Mitchell and Reed suspended

ACE

Shove your bub up your ass.

Are you saying you know it was sexual assault?

I'm just saying that it was different then a drunken fling in college.

It sucks we lost them and it might have been handled poorly but sweeping it under the rug could have easily caused more problems when that came out.

You can keep defending the players but I doubt they will go with you on your next canoe trip if your are taking their side or not.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying that it was different then a drunken fling in college.

It sucks we lost them and it might have been handled poorly but sweeping it under the rug could have easily caused more problems when that came out.

You can keep defending the players but I doubt they will go with you on your next canoe trip if your are taking their side or not.

I haven't defended the players. If they committed sexual assault they should be booted forever. If she consented even if it was 23 on 1 they shouldn't get punished any worse than any student who drinks and has sex in the dorm is. We now have educators and students at SLU deciding that some sex gets a slap on the hand and other sex gets a 3 weeks of duty picking up trash around the dorms, and the really bad sex gets suspensions. The only question is ... was it consentual (whatever kind of sex it was) or not. If yes, slap their hands. If no kick them out forever.

Is there a chart that determines what punishment for what level of bad sex they have?

I feel infinitely less devoted to my alma mater than I did an hour ago. All we are left with in the void of a statement from SLU is that these two kids are being punished for a crime that never took place. I wish I could get a refund on my season tickets.

That pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

That pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

Some questions about the process:

Did both sides have licensed attorney's present? How many attorneys did each side have present? Were the attorneys allowed to present evidence and speak in the process? Did the rules permit the participation of attorneys? Did the accuser face the accused at the hearing? Were both sides parents allowed to attend and participate? How much notice were the sides given of the process rules and attendees? Did the hearing exceed the typical time allotment? How did the disinterested witnesses testify?

I think if everyone knew the answers to these questions they would be even more shocked today.