Recruiting - 2016

if he is the equal/upgrade over yarbrough with a better head it is a huge win. appears to be a nice first player in. good stuff.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever the brilliant MBM who mentioned Foreman as a possibility right after the Macon hire... kudos! ;)

I can't say I've seen a bunch of Rutgers games, but based on videos, he fits the description of that prototypical power forward that this board is always clamoring for. Looks athletic, can run the floor and dunk well and face the basket and drive. His numbers were very solid for the Big 10 and he put up some good games against quality competition, only negative is that Rutgers was absolutely horrible. There are not an abundance of quality power forwards at this size in the A-10, so his game should translate very well. I would take those rebounding numbers and if we could get a 3-4 ppg uptick after sitting out a year, we will have a heck of 4. Now, I'd love to add the kid from UCF. A lot of competition for him, but encouraging that we are getting a visit out of him.

2016 Roster By Class

Sr - MC & RA

Jr. - AG, MB, DR, BJ, AH*

So. - JB, MN, Foreman^

Fr. - ZM, EW

*Walk-on with scholly

^Redshirt Transfer

At least two more schollies available if you take back Hines' scholarship, More possible with additional transfers. Lots of holes to fill, but gotta love the start.

Whoever the brilliant MBM who mentioned Foreman as a possibility right after the Macon hire... kudos! ;)

I can't say I've seen a bunch of Rutgers games, but based on videos, he fits the description of that prototypical power forward that this board is always clamoring for. Looks athletic, can run the floor and dunk well and face the basket and drive. His numbers were very solid for the Big 10 and he put up some good games against quality competition, only negative is that Rutgers was absolutely horrible. There are not an abundance of quality power forwards at this size in the A-10, so his game should translate very well. I would take those rebounding numbers and if we could get a 3-4 ppg uptick after sitting out a year, we will have a heck of 4. Now, I'd love to add the kid from UCF. A lot of competition for him, but encouraging that we are getting a visit out of him.

-most important in bold

-he did have very similar numbers in conf and out, so he didn't just get stats against NJIT

2016 Roster By Class

Sr - MC & RA

So. - JB, MN, Foreman^

Fr. - ZM, EW

*Walk-on with scholly

^Redshirt Transfer

At least two more schollies available if you take back Hines' scholarship, More possible with additional transfers. Lots of holes to fill, but gotta love the start.

Aren't they listing Hines as a senior? However, he should have another year of eligility beyond 2016-17.

2016 Roster By Class

Sr - MC & RA

So. - JB, MN, Foreman^

Fr. - ZM, EW

*Walk-on with scholly

^Redshirt Transfer

Unless something odd happens, there shouldn't be anymore transfers from SLU. I would think those who wanted to leave had plenty of time to make that decision and from what Ford has said previously - he is not expecting any additional transfers. I still would not mind having Hine's schollie given to another recruit but I am not holding my breath for that. I know you did not say this but If they keep Hines around for 2 more years then I will really be confused. Why would you keep a walk on type player on a schollie for any longer than absolutely necessary.

Aren't they listing Hines as a senior? However, he should have another year of eligility beyond 2016-17.

I think he's a senior academically, but has 2 more years of eligibility.

Unless something odd happens, there shouldn't be anymore transfers from SLU. I would think those who wanted to leave had plenty of time to make that decision and from what Ford has said previously - he is not expecting any additional transfers. I still would not mind having Hine's schollie given to another recruit but I am not holding my breath for that. I know you did not say this but If they keep Hines around for 2 more years then I will really be confused. Why would you keep a walk on type player on a schollie for any longer than absolutely necessary.

I could see Hines maybe keeping his schollie for next year if you decide to hold another one over for next year's class, but he won't get it for 2 more years unless he earns it by becoming a stud.

I think you may still see another transfer once the school season ends, but I'm just guessing.

I think he's a senior academically, but has 2 more years of eligibility.

I could see Hines maybe keeping his schollie for next year if you decide to hold another one over for next year's class, but he won't get it for 2 more years unless he earns it by becoming a stud.

I think you may still see another transfer once the school season ends, but I'm just guessing.

So you're crossing your fingers for Jolly?

With Welmer and Gillman back healthy, plus adding Foreman the following season, not sure how BJ thinks he will be able to get any minutes the next two years.

With Welmer and Gillman back healthy, plus adding Foreman the following season, not sure how BJ thinks he will be able to get any minutes the next two years.

