At least 300 new season ticket sales

44 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Getting some of that money back!

Thanks for posting, that is great to hear! And you know local hoops fans are going to be grabbing tickets to see Avila and presumably a team that can light it up offensively. We are not getting tickets again, so if anyone wants to kick me some tickets, that would be appreciated haha!

-while not a firm number as the ticket manager is reported to have said nearly 300 new season tickets have been sold, I am shocked to see someone from the SLU ADept use a number with the media, yes even when trying to generate support, it's not the CMay Way

-where Stu writes "Specific numbers were not provided.", that's the CMay Way

-it is great to see interest has lead to tickets sales AND that SLU is acting on it

billikenfan05 likes this

The coordinated marketing strategy is working. 

Last year, they had the lethal combination of losing and basically hiding from fans. Minimal marketing, no information coming out of the program, very little media interaction.

Now we have a clear marketing strategy, great information getting out to existing and potential fans, and a framework in place to win again. This is how it should be. Now we just need to win.

Lord Elrond and Fraz like this

Need the opinion from the bord. Our season tickets are under my dad and have been since the 70's. My dad passed in the last year. Over the last 15+ years my brother and I have been paying for the tickets. Last year I renewed under my dad's name to keep the ranking. Will the athletic department transfer his account to us and let us keep the ranking? Are we better off keeping it under his name?

7 minutes ago, BILLS324 said:

Need the opinion from the bord. Our season tickets are under my dad and have been since the 70's. My dad passed in the last year. Over the last 15+ years my brother and I have been paying for the tickets. Last year I renewed under my dad's name to keep the ranking. Will the athletic department transfer his account to us and let us keep the ranking? Are we better off keeping it under his name?

I think they would be sh*tty not to allow you to inherit the tickets so to speak. You should call the ticket office and speak with John Margalewski. He's very very easy to work with. That's one thing SLU has kinda gotten right more often than not, their Ticket Manager. 

BILLS324 likes this

28 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think they would be sh*tty not to allow you to inherit the tickets so to speak. You should call the ticket office and speak with John Margalewski. He's very very easy to work with. That's one thing SLU has kinda gotten right more often than not, their Ticket Manager. 

+1  John is a great guy. I was in town for an admissions program/continuing education in February. Thought the GW Game was later in the evening, so I scrambled over at halftime - no one at the windows, so I knocked on the side door, told him I was in town from Dallas, wanted to catch the second half - just gave me a ticket - no charge. I was like “man, that’s so awesome.” He just said “thanks for hanging in there with us.” Haha so I agree, John is a gem of a human being. 

NextYearBill and BILLS324 like this

I called this week to see if I could renew. Renewals haven't gone out yet. That's coming very soon. I imagine the real rub will be in the renewal rate: so many people would have dropped if Ford had stayed, or held their tickets out of habit but tried to give them away like a live grenade. All the concessions and parking also lost even with those renewals. So the new season ticket purchases are just a small part of the financial impact of this move. 

1 hour ago, BILLS324 said:

I believe they will transfer the points.  

BILLS324 likes this

1 hour ago, BILLS324 said:

Sorry for your loss

BILLS324 likes this

1 hour ago, NextYearBill said:

i need to buy a new billikens yard flag..... last year i tossed it in the garbage in frustation

Just installed a new bracket on my front porch that holds 2 flags. Need a sexy new Bills flag to insert. Please advise...

NextYearBill likes this

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

This reminds me how little SLU offers in the way of home & office decor products

SLU = Nordstrom Rack

just sort of enough