Coaching movement that might affect SLU

29 minutes ago, kshoe said:

That article is so sad when you read it now knowing that porter choosing to pull his kids from Washington is what got Romar fired. BFFs.

If you wrote an article about the Porters and left the basketball part out, it would read like a really really strange family. 

Cant believe Porter would do his friend like that. I wonder what the real story behind everything is. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Will Wade to LSU. 

TBH this off-season kind of really sucks so far from a SLU fan's perspective.

VCU will be fine. Of any school in the country, I trust them to make a good hire. 

I for one believe that the A10 has turned into a breeding ground for coaches a team a select few schools to move on to bigger programs. No growth. I hope Ford keeps this program intact and moves us into a better conference. If vcu and Dayton are down, as in no top 25 rank for 2 to 3 years, this conference is doomed. The big east just makes so much more sense. 

14 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I for one believe that the A10 has turned into a breeding ground for coaches a team a select few schools to move on to bigger programs. No growth. I hope Ford keeps this program intact and moves us into a better conference. If vcu and Dayton are down, as in no top 25 rank for 2 to 3 years, this conference is doomed. The big east just makes so much more sense. 

The Big East doesn't want us.

14 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Please explain how wanting our team to win the A10 and have Ford get coach of the year is a stupid statement or is your answer that you're just a bully? 

Ha oh man im such a bully pointing out your wrongheaded arguments. 

when you want to be the best you have to play against tough competition. Look no further than the Lady Billikens this year and last year, Illinois st this year. When you play in a conference and you don't play a gauntlet of a non con then get unluckily bounced out of your conference tournament you don't get invited to the Dance. That's why you want a tough conference. Nobody gives out invites to the Dance for winning the regular season championship. 

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Ha oh man im such a bully pointing out your wrongheaded arguments. 

when you want to be the best you have to play against tough competition. Look no further than the Lady Billikens this year and last year, Illinois st this year. When you play in a conference and you don't play a gauntlet of a non con then get unluckily bounced out of your conference tournament you don't get invited to the Dance. That's why you want a tough conference. Nobody gives out invites to the Dance for winning the regular season championship. 

But you do for winning the tournament. Wait I have stupid arguements but you just compared women's basketball to men's?

46 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

But you do for winning the tournament. Wait I have stupid arguements but you just compared women's basketball to men's?

Pinning a season on winning 3 or 4 straight games in as many days at the end of the season is always a terrible strategy. 

Playing in a strong conference is crucial. Why would anyone want to be in the big east under your ridiculous premise?

THE entire point of a strong conference is to make it to the tournament. 

Teams that do well in the tournament get recognition, as well as being ranked throughout the season. 

Things hung up on banners in arenas are conference championships, tournament wins, and appearances down the stretch of the tournament. 

20 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Actually he doesn't get it. I'm not debating the truth of it. We shouldn't be excited that Wade is leaving. 

For next year it does, after that it might affect us, but VCU has done a great job finding coaches so I am not worried. VCU is the only team that has a recruiting class that can hang with us. I honestly believe now that we can do better or the same as the 2013-14 season now next year. I would take SLU doing well over the conference. We are a top ranked university with a large endowment and donors, the donors will easily start pushing money in when Ford asks after we dominate next year. 

5 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I honestly believe now that we can do better or the same as the 2013-14 season now next year.

Oh you mean the year the A10 got a conference-record 6 teams into the NCAA Tourney and had their highest conference rating in kenpom history?

It's a message board so opinions are encouraged. But it's also a fact that your opinion is wrong. There's no scenario where a weakened A10 is better for us.

What Glorydays has not experienced like many of us have is the Billikens in the Great Midwest conference and Conference USA.

I loved beating Cincy and Bob Huggins, playing Louisville, DePaul.

A weekend conference leads to more boring games like the non conference blood donor games that mean nothing for a strong RPI and a at large bide see Illinois State.

Sorry to see coach Wade move on to LSU, and I hope Dayton can hang on to coach Miller.

9 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I always assumed I was the least intelligent person to ever be admitted to SLU. Clearly that was a poor assumption. 

Nope, you still are.  Nobody can take that from you.