Coaching movement that might affect SLU

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Oklahoma St fans are saying that Underwood was so underpaid because they had to recover from the Travis Ford buyout.

That's hilarious. Oklahoma State has T. Boone Pickens throwing around ridiculous amounts of money. Pretty sure he could've cut a check for what they needed.

What a turn of events that Ford is going to be directly competing for recruits against the guy who replaced him. Underwood is a fantastic coach from a technical standpoint. I don't support the school in the slightest, but to say Illinois hit a home run is an understatement. 

oklahoma state is getting trashed. hilarity.

I refuse to believe that Underwood is going to outrecruit Ford. Underwood made the tourney with the players Ford recruited.

Ford made the tourney with the the players Ford recruited.

Underwood landed in a perfect situation.  The Illini have talent coming in thanks to Groce so Underwood doesn't need to demonstrate recruiting chops right away.  Mark Smith was already seriously considering Illinois and the fact they hired a really good offensive coach may have sealed the deal. 

Underwood won't have to prove anything on the recruiting trail for a couple of years.  By then he may have a high enough profile to pull in recruits on his own.  I'm more concerned about the Illini long term than I am Mizzou.

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Underwood landed in a perfect situation.  The Illini have talent coming in thanks to Groce so Underwood doesn't need to demonstrate recruiting chops right away.  Mark Smith was already seriously considering Illinois and the fact they hired a really good offensive coach may have sealed the deal. 

Underwood won't have to prove anything on the recruiting trail for a couple of years.  By then he may have a high enough profile to pull in recruits on his own.  I'm more concerned about the Illini long term than I am Mizzou.

Agree with that. I think the Underwood hire is a bad one.

Looking forward to The Ford landing some of that talent the Illini "have coming in."

Underwood won't out-recruit Ford. If this tournament goes to show anything, the tournament can be a crapshoot no matter how talented and well coached you are. I don't blame Ford for losing in the tournament, he put the work in to get there which matters. The tournament only leaves one school really happy. 

With Walker, is it a given if they keep him, they'll keep Tilmon?  I guess I just keep thinking how it seemed he was hesitant to sign with Illinois in November, if he still may decide to opt out of his LOI.  Would rather him stay there though then go to Mizzou with the Porters if it's between those two option.  

dL6cpDGY_bigger.jpg
 Follow 
User Actions
Verified account
@OSUCoachBrad

Head coach of the Oklahoma State Cowboys. #okstate husband to Susan. Dad to Tyler, Katie and Ashley.

mD_Ye9im_bigger.jpeg
 Follow 
User Actions
Verified account
@CoachBradSFA

Head Men's Basketball Coach at Stephen F. Austin State University #AxeEm

Lol this guy doesn't update his twitter, just makes a new account LMAO