GDT: Shaka Dumb

It was our best rebounding game of the year. We played outstanding team defense. We really did a good job of protecting the ball tonight despite a couple of plays that stood out badly. Milik had another Milik game highlighted by his clean up at the rim.

This game actually felt like we were moving in the right direction. It wasn't that VCU played poorly or that we had a great shooting night. We played well and this was the type of performance that can be repeated.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was our best rebounding game of the year. We played outstanding team defense. We really did a good job of protecting the ball tonight despite a couple of plays that stood out badly. Milik had another Milik game highlighted by his clean up at the rim.

This game actually felt like we were moving in the right direction. It wasn't that VCU played poorly or that we had a great shooting night. We played well and this was the type of performance that can be repeated.

Agree. Different from GW where we kept it close by hitting a ton of 3s. We looked pretty good tonight.

We'll have another clunker or 2 this season but we're trending up and showing potential for sure.

Just want to get one big win this year.

Great Game tonight. VCU won but they could very easily have lost as well. We played well the whole game and stayed on with them. Yes we lost but by a miniscule amount. I think our kids gained a lot of experience tonight and we will see the results of this later on.

Reggie was very good, McBroom, Bartley, Yacobou, Yarborough, Gillman all played very well tonight.

Very enjoyable experience, the place was packed and the enthusiasm of the crowd was infective and wonderful to hear. Go Bills! If we keep on playing like this we may make post season play despite our weak start!

15729886474_b3935a4e0b.jpg

15729886384_dede2db272.jpg

16166118479_4eb98cae95.jpg

Malik was originally on Burgess but played way off him. Manning was on Alie-Cox on the opposite side of the court. Manning got caught in the switch, Alie-Cox went to the basket and Malik went to him. Great recognition of Weber to find the open man.

Thanks for posting this. Gives a little perspective

Very encouraging last night. Here's hoping this game serves as a confidence booster, as well as a, " aha, we're finally getting the hang of this game." One negative, I think AY sometimes tries to make something out of nothing drives to the hoop. I counted at least 4 times last night where he should have been looking for better options.

-was there an edict by the A10 or the NCAA to the refs about controlling other coaches standing on the bench? I would be in favor of this action if it was consistent, but like much of officiating it is not consistent, or was it something other than assistant coaches standing that those guys (or one in particular) had a problem with?

-I would like to see a foul call distribution among the 3 refs last night

-i didn't know there was a warning for a player being over the end line when the ball was being inbounded, i guess the player has to make contact with the ball or opposing player for a technical to be called

-we did not lose because of the refs

-according to the game play by play with 6 seconds left we had 3 timeouts left, VCU takes their last one after the first ft miss, Ash makes the ft to tie the game to bail out JC on this point of only having one player on the lane to rebound or more likely in this case if the ft is missed to foul

-we have obvious confusion as we leave the huddle as JC is trying to position the other three players as Ash is shooting the ft with MY on the lane and we let them in bound the ball past the 3 pt line and allow a player to get to the goal

-what was coached in that huddle with 6 seconds left?

-perhaps a bit unfair as we had a chance to be in a game i was hoping to keep under an 18 point defeat but the end of the game is magnified

-we did a lot of very good things

-the key for me is what happens next, this game is behind us, do we make progress and play better than we have been, win a couple or a few games we didn't expect to win before last night or stagnate? i sure hope to see the improvement side

-i hope the guy wearing the SLU #35 jersey last night keeps playing for us

It looked to me that Manning had helped toward the top of the key, MY rotated over to cover his man leaving Burgess open.

I thought Ash got picked off, do JM hedged high which caused the rotating that left Burgess open. I was on the opposite side of the court , but it appeared Ash nearly went to the ground. Just a good, patient play by VCU.