Mitchell and Reed suspended

ACE

-not accuarate as any school work they have done this semester is gone so the semester has to be redone, if graduation is a goal

Daidnark posted yesterday:

14.4.3.5 Exceptions to Progress-Toward-Degree Rule.

(a) Missed Term. One time during a student-athletes entire period of collegiate enrollment, the provisions

of Bylaw 14.4.3.1-(B) may be prorated at nine hours per term of actual attendance if the student-athlete

misses a complete term or consecutive terms during an academic year, subject to the following conditions:

(Adopted: 10/31/02 effective 8/1/03 for those student-athletes first entering a collegiate institution full time on

or after 8/1/03, Revised: 4/29/04, 4/28/05)

(1) The student-athlete engaged in no outside competition in the sport during the academic term or terms

in which the student was not in attendance; and (Adopted: 10/31/02 effective 8/1/03 for those studentathletes

first entering a collegiate institution full time on or after 8/1/03)

(2) At the time of certification, the student has fulfilled the progress-toward-degree requirements (per

Bylaw 14.4.3.1) for the terms in which the student was in attendance. (Adopted: 10/31/02 effective

8/1/03 for those student-athletes first entering a collegiate institution full time on or after 8/1/03)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take this for what it is worth. I have no idea the mood around campus but my own curiosity has led me to call multiple people who are also SLU alum but have no vested interest in the BB program (i.e. don't care now and never did). Everyone of them thinks that the penalty wasn't harsh enough. I think everyone who has been around for any length of time also knows that people like this are the majority, not the minority. Most SLU students and alum would like to see the basketball team succeed but in the end could really give a crap. I don't know whether this could have played any factor in this but wouldn't be surprised if it did. If you are a member here it is fair to say that you care more about the basketball team than 95% of the rest of the SLU community. PR wise, I think SLU might have made the best decision they could have made. The storm from no punishment might have been greater than the storm this ruling is ever going to generate.

Take this for what it is worth. I have no idea the mood around campus but my own curiosity has led me to call multiple people who are also SLU alum but have no vested interest in the BB program (i.e. don't care now and never did). Everyone of them thinks that the penalty wasn't harsh enough. I think everyone who has been around for any length of time also knows that people like this are the majority, not the minority. Most SLU students and alum would like to see the basketball team succeed but in the end could really give a crap. I don't know whether this could have played any factor in this but wouldn't be surprised if it did. If you are a member here it is fair to say that you care more about the basketball team than 95% of the rest of the SLU community. PR wise, I think SLU might have made the best decision they could have made. The storm from no punishment might have been greater than the storm this ruling is ever going to generate.

I think this post is right on. 100%. Well done.

Completely agree! I sent an email to a buddy saying essentially the same thing...95%...try 99.99% of the SLU community.

I HATE the fact that people with absolutely NO CLUE about this situation (other than what they heard yesterday) think they can comment conclusively one way or the other...