Mitchell and Reed suspended

ACE

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some questions about the process:

Did both sides have licensed attorney's present? How many attorneys did each side have present? Were the attorneys allowed to present evidence and speak in the process? Did the rules permit the participation of attorneys? Did the accuser face the accused at the hearing? Were both sides parents allowed to attend and participate? How much notice were the sides given of the process rules and attendees? Did the hearing exceed the typical time allotment? How did the disinterested witnesses testify?

I think if everyone knew the answers to these questions they would be even more shocked today.

Lawsuit against SLU? Ill support it.

Didnt Backhand say this on Sunday??? Its in the 'what happened' thread. Then everyone proceeded to jump on me and ask who was my source.

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

BACKHANDtheRICAN, on 10 October 2010 - 12:31 PM, said:

I think all of the speculation will come to an end sooner rather than later...maybe tomorrow??

Would a Semester be terrible? Maybe we'll all find out today....who knows.

On Monday, Backhand was like Noah from the bible(statment above)....Backhand was building his ship while everyone laughed at him before the storm. Even said 1 semester.

If Rick leaves, it will be the low point for this program. They are already showing that winning isn't that important by gutting the best SLU team in awhile.

RM, Porter and staff did a heck of a job recruiting bigs and ball handlers who could shoot and who may be better than Willie and KM.

It is reality and RM is not naive-this staff can keep a secret and still do their jobs.

The only way Willie and KM can redeem themselves is serve the suspension and come back second semester to win the A-10

RM rules even if the kids can't do it at this level

RM, Porter and staff did a heck of a job recruiting bigs and ball handlers who could shoot and who may be better than Willie and KM.

It is reality and RM is not naive-this staff can keep a secret and still do their jobs.

The only way Willie and KM can redeem themselves is serve the suspension and come back second semester to win the A-10

I agree with your evaluation of Majerus. That is why I think hiim leaving is such a bad thing.

Agreed

Agreed

Completely disagree. Even John Wooden said players win games. Kwamain had a chance to be the best billiken since at least claggett. Willie had a chance to be a lottery pick. These guys arent as replaceable as people are making them out to be.

One guy wrote that if this was Mizzou they would still be on the team. Lets be clear, if this was ANY school in the country they would still be on the team. I don't understand this holier than thou crap SLU pulls out. Its a bottom tier 1 school on par with most tier 1 schools in the midwest. By the way Willie Reed is your best player and can't replaced. Rick needs to kick some ass and the holy rollers need to be fired over this.

on the news willies dad confirmed that the original decision by the student court was a one year suspension, but the appeals process brought it down to one semester

He also said that if the suspension is not revoked that Willie intends to transfer.

Didnt Backhand say this on Sunday??? Its in the 'what happened' thread. Then everyone proceeded to jump on me and ask who was my source.

What the F were you thinking? Did you dare to say something true, you must have been the leak and have ruined lives

One guy wrote that if this was Mizzou they would still be on the team. Lets be clear, if this was ANY school in the country they would still be on the team. I don't understand this holier than thou crap SLU pulls out. Its a bottom tier 1 school on par with most tier 1 schools in the midwest. By the way Willie Reed is your best player and can't replaced. Rick needs to kick some ass and the holy rollers need to be fired over this.

Wow...

Completely disagree. Even John Wooden said players win games. Kwamain had a chance to be the best billiken since at least claggett. Willie had a chance to be a lottery pick. These guys arent as replaceable as people are making them out to be.

You disagree that RM and PM have done a good job recruiting??? These young players could be better than Mitchell and Reed, only time will tell(although Mitchell is goin to be tough). You don't believe in RM??? Who gets the players to come to a school and who gives the players direction....RM and staff. Kwamain is as close to irreplaceable as the Bills have seen in a long time; Willie has/had no chance of being a lottery pick.

You disagree that RM and PM have done a good job recruiting??? These young players could be better than Mitchell and Reed, only time will tell(although Mitchell is goin to be tough). You don't believe in RM??? Who gets the players to come to a school and who gives the players direction....RM and staff. Kwamain is as close to irreplaceable as the Bills have seen in a long time; Willie has/had no chance of being a lottery pick.

They have done a very good job recruiting. I just dont think it is as easy to replace those players as the original poster made it seem. I follow the NBA draft pretty closely and Willie is/has been looked at as a player with lottery potential.

I think RM has done a good job, but I fail think we could replace RM more easily than we could KM and WR. I know most people will disagree with that.

I think if we lose those 2, we lose RM too so its a no-win situation.

I am at a loss for words. I really thought that with RM and the arena SLU had decided to get serious about having a basketball team......NOPE!! I will never give the university $1 again, and I really hope they get their a$$es sued off. This obviously was handled in a very innapropriate way...A LETTER OF APOLOGY!?!?!? WTF?? The administration doesn't care about SLU basketball, so why should I? I'm glad they managed to scam me out $450 though...