NCAA Tournament 2024

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Grand Canyon, massive no on Bryce Drew. I’ve seen better coaching on the playground.

I quit this game with about 40 seconds left and Alabama ahead by 11 pts. I do not think they can win this one. Both teams Alabama and GC played an incredibly physical game. Tennessee better get ready to put more than their normal 100% effort the next game.

10 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

After watching Grand Canyon, massive no on Bryce Drew. I’ve seen better coaching on the playground.

Sounds like Barkley agrees with you.  If I’m an Alabama fan, I’m taking a couple of Xanax after that game…complete street brawl.

This is shaping up to be the worst tourney in years after one of the best last year.  More chalk then in a classroom.  All 1s and 2s are going to make sweet 16.    Horrible coaching and execution killed chances for Oakland and GCU.    James madison knocked out because duke had their best shooting game in a decade.  Not much left to root for.

I do not care if you get exited watching these games, I do. Tonight I saw Texas AM vs Houston. Houston was ahead until the very end when TexAM started gaining. By the time 1.2 seconds were left, most of starters in both sides had fouled out. TexAM had the ball and Houston was 3 pts ahead. The ball went into play, TexAM caught it, lob'd it and made the three pointer within the 1.2 seconds giving them the OT. After the OT was close to the end Houston was playing with walk ons and TexAM was out of gas and lost the game. That was a hell of a game. I do not think any team in A10 could play any of these two teams.

If you cannot enjoy watching such a game, then what are you doing watching basketball? Betting? 

10 hours ago, Old guy said:

I do not care if you get exited watching these games, I do. Tonight I saw Texas AM vs Houston. Houston was ahead until the very end when TexAM started gaining. By the time 1.2 seconds were left, most of starters in both sides had fouled out. TexAM had the ball and Houston was 3 pts ahead. The ball went into play, TexAM caught it, lob'd it and made the three pointer within the 1.2 seconds giving them the OT. After the OT was close to the end Houston was playing with walk ons and TexAM was out of gas and lost the game. That was a hell of a game. I do not think any team in A10 could play any of these two teams.

If you cannot enjoy watching such a game, then what are you doing watching basketball? Betting? 

I like to see mid majors go deep into the tourney. All we have left now is SD State.  Yes the houston game was the best of the weekend. But Oakland blowing it with a bonehead final play hurts as well as GCU forgetting how to shoot against crappy bama

16 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

I like to see mid majors go deep into the tourney. All we have left now is SD State.  Yes the houston game was the best of the weekend. But Oakland blowing it with a bonehead final play hurts as well as GCU forgetting how to shoot against crappy bama

The unforced turnovers against a bad defensive team was the real killer for GCU.  As bad as they shot, they would have won the game if they wouldn't have committed those.

8 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

For all the people who don't like KenPom or advanced stats, 13 of the top 14 teams in KenPom are in the Sweet 16. Only one team below 23rd, NC State, made it this far. 

Well picking the top 14 to be in the Sweet 16 is a bit like betting a horse to show but I understand what you are saying - his metrics are good.

Just now, brianstl said:

I don’t think he is an a hole.  He just has that face.

Oh he absolutely is.  Nothing to back this up but you don’t look like this and go to church 

brianstl likes this

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Oh he absolutely is.  Nothing to back this up but you don’t look like this and go to church 

Have you ever heard him being interviewed? Very thoughtful respectful individual. Granted he looks tough but I changed my opinion after hearing him talk. 

almaman likes this

21 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Now, that is interesting. Does this mean that a holes or at least a hole looking people are not allowed in by the Church? I doubt that, I have seen a lot of a hole looking people in Church. 

43 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Brad Underwood just looks like the biggest a hole.

29 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don’t think he is an a hole.  He just has that face.

He looks like the racist, abusive, alcoholic father from a movie set in 1960.

Again, like you said, he might be a decent enough guy. He just looks like that.

brianstl likes this