I'm not sure that he really cares. He can get a degree from SLU, has a girlfriend here, and by all indications, he really enjoys it at SLU. Unless Ford pushes him out, I think he'll be back next year even if that means being the 13th guy on the bench. I hope he becomes a serviceable player for us. I don't see that ever happening, but since it appears he's sticking around, I'll root for him to get (a lot) better.

He does a good job of making that very difficult to do.

I agree. His on-court antics are ridiculous and he even got himself suspended, but I'm holding out hope that it turns around with a real coach. It's an understatement to say that he and Crews clearly had clashing personalities.

I'm not a big fan of straight-up forcing players out, but I realize it's part of the game these days and he'd be an obvious candidate for that. It's also possible that Ford tells him he'll never play unless he gets significantly better hoping to encourage a transfer, but, as slufan13 suggested, he may not care.

I also have no clue about his academic situation, but I would think he may qualify to graduate after his junior season given that he went to prep school for a year. Why not just let him finish out his school if it's just one more year? Holding over an additional scholarship or two for 2017 is not a bad strategy anyways given the greater availability of players.

I'm not a big fan of straight-up forcing players out, but I realize it's part of the game these days and he'd be an obvious candidate for that. It's also possible that Ford tells him he'll never play unless he gets significantly better hoping to encourage a transfer, but, as slufan13 suggested, he may not care.

I also have no clue about his academic situation, but I would think he may qualify to graduate after his junior season given that he went to prep school for a year. Why not just let him finish out his school if it's just one more year? Holding over an additional scholarship or two for 2017 is not a bad strategy anyways given the greater availability of players.

I am not sure if you go to a prep school that all that transfers in as college credit. Had he redshirted then you may have a point about leaving after next year. While anything is possible, another transfer kinds of mucks things up. We currently have 10 players on schollie if you count Hines. We have Moore coming in on AY's slot so we have 11 players for next year eligible to play in games. We picked up a transfer - Foreman - and we still have one schollie left to give. Not sure if Ford will get another transfer or sign a spring guy who can play right away. If he gets another transfer, we can get by at practice and games with 11 but if another 1-2 transfer out and Ford can not fill them with eligible players then we will have trouble getting through our schedule and all this is based on no injuries and that has not been what has been happening the last couple of years. I am not sure that I am all that crazy about another transfer at this point especially as the better players are being picked up off the transfer list right now. So, if there is another transfer it better happen like yesterday. so Ford has a fighting chance..

Doesn't matter to him. He's here for the free ride and the fun.

I am not sure if you go to a prep school that all that transfers in as college credit. Had he redshirted then you may have a point about leaving after next year. While anything is possible, another transfer kinds of mucks things up. We currently have 10 players on schollie if you count Hines. We have Moore coming in on AY's slot so we have 11 players for next year eligible to play in games. We picked up a transfer - Foreman - and we still have one schollie left to give. Not sure if Ford will get another transfer or sign a spring guy who can play right away. If he gets another transfer, we can get by at practice and games with 11 but if another 1-2 transfer out and Ford can not fill them with eligible players then we will have trouble getting through our schedule and all this is based on no injuries and that has not been what has been happening the last couple of years. I am not sure that I am all that crazy about another transfer at this point especially as the better players are being picked up off the transfer list right now. So, if there is another transfer it better happen like yesterday. so Ford has a fighting chance..

Depends on which credits transfer and all that. If he's also been taking summer courses, he could be finished early.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Depends on which credits transfer and all that. If he's also been taking summer courses, he could be finished early.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Jolly didn't go to prep school because he had bad academics, he went because he wasn't good enough at basketball and Crews was hoping he'd get better with another year of basketball. I suspect a lot of the classes he took at prep school transferred over and with summer school he could be close to graduating. Even if he needs the fall semester, the idea of Ford pulling the basketball scholarship from him before his senior year isn't too far fetched.

Jolly didn't go to prep school because he had bad academics, he went because he wasn't good enough at basketball and Crews was hoping he'd get better with another year of basketball. I suspect a lot of the classes he took at prep school transferred over and with summer school he could be close to graduating. Even if he needs the fall semester, the idea of Ford pulling the basketball scholarship from him before his senior year isn't too far fetched.

cg_TpQ.jpg

Assuming what you are saying is accurate - I have no info to doubt it - if Jolly has the fall left until graduation how do you take the schollie away? That seems rather counterproductive - your graduation rate may drop and you come away looking like an ahole.