Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moderators,

I respectfully request that hsmith19 get a warning flag for his constant hateful slandering.  I believe few on this board want to hear him argue with me or others.  I have kept quiet (mostly because I have a job), while this raging, race-baiting, gender-biased, legal novice lunatic has been allowed to throw around slanderous and false accusations upon posters, such as my innocent self.  He is beyond any critical thinking, is obviously angry, cannot construct a rational argument to save his life, and it leads to less enjoyment from other posters.  I would love to respond to his nonsense, but there is no reasoning with fools and would like to save the rest of the posters from such anguish.  I humbly ask that you take action.

Thank you

I may be the outlier, but thus far I have been impressed by how the university is handling this version of the situation. The public statements were all professional and timely. They have taken efforts to protect the names of both the accused and the accusers. They are hiring an external law firm to manage the internal process (rather than let academics run it), and someone has ensured the accused have top representation (as opposed to a law student). In fact, I don't even know the names of all 4 of the accused even though I am a long-time season ticket holder, billiken club member, and connected fan. 

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

How else would you do an investigation and be fair to the accused.  The problem now is that the accused is guilty until proven innocent.  There is a popular feminist theory that rape, assault, and misconduct are what the alleged victim says they are and that victims do not ever accuse falsely.  This is not true

You cannot be fair to the accused by punishing them without allowing them to face and cross examine their accuser.   I know that can be traumatic but be it court or a disciplinary hearing at school it's just not fair any other way.  

If a girl says it is rape then it may very well be. Of course unless a video or other info says otherwise. Unfortunately you are correct. No way not to let the accused to be able to present their defense. 

What keeps coming to my mind is even if the video was shown without the girls permission or knowledge then the girls are in more trouble for false police report. I would think both sides could decide to drop both issues and move on. Once this investigation is over more will be known as to what may happen. 

My other question is if the names were shared on Twitter then why are people reticent to share info that already was made public?

2 hours ago, prebilliken said:

Is there a way to get an alert when relevant and non-opinionated information on the situation comes to the board's attention?  

The cost of that feature would require a heck of a fundraiser....

... if a moderator who never deletes/hides posts  deletes or hides posts (e.g. the Duke back and forth from earlier) regarding a certain topic, probably a good idea stop posting about that topic or engaging in that debate

27 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

SLU. I was thinking the transfers and freshman would start, but was wondering if Anthony transferred to get a starting spot.

You asked that in this thread? Not only are you a troll but this is honestly pathetic behavior. I hope you find something better to do with your time'

3 hours ago, HoosierBilliken said:

Moderators,

I respectfully request that hsmith19 get a warning flag for his constant hateful slandering.  I believe few on this board want to hear him argue with me or others.  I have kept quiet (mostly because I have a job), while this raging, race-baiting, gender-biased, legal novice lunatic has been allowed to throw around slanderous and false accusations upon posters, such as my innocent self.  He is beyond any critical thinking, is obviously angry, cannot construct a rational argument to save his life, and it leads to less enjoyment from other posters.  I would love to respond to his nonsense, but there is no reasoning with fools and would like to save the rest of the posters from such anguish.  I humbly ask that you take action.

Thank you

HoosierBilliken, the easiest way to handle posters that you detest is to use  the ignore button. Let them talk to themselves. This will save you wear and tear and make you have a pleasant experience in this board.

4 hours ago, davidnark said:

I may be the outlier, but thus far I have been impressed by how the university is handling this version of the situation. The public statements were all professional and timely. They have taken efforts to protect the names of both the accused and the accusers. They are hiring an external law firm to manage the internal process (rather than let academics run it), and someone has ensured the accused have top representation (as opposed to a law student). In fact, I don't even know the names of all 4 of the accused even though I am a long-time season ticket holder, billiken club member, and connected fan. 

Agree with everything you say. 

I don't know the names either I'm sure if I went searching I could find them but it's nice to know the University and this board are doing a good job of keeping the names on both sides a secret.

Hopefully this gets sorted out soon and we can all move on.

7 hours ago, Old guy said:

HoosierBilliken, the easiest way to handle posters that you detest is to use  the ignore button. Let them talk to themselves. This will save you wear and tear and make you have a pleasant experience in this board.

Sound advice.  When hsmith19 or Vtime throw bombs in this forum, I just want to help them avoid their error.  I give much credit to Vtime in that he can keep a discussion civil.  When hsmith19 was challenged in his views, the poor man lost his mind and soul.  He is a prisoner of his own hate, bias, and prejudice.  I feel sorry for him.  There is still hope for hsmith19.  I believe a man can change for the better and learn to love.   

It's hard to discuss rape accusations because of men how we're hardwired.  Back in the cavemen days, we just refused to talk about it because the idea of our sisters and daughters being violated made us extremely uncomfortable.  In our current reactionary climate, there's a tendency to immediately throw young men under the bus who are accused because it makes us feel like we're doing something.  When that perspective is challenged, you're going to get a backlash.  I don't take it personally.  It's an emotional issue.