdine. . . . "